[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is constantly telling me being a woman online is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: Vlcsnap-2015-01-31-02h46m26s111.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-01-31-02h46m26s111.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
My girlfriend is constantly telling me being a woman online is hard, and harassment and misogyny is everywhere... shes recently started becoming a social justice advocate and its been effecting our communication and relationship a lot...

The thing is, my friend who is a woman, keeps refuting my girlfriend around every corner, and its gotten to the point where my girlfriend wants me to stop talking to her, telling me shes wrong and is just a product of the patriarchy.

what the hell do I do? I don't want to ditch my friend... the arguments shes told me are pretty sound and I mean I see it whenever I play games with her... why would my girlfriend lie about things like being online and getting harassed?
>>
>>16701710
Break up with girlfriend, hook up with friend. Win-win.
>>
>>16701710
what's wrong with your girlfriend thinking this way?

anyway, you can't change people you can only accept them.
>>
>>16701710

on a basic relationship level you have to ask

>shoudl i let my girlfriend dictate who my friends are

if she doesn't want to hang out with your friend, thats her business, but she shouldnt be trying to control who you hang out with in private time.
>>
>>16701714
My friend lives in another state... and she has a girlfriend lol.
>>
"you're right. Women have it much harder interacting with rude opinions online because they are inherently weaker and more thin-skinned than men."

either you're right or she's being thin-skinned about it

>and then she breaks up with you

anyways - never ever let a woman determine who you can or cannot be friends with. That's inappropriate relationship behavior.
>>
>>16701717

>whats wrong with your girlfriend thinking this way

the fact that shes telling OP he cant hang out with people who think differently than her.
>>
>>16701726
I didn't read the question all the way. I thought he wanted to break up with her, cause she is a SJW
>>
>>16701729

yeah bruh, you should really read the full post before offering advice. it was a really short one too...
>>
>>16701717
My friend has told me about what its like being a woman online, you get free shit on steam and MMO's and waaay less hate in competitive games. Shes a big time shit talker on Smite and no one says shit back to her because shes a woman, she has tons of guys trying to add her and even has a few who buy her shit in game.
>>
>>16701710
Tell your girlfriend that she's being an abrasive bitch and her retarded gender politics piss people off for a good reason.
>>
>>16701734
yea, you're right. My bad
>>
>>16701738
It doesn't though, all her friends quack the same shit at eachother. My girlfriend doesn't play games at all yet she still thinks she can chime in on every game I play.

she claims its video game misogyny that makes her not want to play games... she says she can't identify with the female characters in games because they're sexualized... my friend says she never had any problem playing sexualized characters because you're not supposed to be them, you control them, only "Faggots with constantly bleeding vaginas who read twilight" have to identify with a lead character.
>>
>>16701710
I get harassed every now and then, but something tells me your girlfriend is doing shit to incite it.

Someone says 'lol everyone on my team plays like girls'

and she probably HAS to respond "ACTUALLY studies show that 10 out of 8 vaginas are dept at video games even when they don't play with an inverted Y axis!!"

Which.. is just... BEGGING for it. Most people assume I'm a 12 year old boy on Xbox Live. And I don't bother correcting them. She should probably just do that, and stop arguing over the internet.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453153330914.jpg (54KB, 720x308px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453153330914.jpg
54KB, 720x308px
>>16701738
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453153335671.jpg (51KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453153335671.jpg
51KB, 720x340px
>>16701768
>>
>>16701768
>>16701773

Thanks for the thumbnails, trippy
>>
>>16701756
Tell her she can't identify with them because she's actively looking for things that piss her off. And that her constant bitching is tiresome and triggers you. Tell her her the only reason she doesn't play vidya is because she knows she sucks at it (that should get her to play at which point she'll become one of us). Also tell her that Anita Sarkeesian is a ruthless jew who has done the unimaginable and turned fem studies shit into a profitable career peddling fabricated controversy.
>>
>>16701710
Ignore these guys who feel like when those girls are hot they deny them for the rest of their lives.

