[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make the most of my time to study? I need to pass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dorf.png (320KB, 467x491px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.png
320KB, 467x491px
How can I make the most of my time to study?

I need to pass 2 tests by June 30th, both costing $199 each so I can get my beginner IT cert.

My schedule looks like this.

>Wake up at 11AM
>Leave for work at 1PM
>Work from 2PM -7:30PM
>Get home by 8:30-9PM
>Clean up until I pass out around 3-4AM

Rinse and repeat x 5

>Saturday I get up at 8
>Work from 9-5:30
>Go home and pass out
>Wake up whenever on Sunday
>Do errands/clean/practice driving

I cant find time to study. At all. Its rediculous. I cannot study at work, and the material I have is in heavy textbooks which I will not bring with me on the bus.

I am working part time, 36 hours, and I feel like I should ask for a day off during the week, but I am one of three employees, one manager and two workers. The other guy is new and Ive been here for almost 2 years so they kind of need me around.

>wake up early
Impossible. I am not a morning person, and the only reason im up late is because of anxiety, sleep apnea, ADD, and depression. I cannot turn my brain off. To keep myself busy until I pass out i just clean up everything everynight.

TLDR ; no time to study for IT cert because of work but i make above minimum wage for doing almost nothing and i dont think i should quit.
>>
>>16683837
>I cant find time to study.
You can't find time to study because you're too lazy to make time to study. Your schedule is filled with bullshit things like
You work 36 hours, you have plenty of time you retard.
>>
>>16683837
>Get home by 8:30-9PM
>Clean up until I pass out around 3-4AM

>Do errands/clean/practice driving

It really sounds like you're doing anything to avoid the important stuff. How much shit do you really need to clean? At 36 hours, and with as much time as you have to "clean" things, you should be doing other shit.
>>
>>16683841

>wake up early on sunday

Im not gay.
>>
>>16683846

not really avoiding the study time here.

I need to clean every night because i have lazy as shit parents and siblings who cant take care of the 4 cats we have.

They also let the sink fill up with brown shit water and dirty dishes that havent been cleaned in 3 months.

I literally have to wrap my arm in plastic bags and yank food out of the drain just to drain the mold water.

I live in shit conditions and no one but me cleans

Moving out is not an option. No credit, so cant rent a place. Also rent is too high in NYC

i just want to find time to fucking study man
>>
>>16683837

>I can't find time to study
>Wakes up at 11 am

June 30th is at least 5 months away, ~150 days away, and even if you kept your bum schedule the same, and woke up at 7 am, ate breakfast, got ready and started studying at 9 am at the latest, you'll get a solid 4 hours of study every single week day.

>Get home at 9
>Go to bed at 4 am

What in the world are you doing for these 7 hours?

> and the only reason im up late is because of anxiety, sleep apnea, ADD, and depression

No. The reason you're up late is cause you have a habit of dicking around on the internet and a horrible sleeping schedule. You're capable of falling asleep at 4 am, so you're capable of falling asleep earlier.

I am not trying to break your balls here, but you don't have time to study because you simply don't want to. I've been where you are before and the only thing stopping you, is you. No one else.
>>
>>16683853
>I need to clean every night because i have lazy as shit parents and siblings who cant take care of the 4 cats we have.
No, you don't need to clean every night. Clean once a week, at most. Hide the fucking dishes and get paper plates, if you need to. But don't use that as a goddamn excuse, because it's not a good one.
>>
>>16683861

okay so ill let the dishes pile up for another 3 months and let the cats shit on 2 week old litter.

should i stop taking my medication too? what about sleep? should i just drink energy drinks instead?

what about taking the bus? should i just teleport to work instead?
>>
>>16683876
If you're not going to listen to any advice, why did you bother making a thread?
>>
>>16683860
>laying down in bed staring at the ceiling for hours means im dicking around on the internet

k
>>
>>16683880
It's just as much of a waste of time. Don't complain you don't have time to study when you're wasting time just fucking around.
>>
>>16683878
its not advice really. youre just telling me im full of shit and not giving me any alternatives other than "just dont do it."

i just want to know if i should ask a day off from work to get some study shit in, as well as take care of shit at home so i wont have that much to do everynight
>>
>>16683888
>not being able to sleep is wasting time.

yeah wasting potential sleep time

>go to bed early means i wake up early
>wake up early means more time to do shit
>cannot fall asleep until i pass out

Its 5 AM right now and i have to leave for work at 1PM. Prob gonna pass out between 5-6, wake up at 11 or 12, and rush out to work as usual.
>>
>>16683876
>okay so ill let the dishes pile up for another 3 months and let the cats shit on 2 week old litter.
You're hopping from one extreme to another. Stop being ridiculous. Cleaning once a week, all at once, as opposed to doing it every fucking night makes more sense. I have animals and I clean, but I do it weekly instead of spending 6+ hours every night. You're making excuses again.

>should i stop taking my medication too? what about sleep? should i just drink energy drinks instead?
>what about taking the bus? should i just teleport to work instead?
If you don't understand that you're losing time, due to your inability to focus on what's important, I don't know what to tell you. Poor time management will be the end of any good career.
>>
>>16683890
>i just want to know if i should ask a day off from work to get some study shit in, as well as take care of shit at home so i wont have that much to do everynight
What would be the point? You're just going to find new and interesting ways to spend your time not doing what you need to be doing. Are you sure you don't have OCD or something? Because fixating on cleanliness, to the point where you're spending so much time every day cleaning, seems really obsessive.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.