[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth staying with someone who has slight temper issues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1452733708920s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452733708920s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
is it worth staying with someone who has slight temper issues? we also don't get on that well so he is constantly angry at me and so he ignores me a lot, but when he is normal i like him a lot. should i break up with him?
>>
>saving thumbnails

Yes, you should break up.
>>
Yes, emotional abuse usually leads to physical abuse, even if it doesn't have anything to do with touching you harmfully at all.
>>
Yes because it probably won't last anyway
>>
>>16686043
slippery slope much ?
careful, dogfucker.
>>
>>16686042
I stole it from a thread currently on the mecha board if you're wondering

>>16686043
It's not emotional abuse, he just ignores me when he's annoyed at me for periods of time
>>
>>16686029
Depends how annoying it is, how often it happens. Idk, I feel like this is something you can put up with for the short term, but I don't see long term potential. Unless you have a deep love for him, one that can help you overlook any flaw, you'll probably reach your limit eventually.

I mean, really, if you even have to ask, you're probably halfway to breaking up with him already.
>>
>>16686047
>>16686058
you two are right. long term i would just hate him more and more. I've already stopped caring and i've stopped saying sorry for whatever he was annoyed with me for.

maybe I'll just break up with him later, rather than now since I still like him a lot
or should I break up with him now?
>>
>>16686070
The sooner you do it, the less painful it will be. Before you get too attached. It's sort of like you're leading him on at this point if you keep seeing him just planning to break up later.
>>
I wouldnt deal with that shit at all!
>>
>>16686070
It's better to break up while you still think there's some good in him, rather than wait to become super bitter about him down the road. At least this way you'll have some good memories that are untainted by anger. Also, it's less stressful for you in the long run. And like other anon said, you don't want to get too attached to him to the point where it becomes even harder to dump him.
>>
also am i being overly dramatic? because doesnt every couple argue sometimes?
>>
>>16686029
>we also don't get on that well so he is constantly angry at me and so he ignores me a lot

you want to be stuck in an abusive relationship?
>>
>>16686192
It's not about whether you fight at all, it's about how you deal with the fight.

Maybe I was amiss in not asking you for further details, OP, so let me ask now: How exactly do the fights go? What happens? Do you two apologize after, or do you both pretend it never happened? Who apologizes? Is it just you? Does he apologize too? Do these previous fights ever come back again in a future fight? How do you two cope with anger?

The answers to these questions will help in assessing whether this is "normal" or even "acceptable."
>>
>>16686029
>>16686052
MY father is like this. He is a fucking total dickhead asshole and I hope he dies everyday. Not emotional abuse or w/e u wanna call it, if someone is yelling and just being a dickhead everyday thats emotional abuse.

If he treats u that way hell treat yuor kids that way. Just think about that.
>>
>>16686203
You and other OP are too quick in assuming this is abuse. We don't have enough info. For all we know, this could be a cranky guy who occasionally needs space to calm down.

To OP, Here are some more questions: In what way does he ignore you? What's the vibe? Do you get the sense that he's just trying to calm down, or does it feel like he's just being spiteful? Does he ever apologize for this/explain himself in any way?
>>
Give us some examples of what you did to piss him off
>>
>>16686234
Gah I mean "other anon"; typo xD
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.