[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get into any of my unis I applied to I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: city_pict17a.jpg (53KB, 540x518px) Image search: [Google]
city_pict17a.jpg
53KB, 540x518px
I didn't get into any of my unis I applied to
I don't know what to do anymore
>>
>>16749864
Work and wait a year and reaplly, this time in the ones u know ull get accepted in first
>>
>>16749864
Why didn't you get in?
>>
>>16749878
I don't know
>>16749877
Cmon man I can't do that
>>
>>16749882
What do you mean you don't know? You'd know if you didn't do well enough in high school or something. It's called introspection
>>
>>16749888
I really don't know what's so bad about me
>>
>>16749882
It looks terrifying at first, but its actually not that bad. Take it as a life journey ;)
>>
>>16749894
Then your homework is to go away and think about it. Then do >>16749877, while improving whatever it was that made you not get in in the first place.
>>
>>16749864
what was your GPA? stats, race, your essay, extracurrics
>inb4 2.0 with nothing else as a white guy
>>
>>16749899
>>16749896
Give me a break
>>
>>16749910
You've already got one, because you didn't get into any universities
>>
>>16749882
>Cmon man I can't do that
Why not? Lots of people do. If that really isn't an option, so two years at a community college and then transfer.
>>
>>16749864
OP, if there was one thing I learned in university, it's that so many kids out of highschool enrole without fully knowing what they want to do. They spend thousands of dollars following a degree they don't really want to spend their life doing, and end up unhappy and in serious debt. I did a year in a BA. I liked the work, but it didn't feel like a career, so I stopped and took a year of to work and figure out what to do, then went back when I found a love for health care. Now I love what I'm doing and have no regrets.
So yeah it's disappointing to not get into the schools, but despite what it seems, it is by no means a death sentence. In fact, you could be better off now than what you would be in a year or two.
So go find a job, save up, follow your interests, and volunteer where you want. Use this year to learn to work hard, mature, and come out of it a stronger person.
>>
>>16749882
Why can't you work, OP? You can save up and help pay for college, supplies, etc., and it will give you time to think about other schools.

If not, are there any other schools you can apply to? What about internships/apprenticeships, volunteering, etc.? Those will all look good on future college applications.
>>
>>16749882
Did you really just say that? Lol

Just do it. It is SUPER GOOD to do stuff like this. You are probably lucky to not get into uni to clear up some of that brainwashed brains of yours with real world experience!
>>
>>16749915
I can't graduate from a community college, doing two years is out too.
>>16749918
No my life is over
>>16749906
3.0 gpa, 4.2 weighted, 1940 sat 27 act, 225 volunteer hours , vice president of social studies club, secretary of English , in national honor society , poor bilingual Hispanic with an associates wrote about how multiple close deaths in family and alcoholic parent affected me
>>
>>16749894
>I really don't know what's so bad about me
How can we know if you don't?

But if you really want to do this, fine. Let's run a post ortem. What schools did you apply to? Which ones were your safety schools? What, and how, did you do in high school? Did you have some idea of what you wanted to pursue a degree in, and if so, what was it? Do you fit into any particular demographics that might have been relevant? Is there something unique about your life situation that might have been relevant? Did you tell the schools about these things?
>>
>>16749935
OP I can promise you that you will look back on this dilemma when you are older and laugh at yourself.
>>
>>16749940
I just applied to my state schools and some prestigious ones I knew I couldn't afford
The schools knew everything about me
>>
>>16749935
>I can't graduate from a community college, doing two years is out too.
Why? I see no reason you couldn't do either of these, given that you were hoping to go straight into a four-year university.

>>>16749918 #
>No my life is over
Why? It doesn't look that way to me. Life threw you one hell of a curveball, and I'm sorry to hear that, but lots of people do this, sometimes even by choice. Most of them turn out just fine -no less than in the general population, anyway- and I see no reason to believe that you won't too.
>>>16749906 #
>3.0 gpa, 4.2 weighted, 1940 sat 27 act, 225 volunteer hours , vice president of social studies club, secretary of English , in national honor society , poor bilingual Hispanic with an associates wrote about how multiple close deaths in family and alcoholic parent affected me
Well, that's what I get for taking the time to think up all those questions without checking the thread one last time before hitting Post.
I'm sorry to hear about your family but you said that you already have an associates' degree: how did that happen?
>>
>>16749935
>3.0 gpa, 4.2 weighted, 1940 sat 27 act, 225 volunteer hours , vice president of social studies club, secretary of English , in national honor society
Did you only apply for Ivy schools or something? Other than a higher GPA, I didn't have any of that going for me and I'm in college.
>>
>>16749963
>>16749962
I honestly have no idea, sorry for sounding whiny but I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't think I was a decent applicant.
It's why I'm so confused at how thus turned out , as mean as it sounds "worse" people got in over me
>>
File: cant.gif (501KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
cant.gif
501KB, 200x150px
>>16749963

No one cares about how hard you worked and all the civic BS and clubs, and that includes admissions committees, for the most part. Join the military. If your life is over, so be it. Life hasn't even BEGUN to fuck you yet. Buckle up, asshole. It gets harder from here.

