[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job question: I graduated from a cs program this last fall.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: HR.jpg (3MB, 5054x3002px) Image search: [Google]
HR.jpg
3MB, 5054x3002px
Job question:

I graduated from a cs program this last fall. I applied for a computer scientist position about two weeks ago that required unofficial transcripts which state the date your degree was conferred date if you were subbing college for experience.

My school has a really long year end process and I couldn't get my transcripts. Since all I had was my DPR which said that I completed all requirements of my program, that is what I submitted and I clicked the button that I wanted to qualify by experience since I felt that was safer due to me being qualified by both experience and education. Weird that you have to choose one or the other, but that is besides the point.

Anyway, I get an email from my potential boss giving me the spec for a program to create as to gauge competency, the email clearly states that I am to respond to the email with my program attached and confirm that I am still interested in the position. I'm nearly finished program and now I do have my transcripts that have my degree date on them and I'm wondering whether I should attach that as well; not sure he'd care since that is more of the HR deal.

What do you guys think?
>>
another
>>
bump for the evening crew
>>
>>16757415
Did you get a degree? is comp sci worth it
>>
>>16757415
you're selling yourself short.

Companies should be looking for you, not you looking for them if you're a comp sci degree student. Jump through ever single hoop and however high they ask you to because it sounds like you're at the bottom tier of the spectrum.
>>
>>16758636

I'm not sure what your point is in relation to my question.
>>
>>16758655
go ask hackernews, they will help you with comp sci shit.
>>
>>16757415
You should be doing better than this at finding jobs. How/what did you do during school?

>>16758636
>Companies should be looking for you, not you looking for them
Are you so STEM indoctrinated you think graduates can just have jobs thrown at them for graduating? Even they need to build a portfolio and get experience.
>>
>>16758636
YEAH, OP SHOULD SIT IN HIS LIVING ROOM WAITING FOR COMPANIES TO BARRAGE THROUGH HIS DOOR!

HEY, OP, U WUNT JOB? LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOW! 20 COMPANIES SUCKING ON THE GLASS!
>>
>>16758685
I automatically assumed that people would be interning during school, getting at least 1 year worth of experience under their belt. That would be enough to have the people on indeed looking out for you. I overestimate you all.
>>
What is going on in this thread? Has it been invaded by Pakis?
>>
>>16758821

I have eight years of experience. The guy is the software engineer lead for the team.

The contact number I have is just for the HR office, no specific person. He said he was given my name and email address for being assessed for the position, so I am assuming that he is working with HR.
>>
I work in HR, depending on the size of the company they won't even know what your university's unofficial transcript look like. We also know that sometimes things are delayed and out of peoples control. All they wanted was to make sure that you meet the requirements and that it isn't a waste of time to continue you in the hiring process.

You can attach, it isn't going to hurt justput a brief explanation. The hiring manager is going to be working close with HR. It will take him 2 seconds to fwd it to HR anyways.
>>
>>16758834
Typically the hirining manager works hand in hand with HR and HR provides guidance and assists with the development of testing etc. He definitely will have an HR contact. Just send it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.