[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal w/ a snoring girlfriend? I've been dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1453884340171.jpg (437KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453884340171.jpg
437KB, 1280x960px
How do I deal w/ a snoring girlfriend? I've been dating her for a few months and I can't sleep next to her because she snores like a mother fucker.
I generally don't like sharing my bed, my gf of 7 years and I had seperate bedrooms and that was just fine. The fact that I am 1.97m/95kg (6'6"/210lbs in burgers) possibly accounts for that as well.

I've tried to explain that to her several times and she just can't accept it. She insists on sharing the bed and the fact that I would not share my bed in my past relationship makes her feel alienated. She thinks I'm exaggerating and behaving like a pussy, or a weirdo. I keep telling her to visit a doctor, but she doesn't want to (no universal health care in my country, insurance doesn't cover shit).

I simply can't do it, it is impossible for me to fall asleep while she's next to me, sawing at 115dB. Ear plugs don't help either, as it's a very low frequency noise, fuck, it sometimes even makes her shitty IKEA bed resonate. More often than not, I leave the bed to sleep on the couch, sometimes I don't even bother seeing her in the evening, simply to ease my sleep deprivation.

This shit is taking a heavy toll on our young relationship. Is there anything I can do? Has any of you anons been in such a situation before?

pic unrelated.
>>
My Gf would snore like a motherfucker when she hit deep sleep. Moving her would stop it for a while so I would lightly rub her or nudge her so she shifted around the bed.
>>
>>16747619
Additionally she never snored when she was stressed so it was comforting....until she stopped snoring for the 3rd year of our relationship and guess whT she was cheating on me.
>>
Try recording her while she sleeps, and showing her the full extend to which she snores.
If you have a good relationship with her family, you could ask them what they think about it. They would definitely understand her snoring problem, and could tell her to see a doctor.
>>
>>16747619
tried, doesn't really help.
>>16747623
i hole you punished that whore.
>>16747628
i already recorded it and showed it to her, but that doesn't really reflect the magnitude of the problem. i don't really know her family, she's a foreigner and has lived here for 5 years, her family lives 800km abroad...
>>
>>16747650
*hope
>>
>>16747650
Then get up in the middle of the night and sleep somewhere else. When she one day notices then tell her to start working with you or deal with it
>>
Is she self conscious? Mine stops snoring when I laugh at her snoring.

Though I don't do it on purpose. She has a hard time sleeping so it is kind of a nice sound...
>>
>>16747660
did you read the OP? i leave the bed all the time and it makes her mad.
>>16747663
no, she sleeps very tight. impossibru to wake her up or make her stop snoring.
>>
>>16747669
Yes I did and you need to continue to do it. Try having sex before sleep it might do the trick too.
>>
>>16747669
>>16747650
>>16747605

Believe it or not, this is something that can make or break a relationship. Having your sleep and health being affected by snoring will eventually affect your emotional state. You can easily find stories about how snoring pretty much ended a relationship. Lack of sleep leads to tiredness, which can affect your work and your overall emotional health and mood.

You are already probably pissed off that she doesn't believe you and thinks that you are just being a pussy. That's just something that's going to add on.

If you already tried recording it and you already leave the room and it pisses her off, then your relationship is going to be doomed. This isn't a troll or anything. As your sleep deprivation builds up, you'll become a different person if she doesn't do something about it. You'll be more irritable and angry, and you will loathe her because she's the reason it's happening to you, yet she will not believe you or do anything about it.

In all seriousness, if she really can't take this problem seriously, you probably need to threaten a break up so that she understands just how serious the problem is for you.
>>
>>16747676
Another thing, when I spooned my gf so she was on her side, she stopped snoring.
>>
>>16747676
>Try having sex before sleep it might do the trick too.
i'm fucking her brains out, but after that she just falls asleep and starts... snoring.
>>
>>16747682
Leave the room. No matter what your relationship depends on you being rational and that depends on sleep.
>>
>>16747679
>Having your sleep and health being affected by snoring will eventually affect your emotional state. You can easily find stories about how snoring pretty much ended a relationship. Lack of sleep leads to tiredness, which can affect your work and your overall emotional health and mood.
this describes my situation down to a t.

>In all seriousness, if she really can't take this problem seriously, you probably need to threaten a break up so that she understands just how serious the problem is for you.

I don't want to threaten her with a break-up. I would think of it as emotional abuse if she did that to me, but I guess, as you put it so precisely, the more my sleep deprivation builds up the more different of a person I become...
I fear that this is really the only option left. She just has to let me sleep alone.
>>
>>16747679
also, thanks for this post. have another (You), my tripfagging friend.
>>
>>16747695
Hasn't accepted any advice given thus far.
>>
>>16747705
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>16747708
Enjoy snoring bro. Funny there is someone snoring righ next to me at this very moment.
>>
>>16747711
finger her (or him).
>>
>>16747716
That reminds me when she snored that was my queue for some sexy time so I asked her for permission one day. Every time she was snoring I was allowed to attempt Le finger fun time. This could hold you over for a bit.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x582px
Here. This should fix the problem provided you follow the instructions carefully.
>>
>>16747726
aw this is so cute I can't handle this omg
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.