Dude, just tell your girlfriend you like her and keep on trying to show her you like her. If she's your girlfriend then she likes you.
>>
>>16701824
Wrong thread.
>>
>>16701710
tell your narcissistic girlfriend that the world does not revolve around her and that the internet is not going to change for her comfort level.
>>
>>16701835
Nope right thread.
>>
File: femnazi muhsojiny.jpg (43KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
femnazi muhsojiny.jpg
43KB, 500x502px
>>16701710
>shes recently started becoming a social justice advocate and its been effecting our communication and relationship a lot...
I stopped readin right there
Leave her, m8. She's been bitten by a tumblrina and is no longer her human self. Run while you still can, because now all she has is an appetite for male tears. She'll start growing a gunt and getting dykier and dykier hair dosbefore you know it
>>
>>16701710
Oh forgot: "online" Ditch her and find a real girlfriend
>>
If by "harassed" you mean "given free in-game currency, items, and sometimes entire games," then yeah, I was harassed all the time when I played multiplayer games. But then again, I was PC, not XBox or something. From my understanding, the console online gaming crowd is a lot worse.
>>
>>16701847
What has that got to do with OP exactly? What the fuck are talking about? Your post doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>16701756
>Bitches about something she doesn't know
>Arguments don't even make sense
>Makes people who actually fight for quality and women's rights in parts of the world where women are actually struggling and their work look like a joke

>>16701720
>>16701726
>Trying to control who you hang out with

>>16701710
>the arguments shes told me are pretty sound
>It might not be lying but if she has such a fixated victim-mindset and can't handle being online because of being slightly offended, then what she tells is probably super-biased

Solution: A) if she so triggered by being online, tell her to avoid places where there's shit that offends her and B) that there are a good number of people that won't adhere to her PC fantasies or give a shit about her problems

So why are you tolerating this shit?
>>
>>16701735
what are her favorite gods?
>>
File: shadow raider.png (519KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
shadow raider.png
519KB, 768x576px
>>16701768
>>16701773
>thumbnails
>>
>>16701873
Shes always a Tank... she plays a lot of Ares and Bacchus, sometimes Athena or Khumbakarna, though apparently some guy is going to buy her the ultimate god pack so she told me shes gonna go apeshit for a while.

shes a riot to play with, though she isn't very good... I haven't played with her in a long ass time, last time I talked to her she said she still plays it and League of Legends inbetween binges of Metal Slug and Doom.
>>
I think I can give you some perspective on this. I've been gaming since I was young, I can't really think of a single time I was ever targeted for my gender.. but then again, I only use the microphone when I'm playing with my boyfriend and people he introduced me to, so the shitheads are basically filtered out for me. On the other hand, I never really swam in free stuff like other women who play vidya supposedly do. It may be that men exaggerate it, or perhaps it is because I keep to myself and don't flirt. Whatever the case, it's rather uneventful.

I don't doubt that some women do face discrimination online, but part of the problem may be that she sees the normal aggressive shitflinging and thinks she's being targeted specifically when really, everyone gets shit on online.

That being said, I have targeted other women online because they're easier to tilt. I'll also target anyone who is bitching too much or seems easy to upset, because it will make them play worse and give my team an advantage.. but if I'm ignored, I move onto the next target.

I don't think your girlfriend is lying. I think she believes what she's saying but her perspective is skewed. If you look for sexism, you will find it. I bet she's turning a blind eye to the positive points to being a woman online.

I think the fact that she can't tolerate you being friends with someone with a different opinion than her to be a huge red flag. She's threatened by your friend because on some level she thinks she may be wrong and can't refute her arguments. Between the two, I'd ditch the insecure controlling girlfriend..
>>
>>16701710
>telling me shes wrong and is just a product of the patriarchy.

I think your girl is mentally retarded, bro.
>>
File: 1447387912794.gif (73KB, 129x150px) Image search: [Google]
1447387912794.gif
73KB, 129x150px
Tell your GF to "shut up!" and let her know she can't tell you who you hang out with.

