[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me if this girl thinks I'm sexist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: 1328041828168.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1328041828168.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Can someone explain to me if this girl thinks I'm sexist or what?

>be at work
>one cute female co worker complements my height
>said i got good genes cause of my height
>said her family was full of short people that's why she's short
>then I told her "nahh it's okay girls shouldn't be so tall anyway"
>then suddenly she lost her words and becomes silent and just stares at me

wtf was that? was the reply i gave her wrong or misogynistic?
>>
>>16736335
Yes, it was. You know this already, why do you need us to tell you?
>>
>>16736339
what makes it sexist?
>>
Kinda weird for her to compliment your height but get upset when you say you prefer short women, especially if she's short herself.
>>
>>16736345
That's not what happened though. She complimented him, he made a comment about how women ought to be. Her height doesn't make what he said any less sexist.
>>
>>16736335
>making blanket statement about females
>using the word "should"

I ain't saying you wrong or bad, OP, but it did look bad to her. I'm sure you can change her impression of you eventually but for now you dun goofed.
>>
There's nothing inherently sexist about what you said, OP.
If she chose to take it there in her head, that's entirely on her. It's not a huge loss to you if this is the case, girls like that from experience are overbearing, needy and usually unstable.
>>
>>16736356
This is an incredibly huge leap from someone going silent and staring. For all we know she could have just run out of shit to say, or maybe she realized she forgot something.
>>
You just spilled the spaghetti. Not a big deal.
>>
>>16736380
Yeah, that is fair. It is kind of a vague situation to begin with.
>>
>>16736380
>>16736398
OP here
Not exactly silent and staring.

After I said that, she starred at me and made this sound, it's hard to explain, it's like soft moaning or or something like "awww", more like ngheee, then she remains silent.
>>
>>16736407
Well just don't think about it OP. Treat her no differently than you would another coworker. If you don't give a shit, she will most likely forget it, and if she brings it up, firmly apologize but don't let her make you dwell on it.
>>
Funny. This happened to me at work too. I had nothing more to say to the guy. He appeared to be flirting and didnotwant.jpg
>>
It was rude, regardless of whether or not it was sexist.

>girls shouldn't be so tall
Rude
>short girls are prettier
Flirty and nice
>>
>>16736423
If this is real, then fucking KEK!
>>
Wait, but why would it be offensive in any way? I mean, maybe not to the extent of women "should" be taller, but realistically speaking height isn't a big deal for women so I don't get what's rude or offensive about it
>>
>>16736577
Because it's like saying a man "shouldn't" be short. It's just inappropriate and weird to say, frankly speaking.
>>
>>16736341

You're saying that women "should be" something based entirely on your own sexual preferences. You like short girls therefore "all women should be short."

The proper way to word it would have been "That's ok, I like short girls better anyway" making it clear that it's your personal preference and not some weird hang up you have where you think all women should be one height.

It's a little sexist but it's also just dumbly worded.

tl;dr you stated your opinion as an accepted fact rather than making it clear that it's just your own tastes
>>
>>16736591
>>16736605
wait i just remembered, I didn't say "shouldn't be"
but instead I said "don't need to be to tall"

did that made any difference?
>>
>>16736407
>After I said that, she starred at me and made this sound, it's hard to explain, it's like soft moaning or or something like "awww", more like ngheee, then she remains silent.
She wants to fuck.
>>
Anyway do you guys think I should apologize to her?
>>
>>16736626
No. Just let it slide and act as if nothing happened.
>>
>>16736630
ok

can also pls respond to this >>16736613
>>
>>16736626
Hell no. Forget the whole thing. If she got even slightly offended by what you sais it's her loss.
>>
>>16736613

Nah it still means the same thing. You're saying that no woman needs to be tall as if women are a monolith that all need the same things in life. Like you've decided for them what they need.

I don't think you need to make some heartfelt apology but maybe in conversation you can subtly indicate that you're not some sexist dude who thinks all women are the same.
>>
>>16736626
You'd look like a bitch
>>
>>16736637
okay good idea
>>
>>16736633
>can also pls respond to this >>16736613
>>16736613
>wait i just remembered, I didn't say "shouldn't be"
>but instead I said "don't need to be to tall"
>did that made any difference?
Do you really need an answer? Seems to me that you already know it.

Just act with her the way you did before the 'incident' and stop overthinking things.

Also, disregard everyone that said you shouldn't make statements like that. They are either beta faggots or tumblrettes. Possibly both.
>>
>>16736613
That sounds a bit better honestly. They literally don't need to be tall, they can be short too. Don't know what this dude >>16736637 is going on about. They can't decide their height.
>>
>>16736648
>Do you really need an answer? Seems to me that you already know it.

