[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

break up with overly attached bf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/. I've been dating this guy for about 8 months, and things are going ehh. He's gotten super over protective. If I even talk to another person he takes my phone and demands to read it. He doesn't let me hang out with groups of people without him, and guilt trips me into feeling bad for him when he's the one who isolates himself.
So my question is, should I break up with him or put up with it until he has more trust?

Also, if we should break up, what's the best possible way you can imagine a girl breaking up with you?
>>
>>16713817

break up with him he deserves a lot better

>what's the best possible way you can imagine a girl breaking up with you?

No drama just leave
>>
>>16713817

wait it out. how could that possibly go wrong? i mean its only your life, why spend it with someone who actually respects you?

no brainer op, you'll never do better than this guy. maybe you should get a leash and let him walk you too.
>>
>>16713817
Break up with him. He won't trust you more. He'll just find excuses to become more and more a clingy and controlling idiot.

Tell him the truth, leave him and never talk to him again. It will hurt a lot for a while and then he'll be fine.
>>
>>16713817
The easiest way is to just tell it like it is, just tell him the way he went wrong and what he can do to fix it in future relationships. What he can do to fix himself, then just drop out, no drama. Just cut it out, no social media games, no passive aggressive anything. Be real with him, do your best to help him, then leave
>>
>>16713903

>put him down and then crush him and leave him

lol women

He doesn't need to change anything about himself he just needs to change who he is looking for.

He needs to find a little girl that will feel cared for and loved when daddy tells her what to do.
>>
>>16713817
Just show us your tits so we see what that faggot is missing out on, also be blunt tell him its over have a friend there with you and do it in a semi public place so you have a chance if he freaks out and kills you
>>
>>16713817
Just dump him before you get abused, now post those nips plox
>>
Well if you want to go dirty, suck his friends dick and let him cum on ya face, send pic to current BF. That should make it clear you guys are over, although he might go balastic
>>
>>16713909
Feeding into his insecurity doesn't help him, finding someone worse than him doesn't help the little needy Manlet he is. The guy needs to man up and learn to be his own person, not so fucking dependent on everyone else
>>
>>16713817
The fact you are attracted to this type of guy means you were prob diddled and raped, you better change your self and get therapist or hes the best man you will ever get, also are you actualy a girl? Or do you have a penis and claim to be gril
>>
>>16713910
>>16713915

This, post those tits
>>
>>16713817
Maybe he is the best you will get, let him abuse you and not trust you, I think deep down you love it
>>
>>16713942
>>16713929

What's wrong with you guys? This isn't abuse.

he cares about her, a lot. He loves her.

That was his mistake
>>
No matter how you break up with him, he's not gonna like it. Just make sure to leave no room for bargaining. Like, "I am leaving you because this relationship doesn't make me happy because you are too controlling and don't trust me". And if he asks you anything else, just say no.
>>
>>16713817
>overly attached bf
This is not overly attached. This is controlling, to the point of abuse. Leave him. Now.

>what'a the best possible way you can imagine a girl breaking up with you?
Burn his love letters. Send him the ashes.

I'm not joking. I know you don't want to hurt him, and that's admirable, but people like this need some trauma in their lives. Not "deserve", though some arguably deserve it, but "need": it's the only way to get the measage through. He has to change, and he will not do so until his ego is in tatters, and right now, you are the only person capable of doing that.
>>
>>16713954
Please be joking or trolling. I just can't believe people are dumb enough to think that this is justifiable behavior for a boyfriend.
>>
>>16714719

it's not the right behavior.

It's fucking terrible.

he's invested himself so much in her, he sees her getting old with her, taking care of her forever,

The reason he doesn't trust her is because he knows she is ready for a new dick, and that would break his heart, so he tries to keep her away from dicks as hard as he can, but he still can't win, because she's gonna leave him and ride some
>>
>>16713817

My gut instinct is that he is deranged.

However... what brought all this on? Was he always like this and it's just been getting worse? Or does he have cause to distrust you?

Taken at face value, you should get the hell away from him, and your "best way to break up" with him would be serving him with a restraining order.

Unless there's more to the story.
>>
>>16713817
>>best possible way you can imagine a girl breaking up with you.

a breakup blow job
A Break up 3 some with your hottest girl friend
And Break up pancakes
>>
He is not "over protective," but possessive. It is a selfish and base behavior. If you wait "until he has more trust", the day will never come, any more than a wife beater can say "I'm sorry honey, I need you, I love you" or anything else, but still ends up beating his wife.
>>
>>16713825
>he deserves a lot better
Yeah, a doll or a similar will-less object.
>>
>>16714724
>he's invested himself so much in her, he sees her getting old with her, taking care of her forever,
This may very well be how he sees it, but he appears to be unwilling to put in the wprk to maintain those feelings on the other side, not to build the necessary trust. That has doomed the relationship. It might almost called sad, if he hadn't taken this inexcusable turn.
>>
>>16713817
He's not overly attached or protective, he's controlling and needy.

Get the fuck outta there.
>>
>>16713817
da ich auch mal so war, gebe ich dir den tipp verlass ihn !! leave him
>>
Tell him that his behavior bothers you, and that you can't be with somebody who treats you like a possession.

Dating isn't ownership, it's a partnership.

If he can't trust you around other men, then it means he's insecure because he knows he's not good enough for you. If he can't get over his insecurity, he's basically stating to you that he isn't worthy of your attention.

Tell him how you feel. If he refuses to change, leave. Second chances are okay sometimes, but you'll know when it's just not meant to be.

Good luck
>>
If you are girl don't you ever ask for an advice on 4chan. These guys are sad, miserable faggots who has never had anyone and think every single girl is stupid because she doesn't want to date them.

For this case, the guy is pretty much overprotective as you said. You could try talking with him about it but he will probably go full : I just love you and don't want you to leave me! ... Well, that's really nice buuuut... Yeah.. You need your space, he needs his space. He doesn't trust you at all and he doesn't even consider it wrong.
>>
>>16713817
break up with him. things will get worse.

i had a girlfriend like this and i put up with it for way too long. you're going to end up resenting one another.

he doesn't trust you, and stifling your social life to make him feel better is a shitty thing to ask of you.

tell him it's not working for you, you value having a social life, and you want to break up so you can be alone and maybe date someone else in the future.
>>
>>16713817
>Also, if we should break up, what's the best possible way you can imagine a girl breaking up with you?

Tell him exactly what it was that you didn't like. Answer any and all follow up questions. Then cut ties.
>>
>>16715918
>he doesn't trust you, and stifling your social life to make him feel better is a shitty thing to ask of you.

/thread
>>
Dump him as fast as you can.
Guys tend to do that when they feel threatened and want to regain some control of the situation. He's just a beta faggot that doesn't trust his manliness enough to actually trust his girl and pull her back with his own confidence and atractiveness.
If you allow that kind of behaviour then he'll continue his insecure trip and will stop bothering about what's wrong with him.
Guys without a life of their own tend to be posessive about their relationships because they havn't got anything else to think about it. Their life is shit and they think yours should be as well.
Been there, unfortunately...
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.