[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Split the Check on Dates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1452458306525.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1452458306525.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
I've been single for a while and dating around for about a year and a half now. Just left a fwb relationship... you get the idea.

I've noticed that a lot of girls I date will not want me to pay the bill (food, coffee, drinks) but will still fuck me or at least suck my dick. Almost everyone I talk to does not have this experience. Which is weird, because the last time I paid for a girl's burrito we just hugged at the end of the date and I never saw her again. I talked to some relatives about this (both are women) and they're like: wtf, no, you should pay for their shit!

I'm absolutely not complaining. I just want to know if anyone has an idea why this is happening. Maybe it's because I'm dating a lot of progressive women. I live in Boston, 23, for background.
>>
>>16686416
guys, or preferably girls:

what is happening and how can I keep it happening?
>>
Don't worry about it so much. Go for the check, and if they want to split out, cool. If they don't, that's cool too.
>>
>>16686468
You're right. It's worked for me this far, so why change now?
>>
It's not that big of a deal, OP. The one time I ever paid for a girl it was just awkward. Talk before hand:

1) she offers to pay. Awesome. Go with it.
2) she's awkward about it. Don't worry, just pay for her, it's cool
3) she insists you pay. Leave her at the restaurant. she's shit and you can do better
>>
>>16686500
dubs confirms

also:
4) she insists she pays. Go down on her at least.
>>
>>16686500
Why would you even need to bring it up beforehand? Go for the check with every intention of paying. She'll say something or she won't. Whatever.
>>
>>16686509
because people are raised differently with different values and unless you know the person very well it's better to just ask before you get to the counter: "I've got the tab if that's cool" and listen to her reaction than to be autistic about it.
>>
>>16686516
Unnecessarily bringing it up beforehand is the autistic way to go about it.
>>
>>16686520
lol ok buddy
>>
They probably have more money than you or are insecure and think you won't like them.
I used to live in Boston for school it is a different kind of place.
What types are you dating? harvard mit girls??
>>
>>16686535
>I used to live in Boston for school it is a different kind of place
Lol I love this city, but I went to college elsewhere.

Last year I dated some college girls. A lot from Tufts (used to live down the street from there) and then a UMB girl and one date with a Harvard Med student who was a little too into herself and wouldn't shut up about NYC. I decided that Berkeley students aren't my type... or I'm not theirs or both. Lately I've been dating someone my own age (24) because I think I might be getting too old for college girls (typically been under 21).

>They probably have more money than you
Unless they come from a rich family, I doubt it. I'm overpaid and my rent is cheap.

>or are insecure and think you won't like them.
Maybe.
>>
>>16686416
Ask you dingus, she won't say no if you just buy her a beer or something, but a dinner is intense AF
>>
>>16686524
He's right, you know.

>Um so ugh like how do we do this? Should I pay for it, or should you, or we could split it if you like. Except you got a drink and I just got water, so... oh and should we split the tip too?
vs
>taking the check when it comes and just paying for it. Also saying she can get the next one if she says anything
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.