[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some excellent college majors to pursue? I'm planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

What are some excellent college majors to pursue? I'm planning on going the Computer Science route currently. If I could I'd major Physics but I've heard it's nearly impossible to get a job in academia.
>>
Do what you want to do. It's not the major that counts, it's what you do with it that matters
>>
>>16687920
Accounting
Electrical Engineering
Nursing +Pre-Med

Anything else WILL be called a meme major at some point on 4chan. (And to be honest, the above probably has as well)
>>
>>16687923
That is false. If you can't get a job with your degree, you're wasting time.
>>
>>16687933
Yeah, but if you make good use of your degree, it's not useless, is it? I know people who have studied traditionally 'useless' majors like English and Philosophy and have gone on to work for the government, because those jobs required the skills that those majors offered.
>>
>>16687934
I'm not disagreeing with you, but not every degree from every school gets you a good job.
>>
>>16687934
Just make sure that whatever you do study, you work hard at it. This means a 3.2 GPA or better in STEM fields, 3.8 GPA or better in 'useless' majors, and lotsa internships. Don't want to get cut off by a computer before you even make it through the front door.
>>
>>16687920
>Science or Math degree from top school.
>The T and E in STEM are bubbles with too many degrees and too few jobs
>The harder the degree, the more it's worth, This is because the degrees ONLY job is to show the employer that you can do work and take orders.
>So a Quantum Neutrino forcefield math degree from MIT is worth $$$, Business Administration or Woman's studies degree from some state school is worth $0- who cares?
>>
>>16687930

Add mechanical engineering and chemical engineering
>>
I did, /adv/, I fucked it up. I've gotten Linguistics Master's and can only work as an interpreter (frellance only) or a teacher.

How can I un-fuck myself?

Should I do take another bachelor?

[spoiler]I'm 24, I feel old. [/spoiler]
>>
>>16688459

>made bad choice to go to school and waste time and money

'like bro, I'm so high, should I like, go back to school, yo? '

No get a job you moron.
>>
>>16688464
I'm working, dude. I earn 700-3000$ per month (freelance, baby).

But I want to do something else. Something that will allow me to earn more in long term.

[spoiler]I got a scholarship so no money wasted.[/spoiler]
>>
>>16688469

>no money wasted

Time is money.

Anyways, if you want to learn new skills, fine. Good idea- smart.

Going back to school? Not smart. Keep doing your freelance gig.

maybe try and do it a little better and make more than 3k month, huh?
>>
>>16688477
Can't, in the current economy, just can't.

Before the Ruble has fallen my salary was two times bigger. Now 1$ = 70 RUB.

Nobody wants to hire a professional interpreter for the same money I asked before.

Anyways, the highest payday I got last year was 3150$. I've tried calculating it, tried planning and expanding network - nothing I do can increase my income.

I need a new skill. And something lucrative.

Because I cannot leave the country and work overseas because, as you've probably guessed already, nobody fucking needs Russian language right now.
>>
>>16687920
I'm surprised no one's said anthropology. It's great if you're a history nerd. This is my major and so far, it's really interesting. I want to do marine archaeology and also teach highschool history.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.