[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HS bf in college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (638KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
638KB, 1000x667px
Hi guys,
Basically one of my friends is really in love with her bf (both each others firsts), they've been together for about 7 months and they both plan to go to college in socal. Is it a good idea to go to the same college and stay together? I've told her its a bad idea and that they should go their seperate ways, but she's conflicted. Do you guys think they could/should go to the same school?
>>
>>16757797
that's their choice you autist.
>>
>>16757797
The fuck do you care?
>>
>>16757797

>really in love with her bf
>7 months

kek, this is just the honeymoon fase, college will take this away really fast.
>>
>>16757797
Absolutely not, one, if not both of them, will regret that choice. They can try an LDR, but these usually don't work out.
>>
>>16757804
>>16757808
Because she asked for advice you fuckers
>>
They shouldn't go to the same school primarily because of the relationship. However if they are both studying what they want with the best cost, convenience, prestige, etc. at that school, that's a happy coincidence.
>>
>>16757834
Despite the fact that I agree with you, 7 month is an awful lot of time to be living an illusion.

Btw it's spelled phase, not fase, which doesn't even exist to begin with.
>>
File: 1405239000199.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1405239000199.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>16758090

She's obviously not interested in advice or she'd be here herself. She's a young kid who thinks she is in love who is about to go to college and just begin to scratch the surface of what it means to be an adult, OF COURSE she's not going to make the smart decision.

She thinks she's in love with someone she's been with for 7 months for fuck's sake,(not mentioning the fact that "being with" someone in high school has none of the aspects of an actual adult relationship and mainly consists of texting, holding hands and dry humping in someone's mom's basement. You don't expect people whoa aren't adults to make adult decisions, it just isn't practical.

They're going to go to college, grow up a little, grow apart and then break up like every couple coming out of high school does. Who cares, let her figure it out on her own.
>>
Ok, thanks guys.
>>
>>16757804

This

Leave her alone, spergbait. It is none of your business.
>>
>>16758557

Fuck you>>16758090
>>
>>16757797
No harm in it.
>>
>>16758105
I've been with my HSSH for 15 years. We've never broken up. Fuck you naysayers.
>>
>>16757797
Why do you care, op? You trying to get in there?
>>
>>16758105
you're just jealous because you have feelings for her. Stop being a kid and let her do her own decisions and mistakes.
>>
>>16757797
You've already involved yourself enough, and made your opinion known. Stop, seriously, just leave them be.

I promise you, your friend will be fine no matter what happens. Thousands follow their SO to college every year, transfer, etc... It will work out.

As such, leave it alone.
>>
File: 1389589055171.jpg (34KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1389589055171.jpg
34KB, 440x440px
>>16758595

>I've been with my HSSH for 15 years. We've never broken up. Fuck you naysayers.

Ok, but you do understand that for example, you personally winning the lottery is not a logical basis for telling everyone you meet to dump their money into powerball tickets right?

The failure rates for young relationships are astronomical, so your anecdotal "HEY, I DID SOMETHING UNLIKELY ONE TIME SO FUCK YOU" statement is worth about a handful of shit in this situation.

Not once did anyone say staying with someone out of high school was impossible, but I kind of depended on everyone to use their basic reading and comprehension skills to draw logical conclusions for themselves.

You, obviously, didn't do so well in that department.
>>
>>16758105
>They're going to go to college, grow up a little, grow apart and then break up like every couple coming out of high school does. Who cares, let her figure it out on her own.

this basically

OP let her do her life and leave her alone.
>>
>>16758639
Choosing a college is not buying a powerball ticket, you fuck. It's not like choosing NOT to go to college to stay with someone, that's retarded, but making a big deal out of going to college together is pretty pointless. The most important thing is that they get their education, and whether they stay together or not, looks like they both will.

So quit naysaying, you negative Nancy.
>>
OP really needs to kill him/herself.

What an annoying fuck.
>>
>>16757797
College is such a giant place that even if they attended the same college, its not even like they'd see each other all that often. Especially if they broke up.

I've attended college with my boyfriend for the past three years, and we are going on 5 years together over all. We're both part time students and work. We take classes together when they fit. And it's really helpful. We split the cost of one book and share it. Help each other study. It works really well.

It's not like college is some festering breeding ground for fucking/cheating/drama. I've been at my college for years and still haven't made a single friend, generally because everyone is caught up in their own lives and not entirely approachable. My boyfriend hasn't made any college friends either. The work is too demanding to make friends and dick around in class. Or even outside of class.

A girl once approached him in a class we shared on the first day because we had to sit apart from each other, but once we went on break together, she realized he was taken by me. That was like, the highlight of "drama" we've encountered.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.