[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A guy I like (at my university) is totally off the grid. Nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (27KB, 275x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27KB, 275x184px
A guy I like (at my university) is totally off the grid. Nothing from google, no social media, nothing. Is this a red flag?
>>
This is a troll thread right?
>>
>>16711204
Its a green flag

Holy warriors live forever
>>
>>16711204
Probably. He might be interesting and have some genuinely neat hobbies and experiences, but most likely he's scared, edgy, jaded, and too-cool-for-everyone, making him absolutely alone
>>
Maybe, but all my social media accounts haven't been used for years or are rarely updated
>>
It means he keeps his cash in his safe at home.
It would only be if you were a credit whore.
>>
>>16711204
Does he have a common name? cause if he does he could just be hidden among the crowd
>>
>>16711204
He could be using a pseudonym for social media

I know I am using one, and all my shit is in private mode
>>
>>16711204
As someone who also doesn't participate i social media, I'd say it shouldn't matter at all. Maybe there is a specifc reason for why he doesn't use social media, but you're only going to find out if you get to know him a bit.

Personally, I don't have one simply because it doesn't interest me. I prefer talking to people face to face, and having a facebook really doesn't do me any good. I don't care about what 800 different people that I barely know had for breakfast that morning, or if their dog died, or if they don't like applesauce or whatever.
>>
>>16711204
i wish i was smart enough to never make a facebook. or to use a pseudonym or anonymous name for google and shit. this could be a sign of maturity, or a red flag. get to know him better
>>
>>16711204

He's ahead of his time. Everyone's going to abandon ship from Facebook and Twitter within the next five years. I think people are starting to realize that it's not a great idea to have a permanent record of your entire social life, offhand opinions, and personal information all being constantly sold to advertisers
>>
>>16711204
It's a sign he has foresight. I've been using the internet since the mid 90s and it's damn near impossible to find anything on me unless I want you to.

Why are you trying to run a background on him anyway? If you want to know something, ask. Surprisingly enough most women weren't raped, murdered, or stuck with a pedophile before the internet existed. They talked and learned about a guy the normal way.
>>
>>16711230
Feelsbadman
>>
I have only a Facebook account but use it only for reading related news to college and communicate with friends.

I have a lot going on in my life, but really don't bother to expose it to every person out there. Also don't judge people because they have no profile pictures. It could be possible that they are camera shy.
>>
File: 1403781062274.gif (842KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1403781062274.gif
842KB, 500x540px
>>16711268
Exactly this.
>>
Major red flag. To me it says "I only want you in my life" and that really creeps me out. A guy has to have his own thing going on socially, he can't just expect me to provide his only company.
>>
>>16712082
I agree. Shit sucks if you're their only source outside the world.

(I'm not a girl, but I've been there before. Everything you do is absorbed, leaving you exhausted.)
>>
I used to be on social media. When I was about 16 years old I got involved with a girl and we basically took over eachother's life. I'd do nothing but speak and spend time with her.
When we broke up all my social media was used for was for people I barely know to bug me and invite to parties and get drunk. I didn't like it at all. I wanted to distance myself from all that crap. When some guy ''pranked'' me by claiming he had uploaded pictures on my profile that gave me an excuse for deleting my profile.
Haven't use facebook or used my real name online ever since.
If you think this is a red flag then that's good, because my red flag is people who think like this. If you think it's a red flag, stay away. I don't want this shit.
>>
>>16712093
I'm not a girl either I just think this thread is interesting and wanted to keep it alive by posting something I thought would make a bunch of people reply angrily. I'm actually exactly like the person described in the OP and it sucks that what I just posted is true.
>>
>>16712082
>To me it says "I only want you in my life"
The fuck are you talking about? This guy isn't the one who wants her in her life, she's the one who says she likes him.
>That guy is really cute, I want to go out with him!
>Let me google his name and find information about him!
>WOW WHAT A CREEP!!! THE GUY I AM STALKING WANTS ONLY ME IN HIS LIFE!!
What the fuck?
>>
>>16712102
If a guy has no friends and no obvious desire to be sociable it's a huge red flag. How will he react to meeting my parents and friends? How will we ever have a social life if we get married? If you're content with just bumming around with one person for 40+ years then cool, but to me it's weird. Girls like guys who have their shit together, who are able to get by in society and appeal to people besides that just that girl. It might be fun for like a month but then what do you talk about if he doesn't do things socially? Your frame of reference as a couple only extends to each other.
>>
>>16712109
How do you know he has no friends and no desire to be sociable, you goddamn lunatic?
What do ''social sites'' have to do with social life?
You're a creep and a kook. You don't even know the guy and you're talking about marrying him?
You stupid millennial have your social life so deeply rooted in facebook that you don't even realize that people who don't use facebook are more social and have more friends than you. You're the creep, you're the loner and you're the weird one. Your social life is shit and you're talking about marrying a guy you're not even involved with.
>>
>>16712082

