[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make my girlfriend be okay with my smoking habit? She's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1440482161986.jpg (135KB, 938x632px) Image search: [Google]
1440482161986.jpg
135KB, 938x632px
How do I make my girlfriend be okay with my smoking habit?

She's known from the get-go that I'm a stoner, she also knows I always smoke when I hang out with friends. Hell I've smoked right in fron of her on several occasions. She always said my habit was "no good" but that she doesn't want to stop me from doing what makes me happy.

Now, out of fucking no where, I'm hanging out with friends and suddenly she's not cool with me smoking. It suddenly became such a big deal she threatened to cut me off from sex if I did smoke with my friends.

I honestly don't even know how to respond to this situation. She's had previous stoner boyfriends. She's even smoked multiple times with them, but always claimed to never like how it made her feel. That's understandable, and I even told her I would never make her do it.

Some things I should point out:
>I don't drink, well I'll have a single beer or a single shot, I never get drunk.
>She drinks here and there and gets drunk every once in a while.
>>
how the fuck should I know

ask her not me
>>
I like how you're trying to paint her as the bad guy, OP
>hurr durr I might be a stoner but at least I don't drink that often lmao
>my gf on the other hand, she drinks a lot. I'm just gonna point this out to let me look like less of a degenerate
>>
>>16755478
Just tell her she knew what she was signing up for, and if she's going to use sex as some pathetic bargaining chip you're just going to dump her. Don't put up with that horse shit.
>>
>>16755478
Stoner girl here who's currently dating a cop. We have a deal where he says I can smoke as long as I'm not smoking around him, I'm not high around him and I'm not bringing weed into his home. Maybe try and set up a deal like that? You can't make someone be okay with it, as much as you want to. It seems like there's some sort of bigger problem going on with her, especially with that withholding sex bullshit, so you should definitely have a serious talk with her about it if you're sure you want to stay in this relationship.
>>
>>16755490
I like how you are a huge faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 200x195px
>>16755508
Stay mad, stoner friend
>>
>>16755501
completely off topic but im gunna rant anyways; this is why people hate cops

>you're not allowed to speed, but I can because you'll just assume im on my way to an important call
>you can't text and drive, but let me run your license plate on my laptop while driving to make sure you don't have warrants
>you can't smoke weed, but i'll let my gf do it as long as I don't see it or smell it

hypocritical bunch they are
>>
>>16755519

But the first two are directly related to doing their job of keeping people safe. They drive special cars with sirens for a reason, it's expected that police might need to speed. If everyone was allowed to speed it'd be fucking mayhem, and if police aren't allowed to speed it'd be fucking mayhem for anyone they're trying to get to.

There's a lot wrong with cops, but these are pretty stupid examples.
>>
>>16755519
He's not an officer in my town. It's not like he can just come into my house and bust me. Honestly, he hates that I smoke weed, but he knows that I'm not going to stop doing it. I'd like to try harder drugs, but he's said that if I do we're over. It's about compromise, not about bringing your job into your relationship and being the best cop evar.
>>
>>16755478
OP, there are plenty of reasons to not smoke.

One of them is because it's degenerate.

Another is because you're an adult, and adults who get high often have no direction or ambition to be any more than what they are.

Your girlfriend is probably coming out of the "dude weeeeeed" phase and moving on to more mature prospects.
>>
>>16755490
>Implying I'm a degenerate.

I work full time making 60k a year.
I own a car and rent my own place.
I pay my bills, I function.

Just because I smoke weed doesn't mean I'm a degenerate anon.

And no I'm not even trying to paint her as the bad guy, just pointing out that everyone has a vice.

And trust me, no drinking is a big plus for her since her father was an alcoholic abusive fuck.
>>
>>16755524
The first point is him just talking generally, when they aren't actively chasing someone. And yes, they DO abuse that privilege all the time. I've even known a few examples where cops would flash their lights so they can pass in no-pass zones or even run lights

>>16755519
My dad is a retired cop. I remember two examples:

>speeding to a store before it closes while he's on his phone
>pulled over and the cop starts writing the ticket
>Before even pulling out his license, pulls out his badge, and the cop is like "oh! Officer Anon! How are you?" And rips up the ticket

>When I was like 14, my dad would like to take backroads because he also enjoyed doing shit in the car that you should be doing at a desk, and not at 60 MPH
>He needed to pay some bills, so he tells me to hold the wheel and reaches behind the seat for his checkbook
>Let go of the wheel when he gets back around
>He puts up his knees to the wheel and looks down to write the check
>I'm just sitting in my seat wondering how we haven't drifted off into the ditch yet
>>
>>16755524
no I mean i've seen cops speeding without their lights on. as in we're driving down a main road, i'm doing the 45 speed limit, and he zips by me going at least 55, and then I see him stopped at a red light up ahead (if he had a call he would flip on his lights to get through the intersection)

and how is keying in my license and looking at my criminal info any less distracting than texting "okay thanks mom"? if it's all about safety neither should be allowed

the other thing I hate is how they demand your respect while treating you like an illegal alien that's up to no good.
>>
>>16755587
Most traffic vehicles have an automatic license plate reader. They don't have to type shit. All they gotta do is hit a button.
>>
>>16755533
So what! his job is to uphold the law isn't it? if you robbed banks for a living would it matter if he was a cop in a different town or state? hell no, he would be obligated to arrest you. But because you give him sexy time and weed isn't a big deal in general he'll let it slide. but those shit head 17 year olds smoking at the park are gunna get the long dick of the law from your boyfriend
>>
>>16755533

I don't even want to try harder drugs. I don't even drink anymore. I just find comfort in having that relaxing feeling after a hard days work. I wouldn't need any other drug for the rest of my life I just need my weed.
>>
>>16755605
fair enough, he's still staring at a screen though
>>
>>16755608

There's a difference between knowing someone smokes pot and catching someone smoking pot. Those 17 year olds in the park could tell him all about their pot smoking ways, but if he can't prove it, he can't do shit.
>>
>>16755608

A felony crime with clear cut victims is not that same as a misdemeanor victimless crime. Holy shit are you really going to make that comparison?

Should you be brought to court every time you took a piss outdoors?
>>
Ex-420blazeitfgtbro here.

Just gonna point this out to you bro, but this is something you're gonna have to deal with throughout your life if you intend to continue smoking regularly.

Is it really worth being THIS stubborn just for the sake of temporary enjoyment?

I think if it's this important to you then you're addicted, which might be what she's trying to tell you.
>>
>>16755634
okay you're right poor analogy, my point is cops turn a blind eye to crime when it's convenient or they know the person involved.

how about two 17 year olds pulling a "hey mister" outside a liquor store to an off duty cop. He doesn't think "well what they're doing is illegal, but i'm off the clock so I can't mix work with my personal life"
>>
>>16755650
Oh I told her I was addicted. I've cut back a lot. Smoking during all my free time to only once at night to relax before going to bed.

Honestly I don't do it for enjoyment more so as a way of self medicating. I've been an extremely nervous person since I was a little kid. When I discovered weed, it relaxed me enough to the point where I didn't feel so stressed out about little things and that gave me the confidence to actually start living a normal life.

I didn't try weed until well into my adulthood, and was never the Xx420BlazeitxX type. I always kept my habit on the down low and never made a big fuss about it.

It's honestly helped me get to where I am in life right now. I think I would still be a NEET virigin with no friends if it wasn't for the weed relaxing me enough to actually get out of my comfort zone.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.