[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get over someone fast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 200_s.gif (36KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
36KB, 267x200px
How do you get over a guy who wasn't even yours?

We met online, talked allday-everyday, video chatted ect. Found out he has a girlfriend.

>pic related

Ever since we stopped talking I've been feeling very empty. I loved being totally single before. How can I go back to that and forget him?

Hardmode: no alcohol or drugs or whoring around.
>>
>>16749463
Get a hobby. And I don't mean something like playing videogames or football or something like that. I mean find an instrument or something, learn how to cook better, take up martial arts or just plain start exercising.
>>
>>16749481
Thanks for the advice! I do have a lot of hobbies, but I'm just not really finding them fulfilling.
>>
>>16749484
What are they? I find the best ones are the ones that bring about physical results.
>>
>>16749499
Music, crafting, reading. I do workout lightly but more as a social thing.
>>
>>16749463
Yeah, take a deep breath
And do something you're interested in.
and KNOW for a fact you will meet someone else again.
>>
>>16749503
>Music
Do you play or simply listen?
>Crafting
What exactly do you craft?
>Social exercise
Try upgrading to mental, physical, and emotional reasons to exercise. Do it for you.

You're welcome by the way, I missed saying that before.
>>
>>16749518

>Do you play or simply listen?
Both
>Crafting
Knitting, sewing, baking ect.

>Try upgrading to mental, physical, and emotional reasons to exercise. Do it for you.
That's really good advice anon! Thanks!
>>
>>16749510
I don't think I'm forever alone, its just that pre-dbag I was very very happy to be alone, and I really want that happiness back.
>>
>>16749528
Oh if that's the case then I'd say throw yourself into your hobbies. Maybe compose something original, maybe cook a fictional meal from a show you like. You'll be fine.

No prob, bob.
>>
>>16749541
>maybe cook a fictional meal from a show you like.

That's such a cool idea! I will do that tonight!
>>
>>16749533
How alone were/are you? Why do you think you enjoyed solitude?
>>
>>16749652

>How alone were/are you?
I have a normal amount of friends and a big family, I just don't do relationships really.

>Why do you think you enjoyed solitude?
Being single was the best. I loved the freedom, but now, it's not as appealing.
>>
>>16749677
It's natural to long for a relationship and it's no surprise your genetically programmed urges were triggered by this connection. It's probably possible to go back to your previous mindset but you should think about whether it's actually beneficial for you. It's good that you have a social life and are not alone per se. Being single isn't necessarily bad if a relationship would actually restrict you from something more meaningful. I just think you shouldn't seek loneliness because it's easy and comforting. I've been alone my entire life and used to enjoy it because of that. Later I've realized it's a shitty reason to pursue inaction. I no longer enjoy being alone it and it's difficult to change because I never developed any social skills to make friends with.
>>
>>16749811

>you should think about whether it's actually beneficial for you.
Right now it is beneficial to be single because I'm in university, but I eventually want to settle down when I have my career set.

>Being single isn't necessarily bad if a relationship would actually restrict you from something more meaningful.
That's really good advice. It really wouldn't restrict me.

>I just think you shouldn't seek loneliness because it's easy and comforting.
10/10 advice. I have a bad habit of picking easy>best.

>Later I've realized it's a shitty reason to pursue inaction. I no longer enjoy being alone it and it's difficult to change because I never developed any social skills to make friends with.
That's very true. That sucks anon! I'm sorry to hear that! You seem like a nice person, so I have no doubt you will make friends!
>>
>>16749837
>Right now it is beneficial to be single because I'm in university
Ok, I won't argue that. Just remember not to save your life for the future. Carpe diem and all that. Not sure what advice to give on getting over the guy. The environment you were in while you chatted with him might evoke the feelings. Presumably your room, so going outside more or literally rearranging your room might help. I did that once and it helped refresh my mind for a while. You could change the "received message" sound, change the skin of the chatting application(s) you used, desktop background, whatever. Start compiling to-do lists of things you have to do or want to do, you'll get a stronger sense of achievement/fulfillment once you get to cross over the tasks and can look back on what you've accomplished.
>>
>>16749677

Literally the exact same feel but I'm a dude.

I just wanna play video games and earn money, fuck!
>>
>>16749980
Yeah, I've deleted him off everything to limit the feels but those are really good suggestions! Will do! I love lists so that will help. I'm basically trying to throw myself into stuff right now, just to keep busy so the list idea will definitely help. You are sage anon! Thanks!
>>
>>16749987
Being single is literally the best. No obligations to go to stupid events to please someone, no need to go out and blow your money every weekend plus you can just up and go whenever you want, no questions asked.
>>
>>16750008
No problem. Your enthusiasm makes me feel like I've been helpful, though I guess I have no way to find out for sure.
>>
>>16750049
No you actually have been really helpful! I don't really have anyone that I can talk to about this, because I didn't really tell anyone about him. All my galpals have long term boyfriends and wouldn't really understand about meeting someone online.
>>
>>16750068
I know. I am a strong believer in the "once a cheater" rule, but he never told me he had a girlfriend. I found out on my own.
>>
>>16750072
Okay, cool. Good luck.
>>
when you have a physical wound you can't make it heal faster

you treat it and wait

i think the same is true for emotional problems, there are a few things we can do to help the healing process, but at the end of the day it will take it's own time
>>
>>16749463
fastest way is to cut contact and finding someone else that you like, and you can spend your time thinking about.
Things that help: trying out new things, exercise, focuses in your creativity, go out with friends.
Things you shouldn't do, text him, answering his text, talking to people about him, meeting him.
>>
>>16750166
Good advice! The problem is that I really don't want someone else. Yeah. It's really hard to ignore his texts so I just deleted him off everything. I really want to be antisocial right now, but I will take your advice and schedule more stuff with friends.
>>
>>16750094
I know. I wish there was a magic fix. Haha.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.