Seriously, stop with that my life is over shit. A year after I finished HS, two of my friends were dead. One in Iraq, the other from a drunk driver. Quit bitching, you poof.
>>
>>16749985
wow what a tough guy
>>
>>16749985
I can't join the military I'm not fit at all
>>
>>16749985
First of all, I'm not OP. Second, I can't just "join the military"; I tried and got rejected permanently, to which a few people here harshly told me I deserved it when I made a thread about trying again.
>>
File: onions.jpg (89KB, 466x535px) Image search: [Google]
onions.jpg
89KB, 466x535px
>>16750020
Neither was I. Did it anyhow. It was hell, and 4 years later, they paid for about 70% of my undergrad. No one says no to a nuke navy survivor. I got into MIT, even though I was never smart enough to go there.

OP, I see a lot of shit about why you can't or didn't get in. When you're finished with your whining, make a plan to be sure you want to get there. Concurrent with that, figure out IF you should be there. Unless you know exactly what you want to do, you're spinning your wheels anyhow.
If you give up the first time people say no, you'll miss out on a LOT of good opportunities. Fuck 'em. You can do it if you want it bad enough. Just gotta work harder than everyone else around you, but in the real world, not with clubs and volunteering shit. Actual work.
...and if I sound like a tough guy, maybe that's exactly what you need so you don't fall to pieces every time life takes a shit on your plans.
>>
op you sound like a whiny bitch who has an excuse for everything

what were you gonna study anyway, maybe that can redeem you
>>
>>16750052
Way to conveniently ignore my post (>>16750029), despite that I'm the one you called out in the first place (>>16749963
). Face it, the military won't do shit for me. The only thing left for me to do is become so fucked up on paper you bastards couldn't get me if WWIII broke out.
>>
>>16749982
Try again. I'm doing it and it is not as bad as it sounds. Without a college degree it's really hard to get a decent job, so keep trying, OP.
It's humiliating? Yes, but fuck, we need to get over our stupid pride
>>
>>16750080

im going to hang myself
>>
join the military, then go to school when you get out
>>
>>16750405
this is the dumbest idea
>>
>>16750410
why?

there's such a huge difference between an 18 and a 22 year old to begin with, and having spent those 4 years in a position where he has to deal with structure, hardship, and possibly gets some leadership experience, he'd be in a much better position to get more out of school. Also if he's American they'll pay for his college.
>>
>>16750426
> just give up everything you've worked for nearly no reason, give up 4 years of your life for jack shit, have to go through fitness process and indoctrination, have to serve during a very shaky time and could actually see war
>>
>>16750436
>just give up everything you've worked for nearly no reason
like what? OP didn't get into school and doesn't have a job, what exactly would he be giving up?

>give up 4 years of your life for jack shit
no, you're putting 4 years of your life into a job that pays you money and provides you with room and board, you also may get lots of great memories and good friends

>have to go through fitness process and indoctrination
being in shape is a bad thing? As for indoctrination yeah I will admit basic sucks but you only have to do it once and literally millions of people before you have done it.

>have to serve during a very shaky time and could actually see war
you do realize that not everyone in the military is a soldier right? Even though everyone is theoretically at risk, many of the jobs in the army and nearly all of the jobs in the navy and airforce have you so far from combat there might as well not even be a war.
>>
>>16750452
Not everyone is in your position, OP is great.
>hurr im not giving up 4 years
I see the indoctrination has gotten to you
>Implying anyone would even be tolerable
>Being in shape is a bad thing
I don't want to be in shape, I don't want that process
>hurr you wont see war
no proof
now stop bringing up counter points as you're not going to convince anyone and just fuck off, k?
>>
>>16749864
Professor writing here.

The most likely explanation is that you aimed too high. Everyone, even the all-A+ student, should have one or two insurance schools to apply to - the regional campus of your state university, for example.

It actually may not be too late to apply for someplace like that - a college called "University of [state] at [city]" or "Northern/Eastern/etc. [state] University" Spend a year there and then try to transfer to the main "University of [state]"

If not, spend a year at a CC taking introductory courses that will transfer so you won't lose any time, and apply again, to a more modest group of schools. (A part or full time job during the year will go a way toward expenses the next year)
>>
>>16749864
college is bullshit

learn skills, get internships, build a resume or portfolio, get good job. no degree required.
>>
>>16749982
You can always apply perdue. They accept applications until april iirc
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.