Today my 17 year old daughter came home from school and she brought her friend home we were sitting and the table eating and when we finished my daughter re-introduced her friend as her girlfriend.i have nothing against same sex relationships and i will always love and support her but this has really shocked and it keeps eating away at me. Does anyone know any ways to help come to terms with it?
Gay or not, the future is the future. It doesn't even exist yet. What about this makes you nervous about her future?Don't stress so much. She's the exact same daughter, she just fucks girls.
He should be nervous- life for men is hard. It's full of work, and it's pretty brutal- the weak are stomped on, the strong take everything and live like kings.
If she's a lesbian, she's essentially a man, but without the iron will that men have.
She's essentially a "beta male" to use internet memes
That's a really shitty life
Be happy a man isn't fucking her, or multiple men simultaneously, for that matter.
I doubt the OP is real, as nearly every guy I know with a daughter has voiced a desire for this outcome.
is it really because she is a lesbian or is it because she found a relationship? i don' know about you because i dont have kids but I would imagine it would eat away at me if my baby girl found a partner no matter what the sex
Women have it easy because they can marry a man- lesbians can't do that, so they're just men that aren't as strong or as smart as men.
The way this shit works is 10% of men live like kings, because we're smarter, stronger, better than other men, and the other 90% work at call centers or burger king, get laid once a month, have shit lives.
If you're a woman, you have the option to just marry one of those 1/10 men- ez mode.
You need to grind it out and try to place in that 10%- good luck. Men in that 10% are there because they have an iron will, and are fast thinkers- they're better than 90% of other men, nevermind women.
99.99999% of women get tired and angsty if they have to work a 90 hour week- they won't ever make that top echelon of humanity.
90% of men get tired and angsty if they have to work 90 hours- also won't make it.
If you're a woman, and you want to work, it's a man's world, you BETTER be better than 90% of men, or you will live like 90% of men do- like serfs
man this is a load of crap
first off, women have it easy not because they can marry a man but because they have inherent value TO men. Thus, women receive attention and gifts and promotions and etc etc for being attractive. This is not reliant on marriage at all and lesbians still retain this advantage (if they are attractive). And if only 10% of men are advantageous to marry, who do the rest of the 90% of women marry? Your worldview is self-refuting.
Second, your bullshit about the "10%" of men is laughable delusion. I'm not interested in popping your bubble here, exactly, but suffice it to say that your point here relies on the idea that women are naturally 'locked out' of this ability to be successful, which is observably false. Women can and do make it just fine.
sure. whatever you say.
get yourself a glass of water anon; dehydration can make you stupid.
You- never get laid. If you do, 5/10 girls, fat girls, that shit. Work at burger king. Life is tough because you're too lazy to just go out there and work.
Me- makes tons of money. Sleeps with tons of beautiful women. because I have the work ethic to have built a life like this for myself-
90%+ of men, and 100% of women don't, because they can't work 18 hours, go to sleep for 6, then work another 18.
And because you guys weren't willing to do all that nasty, hard, icky work, you don't get to choke 9/10s while they call you daddy and cumbeg.
>who do the rest of the 90% of women marry?
Losers, because they aren't tall and leggy and pretty with hourglass figures, so they marry loser men with a 30 year morgage on their $200,000 shit heap and drive camrys and they eat shit, live like shit,
But the girls that are pretty enough can find guys like me, either to marry, or if we're not intrested, to fuck in return for the occasional purse or designer shoes
Not only that, but his view of 'making it' is apparently living in a house you'd see on MTV's Cribs or something, but 'making it' to the average person is living in a decent neighborhood in a house with enough bedrooms for their family, which is very respectable and achievable to pretty much anyone that wants to put in the obligatory time and effort.
funniest shit I have read, my man. Thanks for taking the time out of your 90 hour week to post on 4chan from your yacht and bring me entertainment. Must have been hard to tear yourself away from that hot tub full of sexy groupies.
>implying hot chicks only care about money
>implying hard work carries you anywhere in the absence of luck
>using empty gift-for-sex relationships as a symbol of "making it"
I mean the fact alone that you have to work 90 hours a week means you're not the elite "10%". Work is for suckers who want to drain their lives away instead of enjoying it, and nobody with means does that unless they have an independent interest in it. I assume at least you're in business for yourself and take home all your own profits, right? Nobody above you, skimming off the top of the work you do? That's the only way to go my friend.
That is great news! The worst thing a young women to can is get involved with young men, so your daughter is way more likely to stay safe and un-pregnant.
You seem to be very confused about what epoch we're living in. It's no longer the stone age, life isn't constant violent struggle. The skills required to survive in modern society have almost nothing to do with physical strength. Life is perfectly fine for lesbians, all the better since they don't have to trifle with men.
I mean. it's an advice board.
My advice is worth it's weight in gold, and at the end of the day, it's work harder than 90% of guys, and you will live better than 90% of guys.
So I suggest you guys listen.
You have to decide how bad you want it- when you start doing REAL work, you'll still be poor, still be fucking 5/10s, you need to wait a long time for it pay off-
Those with weak wills get discouraged and stop, those that make it keep going.
Life is like pounding at a brick wall with a tiny hammer- you need to break that wall, if you don't, fat girls and shitty living.
I make a lot of money but work maybe 50 hours a week at most. Being pretty good at a high-value job means you can live a reasonable life if you want to. If you're working 18 hours a day you're missing the best parts of life and I honestly pity you for having missed the point so hard.
>implying I don't run my own law firm
it's not hard work, it's a combination of hard work, social contacts, pre-existing access to opportunity, and lots and lots of luck. Pretending like all you gotta do is work hard is the exact kind of story told by the already-wealthy to exploit the poor into working hard to make the bosses' more money.
Fuck that, I work at the pace I want to, for myself and nobody else.
Sort of bullshit, sort of not.
It's hard work, putting in the hard work to meet those right people, putting in the hard work to to find those opertunities.
Life is a matter of being in the right place at the right time- you need to be smart enough to figure out the right place and at the right time, then put yourself there, find everyone else there, and make them look like shit with how hard you work
Who wants to live reasonablly? I get one life, I WONT spend it living reasonablly, I'll spend it banging swimsuit models and eating caviar
Work for myself. Everyone that works for themselves used to work for someone else.
You meet the right people, you cosy up to the right clients, then you start working for yourself 40 hours a week when you get home from your 50 hour a week job.
This is such a dad view on life
I don't want any of that stuff
I'd want to live in a tiny one room apartment alone whether I made $20k or $100k
That stuff is such a waste , if you can't be happy alone with nothing then you can't be happy with everyone with everything
well if you haven't had "the talk" with her yet you won't need to but.......the way she sprang this on you I think was for the shock factor. If she really, really was a lesbian she could have had a private discussion with her parents. She'll be banging guys at university and just be glad the twist of today is homosexuality and not fucking black dudes like it was a year ago.
You don't need to work 90 hours a week to have nice things for fuck beautiful women. Making lots of money has more to do with what you do with your time than how much of it you spend working. You're missing out on the best parts of life if you spend it all working. You're going to end up like this poor bastard: http://www.businessinsider.com/its-not-worth-it-linds-reddings-short-lesson-in-perspective-2012-11