[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to the big city from a tiny rural village? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (120KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 620x465px
How do I move to the big city from a tiny rural village? There's no way it really costs 1500 a month for an apartment and you need 75k a year just to live
>>
>>16717332
In reality it's probably more like $60k just to live, but it'll be shit quality of life. The $1500 is better when you have roommates.
>>
>>16717337
What if you just want to take the bus every day and get a bunch of roommates in a lower priced neighborhood?
>>
>>16717332

House share/apartment share. Only rich kids coasting on daddy's credit card can afford to live alone.

For most other people, even if their on a profitable career path, you cant afford to live alone when you're young. Not in 2016
>>
>>16717356

What is your living situation?
>>
Is it the same person making this thread every day?
>>
>>16717332
I'm in a semi popular city and it cost $700/m for 1 br apartment. Although its in a fairly lower-medium area of the city, its a gated apartment so things like car theft/vandalism isn't much of an issue.
>>
>>16717332
Move to central Europe, you can live in amazing cities here for $250 monthly rent. If you've got bar-tending experience you can find a live-in bartender job for decent pay+free room + some amount of free food and drink.
>>
>>16717332

Move to a suburb. I'm a half hour from LA and my mortage on my 3000 sqft house is $1352.

I can understand if you grew up in some armpit of America and you want to experience actually living in the city though.
>>
>>16717380
What the fuck why isn't America like this
>>
>>16717332

You get a job in the big city then you move there, it's fucking simple

And like this guy - >>16717356 - said, you get a houseshare / flatshare.

I've lived in four different cities in house/flat shares of some sort. The first one was for my gap year, then I went to university up north, then I moved to university in London. Then after university I got a job that required me to move to Ipswich, then that job moved down to London so I moved there. And yeah in each place I lived with different people. I've lived in too many places to count by now.

Flat/houseshares suck in some ways. You will always be at odds with your flatmates over SOMETHING. The trick is just to deal with it as best you can. If someone is pissing you off with something (not cleaning or something like that) just say it.

Most full time jobs should give you the salary to afford rent and basic living expenses, even if the job is minimum wage (at least that's the case in the UK, I think the US minimum wage is lower isn't it so I don't know about over there).
>>
>>16717388
Holy shit only 1300? Like two story with a garage and shit?
>>
>>16717389
Because it's bad for the rich people in our country. The same reason we had the cold war but no WW3.
>>
>>16717366

Live in one of the most expensive cities in the UK
Not supported by parents while at University

I work about 24-30 hours a week to support myself in retail

Lifes fun, I enjoy it. Jealous of people that get everything paid for, then work 20 hours a week and have fucktons of spending money, but hey.You gotta play the cards you're dealt
>>
>>16717400
>You gotta play the cards you're dealt

If you vote for Bernie you can play with everyone else's cards too

Too bad you aren't in a free nation
>>
>>16717398
What? Doesn't Europe have Monaco
>>
>>16717392

Yeah

People hate commuting in California due to the shitty freeway system and traffic laws so the housing market in the suburbs is still sort of in the toilet, especially the ones north of LA. I got the place for $218k in 2012 and similar homes are around $280k currently, renters still get raped in the butthole though because fuck renters.
>>
>>16717400
Fellow Britfag here, do you mean you're at uni at the moment? I was able to support myself on just the student loan really, but I did get a job in second year for more money. Worked at Starbucks. Best job I ever had.
>Jealous of people that get everything paid for
Yup, I hate those middle-class cunts too.
>>
>>16717420
I really hope I can find at least a small amount of success there. Sounds like it's actually doable if your smart enough to realize a junk life in la is better than owning mansions and yachts in Idaho
>>
>>16717391

US minimum wage is lower but all their expenses are lower too. Everything's god damn cheap in murrica compared to the UK

Depending on the job it might even out

Absolute bottom of the barrel minimum wage: Maybe not. America's such a vast and differing place it really depends on the exact city, and which part of the city, and which job you get.

