[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cure laziness? >inb4 stop being lazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1444565749100.png (273KB, 346x311px) Image search: [Google]
1444565749100.png
273KB, 346x311px
How do I cure laziness?
>inb4 stop being lazy
>>
Stop being lazy
>>
/thread
>>
>>16682702
It's a fundamental part of your personality. You will have to make yourself very uncomfortable by forcing yourself to stop lazing around until being lazy is what makes you uncomfortable, because the problem is being lazy feels good for you even though it's bad. Be mindful of when you're being lazy and understand the negative effects it's causing. This will motivate you to stop procrastinating and wasting time. You have to understand how bad it is to be lazy. Look at where laziness has gotten you.

Be mindful.
>>
>>16682702

>how do I stop punching my face?
>inb4 stop punching your face

why are lazy people so dumb
>>
>>16682772
Try asking a smoker to stop smoking.

Why are stupid people so arrogant about being stupid?
>>
>>16682801
Terrible analogy.
>>
>>16682811
It's a bad habit, it's not like reading the news in the morning.
>>
>>16682999

You change anything about yourself through sheer force of will

Lazy people wont do this, because they're lazy fucks. So they look for an alternative to the obvious solution that works because they're lazy fucks that want a shortcut when they dont realise that life doesnt work that way
>>
being lazy is a character flaw that you inevitable have, so you have to try harder than the rest to compensate.
Small steps and sleep higiene patterns, little goals for every morning.
On sundays you can sleep to 11 am if you want
>>
>>16682702

The only practical answer is "start making not being lazy a habit" - in small steps if you can't take large ones.

>>16682801

1. Create conditions devoid of stress - so they don't have the "It gets me through the day excuse."
2. Fill day with shit to do - e.g. take a vacation so you be on the beach all day and have shit to do while quitting.
3. ???
4. Profit

This is obviously not a practical solution for a lot of people who smoke, but the answer there comes back to the original of "There is no answer." They just have to decide to quit, and I have never, ever seen a good answer on what can motivate people, though I know the factors that go into motivation, but they can't exactly be created out of thin air.
>>
>>16683023

>You change anything about yourself through sheer force of will

Vastly overrated. This is a typical line for self-help book authors, because most people don't do it, so they think it will make magical dramatic changes. The facts of life are that an average adult generally has 2-3 hours at most a day to make some sort of change - that's enough time to go to the gym and maybe do one other thing on off days. Basically, it's far harder said than done.

With that said, I find that most people here don't put in even the minimal effort when it comes to things that aren't mandatory (e.g. work for middle class fags).
>>
>>16683023
You're referring to ambition, which is a human emotion. You're not special.
>>
>>16683034
As someone who once smoked, that is not how you quit.
>>
>>16683055

How do you quit? "Just go cold turkey" is not an answer, because it's circular.

Nicotine patches, chewing shit, and whatever else fags use is just a helper - just like creating an environment where you aren't stressed.

I am genuinely interested if you have something useful to say here.
>>
>>16683064
People who smoke are accepting the fact that smoking kills them.

Figure out why you want to die, and look it in the eyes.
Then quit. Cold turkey.
>>
There's nothing wrong with laziness.
All it means is that you want to enjoy the simplicities of life. Ambition is fine and all, but so is a guy who can sit on a porch and watch a sunset and want nothing more.

You just need to integrate laziness into your needs. If you are lazy and want very little then you're good to go. If you are lazy and want a lot then you've got a conflict.
>>
>>16683097

>strength of stimulus for action

>>16683098

Laziness, as most people understand it, usually leads to life being shit.
>>
>>16683098
But i bet OP struggles with the fact that he wants things but he is to lazy to get them.
I hope he reachs a mid point where he can be happy with himself
>>
just stop being lazy. if you reaallly wanted to do it, you'd find a way.
>>
>>16683136
I really don't want to be on this planet, but here we are.
>>
Engage in activities where meaning shines forth.Structure your life in a way in which the innate suffering of existence is justified by those activities or relationships where meaning shines forth. I don't need to elaborate because you know exactly what I'm talking about. All the best.
>>
>>16683049
>>16683043

Success breeds jealousy
>>
>>16683800
Arrogance stems from ignorance.
>>
>>16682702
DA COMRADE MUST ACT LIKE GREATEST LEADER OF MOTHER RUSSIA
HERE IS KALASNIKOV AND VODKA
DAS VID DANYA
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.