[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have wasted my entire life...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: post-6246-0-56373500-1419380570.jpg (642KB, 1285x1000px) Image search: [Google]
post-6246-0-56373500-1419380570.jpg
642KB, 1285x1000px
...up until now on videogames and anime/manga. I'm 20 now, fairly successful at Uni (thankfully, not a complete NEET) and this is depressing as fuck. I spent my teenage years reading about romance and traveling instead of actually experiencing it, whenever I read manga and it's about teenage romance I literally start crying because I neglected that part of my life and it's too late now.
I've started to learn an instrument but I'm terrible compared to other people around my age because they obviously have been playing since their teens! Why did I do this to myself and what can I do to replace that lost time?
>>
no you have not stop worrying
>>
>>16731769
Why focus on the past when you can only change your future?
Change your future by focusing on the present.
If your future is bright, the past won't look so dim.
>>
>>16731781
Teenage romance, not worrying about a thing in life except for the next exam you're going to take next week, all of that is gone forever.
>>16731786
Because even if I make the best of my life in the future, it'll never be the same as teenage romance or that time in my life that I neglected completely. It's something that I'll never get back.
>>
>>16731794
>It's something that I'll never get back.

Exactly, so stop focusing on it.
>>
So tired of this fucking teenage romance meme
>>
>>16731808
But that's depressing, and really shitty. I don't want an adult relationship, I want teenage romance and I want those X years of experience playing an instrument.
>>16731811
I know that it's not 100% like in Manga, but it has to exist at some level.
>>
>>16731769
You have very high expectations of teenage romance. It isn't like the books. You didn't miss anything you can't have now.
>>
>>16731822
You're 20 years old. Start going out and getting girls now, or be a 30 year old with the same problem.
You cannot change your past, you only control your present.
>>
>>16731823
What's different? I just want Beck or Sundome to be my life for a few years...
>>16731827
All I known is games, anime and manga + studying. My only option would he to find people through music/playing an instrument but I'm pathetically bad at it because I haven't been playing for 8 years like so many people my age.
>>
>>16731794
>I missed the boat halp I'm drowning!! 1
Nigga plz. Did your head explode from your oh-so-dreadful despair?? No.

You know what needs to be done. Put away your nip shit and find something to do that'll get you out of your shell.
We've all been there: for me, it was ttrpg's, which I ended up finding unappealing, but connected with some interesting people along the way. Focus more on building a life that a potential partner would want to be a part of, instead of diving headfirst into finding a magical uniform gf/bf that'll make your lovey-dovey dreams come true.
>>
>>16731864
So, continue playing the instrument and become a respectable adult? That's basically what I'm doing but I've still missed an experience that I'll never get back in my life.
>>
>>16731882
It's like you don't understand that whining won't change that.
>>
>>16731887
I get that, but it still sucks. How close can you get to an anime-style teenage romance as an adult? That's literally all I want.
>>
>>16731769
hey OP i'm in the same boat but 24. 4 years older, and just learning an instrument myself. don't beat yourself up over this stuff. consider yourself 4 years ahead of me, just as you may be 2 years behind someone else or i may be 6. you aren't me, or them. you're you, and you can't let what other people are doing or have done get to you. everyone has their own personality because they are who they are. you just have to appreciate who you are, and who you are is by no means your actions. so don't sweat this kind of stuff. just use it as a lesson so by the time you're my age you aren't wasting time anymore
>>
>>16731903
if you're not a loser who hits 20 or 30 and says can't be myself anymore, you know that true kid spirit that is you, then you can have that teenage romance as a 20 year old or 30 year old. and 30 isn't a cap. and by loser, i meant someone who gives up their personality from youth to conform to the soulless bullshit society. someone who tells themselves yeah, i'm happy working behind a desk or sweeping and stocking my whole life. if you haven't lost that youthful compassion in you, then that teenage romance can be your experience throughout your whole life. really, age in itself doesn't change people. those who think getting older means losing great qualities that can apply to love really don't know what they're thinking
>>
>>16731931
>>16731962
I suppose that's true, I'll have to try and accept that my manga teen romance and music career are not going to happ and just make the best of the situation and myself right now.
>>
Go to an anime convention. You'll be getting out into the world, doing something you enjoy, and you'll be around other people that you know will have similar interests.
>>
Do anything productive, replace reading manga or watching anime with say, drawing, or recording a track. Take it day by day.
>>
>>16731822
Waaaa waaaaa

Fucking millenials, why don't you file for disabilities because you can't get over the fact you are growing up. Holy shit your doing good at school you and your future is bright.

Shut up for fuck sakes.
>>
>>16732628
But I'm not a millenial, I was 5 around the year 2000.
>>
OP, keep this attitude up and you'll probably an hero yourself when you're 30. Stop e-stalking those high school / middle school girls and do work. You know, motherfucker
>>
>>16732640
Regardless if you are or not

Shut the fuck up. Quit living in the fucking past. And quit romanticizing the past. Holy fuck get over it.

It's part of growing up and you really just have to get over it.

Do you not realize litteraly right now at this very moment you have a very good chance to live a decent future ?

Or not and just get crippled with regret and then turn into a NEET.

Doesn't really matter to me.
>>
>>16732650
>Or not and just get crippled with regret and then turn into a NEET.
But Uni is going pretty damn well. I doubt that I'll turn NEET, I'll just be miserable and wish I was anime.
>>16732649
I'm not stalking any young girls, but that could turn into an issue if it ever happens.
>>
>>16731769

Anime\Manga create unrealistic expectations around completely ordinary shit. It's both a plot device and a feature to be sold.

Not a single one of my friends from highschool still dates the same people they did back at graduation. Most of them don't even participate on our social media groups.

Music is not a career, also. It's an adventure at best, and anybody who says otherwise is batshit. Beck and Tari Tari were cute to watch, but it's entertainment and just that.

You're upset because your life doesn't measure up to a standard that was not meant to be achieved.
>>
Hey OP,
First, good for you that you want more for your life! Realizing that at such a young age is not common. Most people wait until they are much older and have mid-life crises.

Now, you can't change the past, so focus on the present. What can you do now to help you towards your goals? Maybe socialize more, join some clubs, go to some parties? You are still really young, and you are at school, so there are tons of opportunities.

Also, stop comparing yourself to others. Save some money, go buy the instrument you would like to play, and start practicing. I'm 27 and only started learning the guitar about 7 months ago. I suck, and learn slow, but I'm so glad I just started.

Trust me, dude. It's never to late to do something you want and it doesn't matter what the rest of the word is doing. Good luck! I only wish I had your self-awareness at age 20! Unfortunately, I was still figuring things out for a few more years.
>>
You cant do anything to replace lost time, but you can focus on what you care about now. Best time to plant a tree is twemty years ago, second best time is now.

There are millions of people in the same position as you except they're in their thirties and fourties. As long as you start on whatever you care about now, you'll look back in a year and be amazed at how far you have come. I'm speaking from personal experience.
>>
>>16731769
>"I wasted my teens by not dating/traveling"
>"Im going to continue to waste my 20s by not dating or traveling because I'd rather cry like a little bitch"
enjoy reaching your 30s and crying again about how you wasted your 20s
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.