[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /adv/, I'm looking for a well paying career that I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: hoGzbAl.jpg (149KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
hoGzbAl.jpg
149KB, 960x1280px
sup /adv/, I'm looking for a well paying career that I can do, or learn to do on my own, that doesn't require me to leave my home. So far, I'm only interested in creative writing, coding, and drawing. I'm an amateur at all 3 but willing to give one of them my compete effort towards improving. I'm in no rush, parents say I can stay home as long as I need to. Are there any other jobs I should be considering besides these 3? Any easy recommended careers for someone who likes to stay home? Just need enough to pay for a comfy apartment with plenty of food and good internet. Also, rate?
>>
>>16713471

>also rate

no
>>
There is an overload of incompetent self-taught "coders" out there. You won't have much of a chance if you don't have something like a degree to back it up. Why not go to uni and get an education?
>>
>>16713481

because its a troll thread
>>
>>16713471
>settling for the bare minimum
>thinking financial sustainability comes easy
>wanting the easiest path in life

Grow a pair and get some ambition.
>>
>>16713481
I went to college for engineering but it turns out I was a lot worse at math then I thought I was. That plus some personal problems, led to a year of beyond awful grades and skipped classes. I'm not sure if I can get financial aid to take up another class somewhere, if I can't, then I probably won't be able to afford it.
>>
>>16713471
Become a prostitute. Plenty of money to be made. Easy work too, just offer your ass and lay still.
>>
>>16713506
Forty keks

>>16713496
Ambition for what? I'm not that materialistic of a person, also financial sustainability should be easy if all I'm asking for is a stay at home job enough to pay for a small apartment, food, and internet.
>>
>>16713471

You can do pretty much whatever so long as you're willing to take it seriously enough. Your life will suck extremely hard if you just hole up in your apartment forever, though. By trying to avoid the small pain of other people you'll enter the hell of isolation.
>>
>>16713471
Give that dream up, kid. Everybody wants to stay home. Either go into business for yourself and learn to be social (otherwise you're never going to make money) or go find a good 12-14 dollar and hour factory position and work your 8 hours and watch anime when you're off the other 8.

This isn't a fantasy land
>>
>>16713517
Where do you live? Do you plan on owing an automobile? Do you want a cellphone? Cable television?
>>
>>16713517

It's a lot harder to life a totally comfortable and secure life than you probably think it is, given you collapsed entirely at the first sign of trouble. Stop trying to find the easy way out of everything and go do something meaningful.

Your face looks fine, but your complete lack of drive for anything beyond maintain your basal metabolic rate will turn off women in a hurry. No one wants to be with someone who has no drive or passion for anything.
>>
>>16713534
>work 8 hours a day

I get the feeling OP will not to do that and would rather leach off this parents who are for some reason okay with it... I'm beginning to think OP has terrible parents. A good parent should have raised their kid to want to be successful...
>>
>>16713549
No kidding.

My parents at a young age told me that if I wanted toys, if have to pay for half of them.

So at 10 years old I was cutting lawns or growing and selling tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, blueberries, and strawberries on the side of our street to get enough to buy my next vidya or console.
>>
>>16713528
>the hell of isolation.

I've been through this, it's temporal. I'm pretty comfortable with being alone and only having strangers online for friends now.

>>16713542
No, a bike would be more than enough when I need to get food, and I know people who can give me rides. Naw cable is a rip off, I can torrent everything. No cell phone needed, facebook, skype, email is all I need if I really need to get in contact with someone.

>>16713544
I didn't collapse at the first sign of trouble, I was forced into college but it turns out, I hate math. Living comfortably and exploring new art forms is meaningful enough for me. I'd just like the privacy and money to do that.

>>16713549
I've had 2 fast food jobs already, they are hell. Also, everyone has different ideas of success. It's why we have poor monks who are 10x happier than everyone here.
>>
>>16713569
>It's why we have poor monks who are 10x happier than everyone here.

If being a monk makes you so happy, why arent you a fucking monk?

Dumb, piece of shit
>>
>>16713567
I remember buying N64 games for myself with lawn mowing money back in the mid 90's. Felt great.

When I was 22 I was the manager at a fast food place and made $34K/year and my parents kept telling me it was a shitty job because it was fast food. Thank God I listened to them eventually and went back to school.
>>
File: 1438993279045.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1438993279045.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>16713598
>Doesn't know what an example is.
>Calls me a dumb piece of shit.

Where have I said being a monk would make me happy?
>>
>>16713569

I'm not sure you know what 'temporal' means. In any case, studies have shown that only face to face social interactions can relieve the stress of isolation. Social isolation is less healthy than healthy drinking and smoking. It's one of the most dangerous things you can subject yourself to.

Look, guy, I get it. I failed out of an engineering program my first time, too. The real world is big an scary and you're tiny and useless, but we don't give up. You've got one life, don't waste it on memes and other useless shit. Go find something you care about and make your time on this earth matter.

Having spent time in a monastery I assure you monks are rarely happy. They are some of the most fucked up people around, which is why they're hiding from real life in cold castles giving each other 20 hours worth of work every day to avoid the pain of being a human.

There's a parable of a man who sought to avoid all the stress of life and so moved into a cave in the wilderness alone only to be driven out of it because the sound of water dripping from the walls stressed him out so bad. You can't hide from stress, especially if you're denying yourself one of the most essential parts of living a low-stress life: real live humans to interact with.
>>
>>16713637
I assure you, that stress from isolation is temporary. I've lived alone for a year with one roommate and we barely spoke, I was happy just from reading, league of legends, and watching patrician films. Also the options I listed, Creative writing, Drawing, Coding, are things I like and am interested in, and they're mediums for doing something that can "make my time on this earth matter".

I'm not giving up, but what I crave for the absolute most is a comfortable way of living. I can worry about getting a girlfriend after if it really gets that lonely, I'm far from ugly thankfully.

Btw, what did you do after you failed out of engineering?
>>
>>16713657
He probably went back and tried again, and instead of playing vidya and drawing chibi Chinese cartoon females, he also probably studied a little bit in something that was equally as practical and more in line with his strengths.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.