[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 347x145px
Anyone here lucid dream? if so. can you give me some tips to induce one.
>>
I naturally obtain sleep paralysis, which causes me to be more lucid during dreams. So if you get sleep paralysis, think of it like a bridge between wake and deep sleep. Generally, people are lucid during sleep paralysis so you want to cross over to deep sleep while you're in paralysis.

From there you should be set - but honestly lucid dreaming happens pretty random for me.
>>
Get comfortable and dont DONT move a muscle. Eventually you will fall asleep. Listening to different waves can help just search "bineural beats" on YouTube. Listen to that while falling asleep without moving and boom, success. At least thats works for me part of the time.
>>
The first step is to be able to recall your dreams. How are you gonna lucid dream if you can even remember it when you wake up?

Start keeping a dream journal by your bed. Try to record every dream in detail right when you wake up.
>>
>>16685025
Ive read that you can induce artificial sleep paralysis if you lay flat on your back for 20 minutes with the TV off, lights off, everything. Just darkness and silence. Don't move at all. Eventually your body will adjust and think you're sleeping when you know that you're not. Therefor you will have a lucid dream or basically hallucinate. I've done it once or twice and it's actually a quite meditative experience
>>
get high
>>
>>16685103
This is the best way. It might sounds stupid or inconvenient, but after like a week and a half of doing this right when I woke up I was able to become lucid. It trains your brain to remember your dreams. As you're writing you'll actually remember more than you did when you initially woke up.
Once you start remembering your dreams more it becomes easier to realize you're dreaming because you'll start to recognize the things that don'e make sense.
>>
I'll tell you what worked for me, even though I gave up pursuing it.

1. You need to start writing a dream journal. Doing so makes you more aware of your dreams in general and accordingly, lucid dreaming. If you can afford the sleep interruptions, before you go to sleep, tell yourself: "I'm going to wake up after every dream." You'll need to have pen and paper ready. After waking up, move as little as possible. The more you move, the faster you forget. Remember your dream and go through it first, then take the notepad and write everything down.

2. Begin looking for similarities in your dreams. Start noticing the telltale signs of dreaming. You need to teach yourself to do a "dream test", in order to make sure to yourself that you're in a dream instead of awake. The simplest test is to hold your nose close and try to blow air through it. If you're in a dream, you will still be able to blow air through it because obviously, your breathing is not really obstructed. Another way to tell is looking in a mirror, because mirror images are always weird and distorted in a dream.

3. By learning when you might be in a dream and then doing an act that makes the dream lucid - like the blowing air through your nose - you can begin to learn to lucid dream. You need to prevent yourself from getting too excited, causing you to wake up. You can strengthen the "reality" of the dream by using your senses, especially those other than your eyes. But beware: if you close your eyes, when you open them, you might open them in reality. It happened to me a lot, kind of.
... well, that's most of my experience, basically. Lucid dreaming is a fun thing, but it's kind of an effort to get it down. As for me, I felt like one of the biggest steps is just anchoring the idea of lucid dreaming into your brain.
>>
I already keep a dream journal and have tried most of the methods you guys recommended. I'll try the 'waking induced lucid dream' tonight and see what happens
>>
>>16685161

One of the ways to make the above method easier - the one to go from sleep paralysis directly into a lucid dream - is by being really exhausted. Before you go to sleep, your brain kind of "checks" if you're ready by making you move in small, reflexive ways. If you fall for that, sleep paralysis is delayed until your mind actually calms the fuck down. If you manage to not move - one of the reasons for that possibly being that you're so tired your body just doesn't give a damn anymore - then you can go straight into the dream.
>>
I used to dream lucidly for years (that's why i regularely came while sleeping), but over time the dreams became less intense and sometimes i couldn't even sleep because i didn't know what to dream about. It took years for me to dream normally again. To this day it is impossible for me to have nightmares or dreams that feel as if they were real.

I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
File: G.png (160KB, 302x383px) Image search: [Google]
G.png
160KB, 302x383px
>tfw I always wake up as soon as I realize I'm dreaming
No idea why, it's like my brain just says "nope" and kicks me out back into the real world. The only time I came close to lucid dreams was when I experimented with polyphasic sleep a while back. I can't remember exactly what schedule I did but during the shorter sleep cycles I'd have really vivid dreams that would sometimes become lucid, but then I'd always wake up. Dream journal is a good idea too, if nothing else it's interesting and sometimes funny.
>>
Not sure if this advice has been posted yet, but start keeping a dream journal if you don't already. Just write what you remember of your dreams each morning when you wake up, after a couple weeks you should notice that you're able to recall your dreams more often and in greater detail.

Also I know it helps to lie as still as possible as you're going to bed. You may start to itch or feel the urge to move, but if you fight this and remain still it can help your chances of inducing a lucid dream.
>>
>>16685025
I get home in the evenings (around 7). Sometimes I fap and am worn out so I go instantly into sleep paralysis after climax. Pretty trippy lol.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.