[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my mother has surgery on Friday >there's nobody to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1390858521717.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1390858521717.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>my mother has surgery on Friday
>there's nobody to pick her up from hospital as she has no friends
>feels too insecure to take a taxi because she'll be sedated + speaks no English anyways
>I have to work on that day
>just made a huge fuck-up that almost got me fired, so taking a day off with less than 24 hour notice is not ideal
>only option is father
>marriage has gotten so bad that they're divorcing soon and he refuses to speak to her

What do?
>>
Tell him to man the fuck up.
>>
What sort of hospital doesn't have a service to drive patients home if they have no other way of getting home?
>>
explain the situation to your boss
i'm pretty sure they can't fire you over a family emergency
other than that just have her wait at the hospital until you're off work, chances are she'll be tired and groggy anyways
>>
Hire non-emergency medical transportation. Even my small town of 10,000 people has them. Google it for your area.
>>
>>16683568
Be very apologetic when you ask for time off- say "my mother is having a serious surgical procedure and needs someone to drive her home from the hospital"-
Maybe don't ask for a whole day off? Just tell them when you'll need to drive her and ask for a 2 hr period off so that you can safely transport her to her house.
Offer to take on any extra shifts they need you to, or get a co-worker to cover your shift (with manager's approval, of course).

They probably sent heartless enough to make your poor sick mom suffer just because it's inconvenient for them.

Another option: feign sick. Call in and say your throwing up or throw up at work. They don't want you to come in if there's a risk you could be making other people sick.
If you go with this option- go in tomorrow and try to look really sick. Don't talk to a lot of people, have a glazed over look in your eye, make sure to mention "I don't feel so good" or "I think I'm coming down with something" at times when it's appropriate. Then call in the morning and say you have been throwing up all night and will not be able to make it in.

The first option is better- the sooner you tell the manager the sooner they can arrange to have someone cover your shift. It's always worse to have a last minute absence, so they will be more upset about that
>>
>>16683572
All of them? At least in the US, hospitals could not give any fewer shits.

>>16683576
If OP works in a shitty service job, they absolutely can fire him over that. It's called at-will employment. They can fire you for any reason whatsoever.

That being said, I would first ask you dad to Man the Fuck Up. If he's a faggot, see if you can get a cab.

If none of that works and you do work a shitty minimum wage job, fuck it and pick up your mother. You can find another one in like 5 minutes.
>>
do you not have any friends that would do that for you?
>>
>>16683572
Literally every hospital in the entire US

>>16683576
I get off of work at 7:30pm. Her thing is at 7am (hence why I can drop her off but not pick her up)

>>16683589
How expensive is it compared to a taxi though?

>>16683594
Thanks Anon. It's a small office so I just about comprise 15% of the workforce, so covering isn't really a thing. I'll probably try asking for the time off.

>>16683604
Well, it's actually a job really important to my career. Another complication that I JUST started (currently in my second week). My goof was a result of me being new, but it was such a bad one that I could've been fired on the spot.

>>16683605
They all work.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>16683568
Check online for a private ambulance/transporation service. Sure you'll find something relevant - even in the US.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.