[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the idea of "finding a job you enjoy" just a myth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: leaves.jpg (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
leaves.jpg
121KB, 500x500px
As my parents said, "Nobody goes to work because they enjoy it. They have to go to work though as they have bills to pay. How many people actually enjoy working at McDonalds? If they got to leave, they would all leave."
>>
i enjoy my job most of the time
>>
>>16723550
Smart people work at jobs they enjoy.
>>
>>16723550
I work for Woolworths in Australia, both at the Deli and as a Cashier.

I genuinely enjoy it. It's a good environment and the shifts aren't too long and my pay is 24$ an hour, under probation rates. Only problem is I'm not attached to the roster yet, so I only get a call once a week to come in and work shifts, but that should change soon.

It's all about your outlook, son. If you enjoy the people you work with, you enjoy your job. If you enjoy the people you serve/greet/help, you enjoy your job.

It's taken me some time to learn that.
>>
File: guard.jpg (43KB, 620x398px) Image search: [Google]
guard.jpg
43KB, 620x398px
I work as a security guard and I very much enjoy it. I know it's weird but I've always wanted to be one.

Think about what you'd enjoy doing and try to find a job according to that.
>>
>>16723553
>>16723554
>>16723563
>>16723571
Lol this is all bait, probably posted by the same troll with a different IP address. I mean, who the fuck enjoys going to work? If work was fun, people would go to work even if they weren't paid.
>>
Even if you work in a field you love you will still hate it because it's work. That's why you get paid, because its shit.
I got my dream job (vet tech) and now I hate it because I'm forced to deal with shit coworkers and shitty clients and get told to do stupid shit when I can do far more productive things and my boss is an ass.
I only enjoy caring for the animals, which sadly I rarely get to do anymore because I unfortunately am the most competent at managing sterile and isolation areas.
So basically even of you find a job you love, you will eventually hate it after about a year.
>>
>>16723579
Hey, a man has to eat.
>>
>>16723579
They probably haven't worked in the same job for a while is my guess.
I've loved every job up until a year then just feel pretty over it.
I read somewhere the excitement and thrill of a job wears off after a year.
>>
>>16723591
Well kind of true. But still, look at >>16723585
With shitty bosses, managers, and coworkers, it is very unlikely that work will stay enjoyable over time.
>>
>>16723595
Agree, plus the fact that you don't know about the workplace politics at the very start.
>>
>>16723608
Work place politics are the worst. I try so hard to stay out of it and never join in on bitching and keep it friendly and I somehow still get drug into it.
>>
>>16723585
I'm this jaded asshole, but I guess just be prepared to enjoy your job off the bat but after a year or so realise that you will be kinda bummed and over it.
Doing something you truly enjoy makes it less miserable and will feel less like work.
But there's a reason you get paid, if it were that great you wouldn't be paid.
Good luck op.
>>
>>16723613
This! Even if you were perfect, people would still call you shit!
>>16723624
Agree!
>>
The more you work, the more you begin to recognize the things you cannot tolerate. Then you'll be able to accept a mediocre job that FEELS pretty good compared to the others.

If you're a guy, work somewhere without a lot of women. I hate the fact that sexism is so natural to people but even the most egalitarian guys I know were happier when they switched from hormonal fast food to serious hard labor.
>>
Ohh boy. This guy again. I thought he had left, but... apparently his parents gave the computer back to him. Unfortunately.
>>
>>16723921
Yeah Im back. See? There are people who agree with me!
>>
>>16724000
And there are people who think you are a stupid little shit. You clearly have mental issues. Don't you get enough validation from your parents? Why do you have to seek it on a Vietnamese flower arrangement board?
>>
>>16724029
>there are people who think you are a stupid little shit
Nobody except you said it in this thread.
I want to post this, so why not? I dont get why anyway will pursue their passions as careers as every job will become shit with workplace politics, shitty management, stress, etc. Don't you agree?
>>
>>16724032
What do you know about jobs and careers anyway? You're a kid in school.
>>
>>16724032
>every job will become shit
Except that's not true. If you were older than 15, you'd know.
>>
>>16724045
>>16724046
I am in uni. I did retail once and it was shit.
>>
>>16723599
>With shitty bosses, managers, and coworkers

And you're a saint? Maybe if your attitude were better you get hired at a nicer company
>>
>>16724074
>I worked at a shitty job once
>therefore all jobs are shit
>>
>>16724094
>>16724116
Most jobs and bosses are shit. The concept of a dream job or something is juts pure bullshit.
>>
>>16724146
And who is more qualified to know about that? A mouthy kid who has worked one shitty retail job in his life? Or someone who is several years into his career and enjoys his job?
>>
I enjoy my job. It's a pretty good one too. However, would I still do it if I was given a livijg wage without having to work? Thats debatable.

Work can suck or work can be alright, but remember you can clock out at the end of your shift and do whatever you want.
>>
>>16724171
You might be a minor on 4chan lol. How can you prove you are an adult?
Also, my parents agree with me.
>>
>>16724208
I'm old enough to be your father, actually. I have a good job because I worked hard for it. I completed my studies, kept learning new skills, and became very desirable on the job market.
>>
>>16724238
What is your job? Kek you might be a troll.
And how can a kid know that he is not romanticising X job too much?
>>
>>16723817
>If you're a guy, work somewhere without a lot of women

Fucking this. I used to work in an office with about 40% females. It's so different - I'm an Army officer now and so much happier. I don't really know how to put it into words but in an office with a load of females you just can't be yourself, everything is so curt and cordial and inter-colleague relationships just so sterile and clinical (especially with the women). If you say anything even slightly "out of line" i.e. not the accepted rhetoric or the wrong type of humour then you are ostracised.
>>
>>16724293
I'm a programmer in the financial industry. I have a pretty relaxed, job, I get to create interesting stuff, and over the years I've been given more responsibility due to my skills (I lead a team now). It pays well too.
>>
My best friend is a wildlife cameraman. He spends about 8 months of the year in exotic locations filming animals. He's currently in the Antarctic filming penguins. He gets paid extremely well and loves his job.

So no, its not a myth.

I work in a warehouse driving a fork lift truck and spend every day wanting to hang myself. My friends success makes my shitty job even harder to tolerate.
>>
>>16724322
Kek debugging shit for hours must be fun.
>>16724328
Antarctica is so cold. I can't see how anyone will enjoy life there.
>>
You won't like a job unless it involves you doing something you would do for free.

Cleaning up after others is something I hate yet both my jobs revolve entirely around that and I am a miserable motherfucker oh my god when I'm not drunk I wanna die so bad.
>>
Well, I guess people get stuck in dead-end boring ass jobs, while still spewing this garbage, even to their children. Are you telling me it is impossible to be at your job and enjoy it? Pretty sure its just your parents lack of goals, lack of understanding of their interests, lack of ambition, etc. Should a job be 'fun' all of the time? Somebody who took on risk is paying you to provide value for their business? Can a job be fun? yeah, if you like the field you're in. Don't like it? Create your own opportunities and/or get out of the field you are in if you dont enjoy it?
>>
>>16724453
Not everyone has it that easy, you can't take risk like that when your married and have kids. If you're a single parent though you can because government bucks.
>>
>>16724388
>Antarctica is so cold. I can't see how anyone will enjoy life there.

Eh he's only there for 6 weeks. Spends most of his time in Africa and did 4 months in New Zealand last year.
>>
>>16724388
I would rather be in Antartica freezing my balls than in my shitty city freezing my balls with all the people I hate (coworkers, family and neighbours)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.