That they both means the same?

okay. Actually after she went silent I tried to change the topic and asked her about something unrelated, and she seems to respond positively to it and answered my question. So I guess everthing's cool?
>>
>>16736637
>sexist dude who thinks all women are the same
They are. 99.9% of them.
>>
>>16736664
>So I guess everthing's cool?
Yes. Dude, she was hitting on you.
>OMG Anon, you're so tall
>You have really good genes
She's looking at you as the father of her children. She wants to make babies with you. Do you get it now? The only way for her to be more obvious is to grab your dick and balls and scream she wants to fuck.
>>
>>16736662
So relived to hear this.

It's just that her reaction >>16736407
I really can't tell what she was feeling.

It was almost like she's mimicking a child crying, like nghee, like those voice anime girls always make.
>>
>>16736675
Man, she was probably relieved that you didn't care about her height. Get her number.
>>
>>16736662

I'm not saying they decide their height lol. But saying "women don't need to be tall" insinuates that no woman has any need in her life to be tall, which is not true for many women, including any woman who has a shelf in her house or navigates the modern world. Being tall is useful to everybody lol.

"Women don't need to be tall" implies that they will just rely on men to do shit for them, which any self-sufficient woman would probably be caught off guard by.

>>16736675
Like I said before OP, it doesn't seem like she was terribly offended but it does sound like you caught her off guard with what you said. She might have an idea in her head now that you think about women a certain way, so you can either just play it off like it didn't happen and maybe she'll forget or just make it clear through conversation that that's not how you actually feel.
>>
>>16736667

>They are. 99.9% of them.
>says the sexist

I always wonder what kind of interaction (or lack thereof) some of you guys have had with women that you feel this way. Perhaps stop hanging out with shallow bitches?

Or leave your house and actually meet women rather than just reading memes about what they're like lol.
>>
"are you sure your whole family is short? it looks like you have some tall genes in you."
"no"
"do you want some?" *grab crotch for emphasis if necessary*
>>
>>16736623
She made anime girl sounds in response to situation. Can any one confirm if she is actually 2d girl and op is just quoting anime
>>
>>16736709
But they are the same. Go to a suburban neighbourhood and look inside the houses. Furniture may be different but the structures are the same.
>>
I doubt she thinks your some sort of chauvinistic pig, she more then likely thinks your weird.

As that was a very weird thing to say.
>>
>>16736704
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess you and I just have different opinions then. I really don't see anything wrong with "girls don't need to be tall." It's stupid to get worked up about stuff nobody controls. Op, if a girl gets really upset and breaks down a stupid, offhanded comment to the degree of this poster, maybe it's best to avoid her, but I really don't think that's the case here. Try talking to her again, don't bring it up.
>>
Run up to her next time you see her and do some damage control.

>Remember when I said women shouldn't be tall?
>Well I didn't mean we should round up all the tall women and gas then.
>And any tall baby girls born should have their skulls smash in with mallets.
>As that is crazy
>What I mean is that I find short girls cute.
>Fancy getting a coffee after work?
>>
>>16736739
>that was a very weird thing to say
no mate

>"I collect my fingernails and one day I'm going to build a helmet out of them"
is a weird thing to say

sure, OP shouldn't have expressed that his personal preferences are how things "should" be
but thats not really a weird thing to say, it's more of a self centred/badly worded thing to say
>>
>>16736755
It is weird.
>>
>>16736759
dubs don't lie
how is it weird?
>>
>>16736765
Because it makes OP sound dumb, and when people come out with dumb comments after a compliment its weird.

The girls reaction clearly show she also felt it was a weird thing for OP to say.
>>
>>16736335

Look at how much effort OP and the majority of anons in here are putting into a stupid bitch that can't hold a conversation. If she got offended, then she's stupid- people say things off the cuff and it's POINTLESS to be so easily hurt by your comment. If she didn't get offended, she's still stupid- who the fuck makes noises of discomfort during such a harmless exchange?

OP, this bitch sounds stupid either way, and you should just stop caring so much about her pointless reaction. Keep living your life in happiness.
>>
>>16736770
yeah but there's a difference between dumb and weird

sayings its weird would imply it's out of the norm, but everyone talks about their preferences

and its common knowledge that guys generally prefer girls shorter than them, and girls like tall guys
>>
>>16736794
Ah I see where the confusion is coming from, weird can also mean strange, odd, unsettling.

Op comment was strange and now she find him strange. Does that help?
>>
>>16736335

Yes, of course it was, it's a man saying how women should look. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>16736811
well I think the girl was being a bit sensitive, I wouldn't blink if a girl said
>"guys should be tall"
because its understood she's talking about her subjective opinion

she wouldn't say
>"my personal preferences lead me to be more attracted to taller guys"
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.