[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I renounce my US citizenship to avoid taxes if I live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 8642264_t.jpg (12KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
8642264_t.jpg
12KB, 200x267px
Should I renounce my US citizenship to avoid taxes if I live in Europe and have no ambition to ever move back to the US?
>>
Will you ever have kids?
>>
>>16712163
Nope. Don't even plan to adopt.
Already assimilating.
>>
>>16712141
Citizenship has nothing to do with it. If any of your income comes from the US, they don't care if you're Martian, they're going to tax it.
>>
Why did you leave OP and to where? My life plan is to move to the US from the UK as soon as I can, I can't stand living here
>>
>>16712201
Which none of it does.
>>
>>16712202
Half of my family lives in the UK, so that may be where I move off to. Im in Germany ATM
>>
>>16712141
You were born there. Why shouldn't you pay taxes?
>>
>>16712203
you don't have to pay US income tax on any foreign earned income under $80k....seriously do some homework.
>>
>>16712239
*You do if the country has lower tax rate than the US.
*Furthermore, the first 90K made overseas is free, implying that under some treaties you pay after making more than that.
*To get a German citizenship, you have to renounce any other citizenship anyways (unless of course, you're born a duel citizen of Germany)
*Being a US citizen burdens you with ridiculous tax laws, and you could end up being fined for fucking up.
*It's really hard to open a foreign bank account
So did you just forget your homework, or did you not do it?
>>
>>16712141
You get full credit for any tax paid abroad, subtracted from your US tax bill.
>>
>>16712261
But why pay taxes somewhere I wont even get benefits like...At all?
>>
>>16712141
Short answer; yes.
>>
>>16712250
*You do if the country has lower tax rate than the US.
>no
*Furthermore, the first 90K made overseas is free, implying that under some treaties you pay after making more than that.
>not sure what you mean but yea ok...
*To get a German citizenship, you have to renounce any other citizenship anyways (unless of course, you're born a duel citizen of Germany)
>so now you want a german citizenship? you know you can't give up your american one for tax reasons...not a legitimate reason.
*Being a US citizen burdens you with ridiculous tax laws, and you could end up being fined for fucking up.
>no it's pretty easy
*It's really hard to open a foreign bank account
>also not really, but this wasn't the topic being discussed.

read this fugghead https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p54.pdf
>>
Have you got citizenship else where?
>>
>>16712272
>no
Yes.
>not sure what you mean but yea ok...
Oh really? Well if you read the document you linked, you would know. Linking documents you havent read isn't a good idea.
>so now you want a german citizenship? you know you can't give up your american one for tax reasons...not a legitimate reason.
Yes you can. It's not a good idea, and there are laws that bar you from entering the US if you renounced for taxation reasons. Wonder why people renounce for "high minded" reasons? Now you know.
>no it's pretty easy
The fact companies like H&R exist claim otherwise.
>>also not really, but this wasn't the topic being discussed.
It relates, and it can be pretty hard. Especially in Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, Luxembourg, and Lichtenstein.
>>
>>16712279
I'm assured a German citizenship after renouncing my US one.
>>
File: 8709349.gif (839KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
8709349.gif
839KB, 480x270px
>>16712239
Hey look, someone who clearly doesn't live abroad.
>>
>>16712282
Perfect, once you have a EU citizenship you can move and settle anywhere in the EU.

If you are old enough to make this decision and not regret it later in life then do it.
>>
>>16712285
That's what every other American I know says. I just wanna get as much advice as I can because this is pretty life changing.
>>
>>16712141
US really doesn't offer anything for the taxes you're paying. It wouldn't make sense for you not too.
>>
Depends what ethnicity you are really

hint: if its not European youre going to have a bad time in the next 5 years
>>
>>16712325
I'm white.
>>
>>16712337
Probs best to move to Eastern Europe then, its much safer, zero kebabs
>>
>>16712341
But they're all Slavs.
>>
>>16712349
Slavs are nice, certainly much better than the muslims youll enjoy in Germany
>>
>>16712284
but i do anon... in the fatherland too.

if OP has to renounce US citizenship to avoid taxes (meaning NOT able to use the exemptions), then they sure as well can afford to get better advice than from a japanese anime board.
>>
>>16712356
You get Slavic Muslims
>>
>>16712394
Yeah but pretty much all hachs are far away in Chechnya and other shit holes

V4 countries are top tier, like 0.1% koranimal
>>
>>16712341
Go back to /int/, Shlomo.
>>
>>16712438
Go back to the third world, Muhammed
>>
>>16712441
Edgy teenager who doesn't have a passport detected.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.