You do know that people still had friends before instagram, facebook and twitter right?
>>
File: 250.jpg (60KB, 669x664px) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
60KB, 669x664px
>>16712130
It's [current year] and everything you do needs to be documented. If you have friends you need to show proof.
The big scary loner with no friends is the new boogeyman, you better prove to me that you aren't the boogeyman, you goddamn shitlord.
Of course I could just talk to you like a normal social person, but fuck that, I will go on the internet and whine about how anti-social you are for not participating in a meaningless fad that has created a generation of anti-social losers who don't actually have friends.
Check ur priviledge.
>>
>>16712139

The only social media that someone has to have is maybe LinkedIn cause that's just to show off and jerk off to employers, that works for me in my field but it doesn't appear to be a necessity. Social media has made everyone get a heightened sense of importance, almost celebrity like importance, I've never talked seriously to the 95% of the people I have added on facebook, they either added me to pad their stats or to ask me one question then disappear. I've tried keeping in touch with people from high school but the conversation lasts 5 messages then they just flake out on me or dont respond. It's way better to interact with people in real life and I wish I hadn't fallen for the social media meme 2bh.
>>
>>16712150
The only social media I have is Twitter so I can show everyone I am not on board with progressive stack and that I am not scared of Liberal tyranny.
The response has been fantastic. I don't get fired for RACIS and SEXIS comments, I get mad respect.
The only reason you should have social media profiles is to show your support against people like OP.
>>
>>16711268
Thirded. Personally I don't like social media because it makes doxing trivial. There's also my privacy to consider and the minimization of online exposure.

The only situation in which I might participate is if I wanted to find someone I once knew years ago, but that's something I can find out with a few phonecalls.
>>
>>16712082
You're fucking stupid. You don't need facebook to text a friend and invite them out.
>>
>>16712212
>Personally I don't like social media because it makes doxing trivial
I googled my name a few minutes ago and this website has logged my name, where I live, my immediate family, and who my neighbors are.

I don't even have any social media. It's fucking nuts.
>>
>>16711204
social media is a cancer upon society. why doesnt it disturb anyone else that it displays and encourages desperate attention seeking behavior and a trend of needing validation from others? does no one else think this is a bit fucked?
>>
>>16712082

What a retarded statement, i don't have facebook, twitter, instagram or any of these shit and i still have a social interaction, i go out with my friends, flirt with girls and stuff, i don't use social media because a don't give a single fuck about what people are doing with their lives, if i want to talk to somebody that i can't see in person i use texts or skype, and thats it, being out of a group of "cool people" doesn't make somebody creepy, grow up.
>>
>>16712096

>being this entitled

You already got your 15secs of attention, now fuck off.
>>
>>16712222
I am lucky. I have an extremely rare name, but there's one, exactly one, person who has a very similar name to mine. The difference between our names is that mine has the letter ''e'' in it, and this guy has the letter ''ē'' in it. Since it's a pain in the ass to type the letter ''ē'' most of his profiles don't even use it.
It's literally impossible for people to look me up on google. If I google my name all it shows me is this guy. He has a google+ profile with a lot of views and no content. If people look me up they will just think that I am active on social media and I use my real name online.
I can avoid social media without it being a red flag.
>>
He probably doesn't give a shit. That's a good thing.
>>
>>16712258
>>16712245
>>16712217
>>16712130
>>16712102

One of these is not like the other, one of these things is two (or more)!
>>
>>16711204
It's probably a sign that he doesn't want to broadcast the banality of his life on the off chance that he actually goes somewhere and to make it seem like he's always out.

Honestly OP, I had a Facebook and it was completely useless. Now that I'm older I'd only reactivate it to get in touch with family.
>>
I'm a guy and I have 0 social media.
Giving big companies my personal info so I just can call a bunch of people I don't give a fuck about "my friends" is entirely pointless if idiotic.
I'd say is not a red flag, but if you have this type of mindset that you can't see further of what's popular or just what other are doing with their lives, I think you wouldn't have a chance with this guy anyway.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.