Why are you being such a limp wrist faggot about this? Maybe your gf is frustrated by your "soft" demenour, and feels she now has to wear the pants in your relationship because your such a wimp. Hence why she has become a SJW and is trying to boss you around. Maybe she's waiting for you to "step up".
>>
>>16701710

"It's cool you found something you want to be passionate about and advocate; you have a right to your own opinion and I'm proud of you for voicing it.

But just because you've got an opinion, doesn't mean it should dictate what happens in MY life. Respect me as much as I'm respecting you or we're done."
>>
>>16702410

^^^

For context, my girlfriend is also a borderline SJW. She says her piece and knows that I respect opinions, but also knows that I think what I think and she has to respect that too.
>>
>>16702410
Exactly this.
>>
>>16701710
Entertain your girlfriend, play along. Most women are irrational creatures, so you might as well get used to it.

Find games you both enjoy. Find activities you both enjoy. Say you'll play less video games if she stops bringing up politics all the time. Compromise.
>>
>>16701710

Why would you put up with a whiny gf like that? She is going to be upset your entire life.
>>
>>16701710
The only answer is to kill your girlfriend. Her mind has been poisoned by this SJW tumblr shit and there's no cure. You're better off doing her ol' yeller style than having her poison the minds of others. I'm sorry, OP, I know it must be a tough pill to swallow. You have to do this though... For the good of everyone.
>>
>people have attempted to dox me several times
>constantly have to change my online screen names
>can't have a normal conversation without them pushing lewd topics and having to block 99% of people after less than five minutes
>try talking to other girls to avoid this but most of the "girls" end up being nasty guys too

more like it's hard being an attractive girl on the Internet. the flood of unwanted penises and creepy men borderline stalking you doesn't really ever stop

and the favorite
>having to tiptoe around your gender in threads because otherwise you'll get shit all over for it

not saying your gf is right to try and dictate your friends, but you don't sound very understanding of her point in the first place
>>
>>16701710
dump your girlfriend and fuck your friend
>>
>>16702477
Perhaps if you didn't bring up your gender for topics where it's completely irrelevant then you wouldn't have that problem :^) The countless threads I've read where they start talking about some game and its mechanics then mention for no reason that they're a girl. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>16702490
I'm not even talking about that "femanon here" shit or whatever. I'm talking about any conversation either making sure I don't use any sort of language indicating I'm a girl, changing stories to guy pronouns, all of that shit

but since you're assuming you already know all you should and are already passing judgements, it's not like it matters. the funny part is that people like you are the exact reason it's happening
>>
>>16702516
>implying I give a shit if you have a vagina
Shut the fuck up and play the fucking game
>>
>>16701710
break up with your girlfriend. if she asks why tell her you triggered her and that out of personal solidarity you're going to keep the reason to yourself. And if she continues to question why is harassment and victim blaming.
>>
>>16702521
I wasn't just talking about videogames you moron

and if you don't give a shit, why did you even reply in the first place?
>>
>>16702527
Because I don't care about your girl status, I care when you insert your girl status unnecessarily, get shit on for it, and then complain like it's everyone else's fault.

Its OK, I wouldn't expect small woman brains to understand such an advanced concept :^)
>>
>>16702540
>all this saltiness
for someone who doesn't give a shit, you sure act like you do
>>
>>16702547
Whoa there honey, don't worry your pretty little head about it. Wouldn't want you to get worked up.
>>
I'm glad I don't play any games where I need to go on mic. I just don't say anything, people assume I'm a guy by default, and they tend to like me. I play male characters since I tend to like their armor better. So I kind of get the not relating with female characters thing.
I miss when I did the same thing years ago, when AIM had that game CryWolf. Pretended to be a guy so I'd stop getting messaged, as you had to use your aim sn in game (I was 15, no experience with guys or dating, and I'd get messaged sometimes asking about masturbating and sex). Then as a guy, people just seemed to like me. Guys and girls would follow me and join my games. It was cool, but sort of weird. Seemed easier to be social in a group.