The best be is probably to work in your small town, save up as much as you can, then move to an affordable new place in the city, and look for a job pronto and hope you get one before your savings run out.

Then self support and maintain your lifestyle on your earnings
>>
>>16717332
I got a housing listing in the mail today. Small single story houses were listing for $500k-700k. There was one shitty and older two story house on the listing for over a million. Bay area, CA, it sucks.
>>
File: ritsu trump america great again.png (197KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
ritsu trump america great again.png
197KB, 421x427px
>>16717407
Too bad everyone else's cards will look exactly the same.
>>
>>16717431

>a junk life in la is better than owning mansions and yachts in Idaho

I don't agree with that, but I grew up out here so I am pretty sick of all the pretentious faggotry that comes up from LA.

Another issue that has arisen lately is that developers have been buying houses out here and setting up rental management companies. A lot of poor people have been moving out here lately and renting like eight people to a house, and of course with poor people comes all the gang and general ghetto shit. The city council meetings are sometimes purely about hearing people complaining about it.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (85KB, 479x461px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
85KB, 479x461px
>>16717447
Soon inshallah
>>
>>16717447

That is a good thing if you're not stupid like the majority of people. If you're dumb you stay poor and the smart people get ahead, that is really how America works already though.
>>
File: BREAKFAST.gif (2MB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
BREAKFAST.gif
2MB, 320x362px
>>16717422

Yeah bro Im at Uni. Brighton.

>I was able to support myself on just the student loan really

I get a shitty student loan. The equivalent of what those middle class cunts get
£1200 a term.

Rent + utility bills (Before food and travel costs) is roughly £2000 a term. So I cant survive on just my student loan

My mum's a lottery winner, but doesn't give me anything. And my dad's a crook, so refuses to have his earnings assessed for my loan. So unfortunately I am not entitled to a bigger loan

Sucks, but like I said, I make it work with a job (Asda wooooooo)

Gives me enough money to live, have a social life, buy new clothes occasionally and support my crippling tri-yearly tattoo application addiction
>>
>>16717431
>>16717453
I wouldn't agree with your statement either. I grew up in Bay Area and am familiar with LA. My goal right now after college is to either find a decent career path in the midwest or stay here working in the silicon valley and then move out to the midwest.

They say the grass is always greener, but I've been here my whole life and I'm tired of the traffic, high costs, and most of all the crowding.
>>
>>16717453
>Another issue that has arisen lately is that developers have been buying houses out here and setting up rental management companies. A lot of poor people have been moving out here lately and renting like eight people to a house, and of course with poor people comes all the gang and general ghetto shit. The city council meetings are sometimes purely about hearing people complaining about it.

Can confirm this, there's a few houses on my block here with like 6-8 people living in them. Some are obnoxious ghetto mexicans, most are just poor min wage people, but it just makes the entire neighborhood crowded with cars. There's never any street parking anymore when there used to be plenty a few years ago
>>
>>16717475

>There's never any street parking anymore when there used to be plenty a few years ago

Everyone has garages here but I hear you.

The house next to me has six adults in it and there are seven shitty cars in front of it all leaking fluids all over the street. The house is 3400 sqft and ghetto people like that rent until the day they die so I don't see them ever leaving.

So yeah, that is probably the big issue with living in the suburbs. One minor issue is that you have to be either in health care or some type of engineer to find a job or else you're commuting into the city and dealing with a bullshit 12 hour day.
>>
>>16717332
>There's no way it really costs 1500 a month for an apartment and you need 75k a year just to live
yes, there is. and yes, it does.
>How do I move to the big city from a tiny rural village?
trade houses with me. enjoy the niggers, and ill enjoy the peace, quiet, and civility
>>
>>16717375
Yes poor guy
>>
>>16717537
Bull shit son 75k for bare minimum my ass that's for like owning houses and shit
>>
>>16717548

I usually just ignore when someone says something stupid. They're probably just some kid with no concept of the value of money who wants to try and see if they can play grown up in a thread.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.