So as a girl online, more likely to get creepy messages. As a guy, more likely to make friends. Strange thing to know, since I didn't change my personality. I just used names/characters that seem male. But that's how I deal with it.
>>
>>16701710
If your girlfriend is trying to dictate who you can or can't associate with, dump her. As a woman, I've never had trouble relating to characters of a different gender or race or, uh, sluttiness level (idk who the hell even cares about that desu) and so on. Girls do have a more annoying online experience, but not to the level where it should effect someone deeply enough that they as you to leave your friends with a different opinion.
>>
>>16701927
Does anyone else completely tune out as soon as the word "boyfriend" is mentioned?

Is it just me?
>>
>>16702894

Does having a boyfriend somehow make her less qualified?

I don't really understand...
>>
>>16701710

>telling me shes wrong and is just a product of the patriarchy

couldn't help but kek silently

good b8 OP
>>
>>16702477
My friend is very attractive and she says stalkers are only a problem if... and I am quoting her "A big enough dipshit to put all your shit on facebook" she has a very crass way of talking about things.

Also guys get stalked online too, quite a bit so its not really a gender exclusive problem. Look at all the doxxing SJW's themselves do. Hell my friend says shes more afraid of third wave feminists than a neckbeard wizard on steam.
>>
>>16702672
My friend has a very feminine screen name, and used to go on mic all the time, she doesn't now because her headset is falling apart and shes too cheap to buy a new one yet. This subject has come up before with her, because I ask her if people give her shit with such a girly steam name, and she flat out told me its never a problem, the girls she sees get harassed get harassed because they start shit with people and can't handle it when shit is flung back.
>>
>>16703114
Well for going on mic and stuff too, I'm more of a quiet person. Much better with typing than talking.
I don't expect people to "give me shit" for having a girly name or anything. I don't fight or argue. Just trying to avoid unwanted attention. So it serves me better to just let people assume I'm a guy.
>>
>>16701710
the thing about being a girl is that you tend to focus on the negatives more than the positives.
ie if your gf got harassed once, she'll be more likely to emphasize that single instance. then it becomes a cycle of noticing harassment more and more as if it's a huge phenomenon. your gf may not be lying, but rather exaggerating and overemphasizing things.
>>
>>16703155
Well is she just ruined to the internet and gaming now? is there anything I can do? I mean she drank the SJW koolaid pretty hard and its putting a strain on us, we can't talk about anything anymore.
>>
>>16701723
>she has a girlfriend
Triple win motherfucker.

Kek jk, but telling your current gf that being a sjw is a major turn off then tell her to decide between you and her advocacy.
>>
>>16703450
Correction: it'll probably be best bet for you to tell your current gf that it is a major turn off to be a sjw and if she is to continue, then she should rethink her mentality.
If not, dump and move on.
>>
>>16703450
She said her and her girlfriend are open... but I dunno... sharing someone?
>>
>>16701724
OP your answer. Bitching bitch is bitching.

Not only will she lose respect for you if you change yourself but she'll think you're a wuss and break up with you.
>>
>>16701756
>she says she can't identify with the female characters in games because they're sexualized...

Fucking lol. Stop putting up with her shit already.
>>
File: 1450008213033.jpg (239KB, 455x810px) Image search: [Google]
1450008213033.jpg
239KB, 455x810px
>>16701756
>she says she can't identify with the female characters in games because they're sexualized
Bayonetta comes to mind. For those who havent seen the game, its about a woman with guns for high heels running around in spandex killing shit.

The kicker? A woman designed her, in an attempt to get more control over her sexuality. By dismissing the game because it has sexual content is in a sense dismissing that womans experiences. It's not like I get insecure over Dante being sexualized a lot of the time either, it's a fucking game.

I'd just fucking move on mate, between the fact she keeps speaking out of her ass about games shes never played and trying to tell you who to talk to I see no real reason to stick around.

>>16701927
>That being said, I have targeted other women online because they're easier to tilt. I'll also target anyone who is bitching too much or seems easy to upset
You've unlocked the secret to 90% of internet harassment. Maybe one day more people will get that.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.