[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I overreacting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1451334694385.jpg (68KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
1451334694385.jpg
68KB, 540x539px
Okay. So, I have a sister in law. She is newly 14, she hit puberty early and is very beautiful so a lot of guys think she's cute. Problem is, my friend who is 21, is trying to be with her. He asked her on dates when she was 13. He also managed to get her drunk. I just learned that, as another friend told me. I don't think they did anything besides cuddle and maybe kiss. This makes me very uncomfortable. I did not think my friend was like this and he should know better. My fiance (her brother) doesn't seem to care much and it makes me scared for her. What should I do? I don't think her parents would care since they know she gets drunk and hangs out with older guys and they don't care.
>>
Where are you and what's the legal age there?

If America then your friend is asking to get party vanned.
>>
>>16682072
Yes America, legal age is 16
>>
>16682086
Hmmm.... I don't know. I'm 21 and the idea of dating a 14 year old sounds like pedo teritory.

Anyway, what is it about your friend that makes you not trust him being around this girl?

Also she drinks and chills with dudes that are 21 regularly? And her parents are just cool with that? Her dad doesn't give a shit? Like she even brings the dudes around her family?
>>
>>16682045
>>16682045
It looks like you have contact with low income or lowsocial/ intelligent class of people, I would stop contat with people that behave like that, but as you said you are almost relatives, there is nothingyou could do, you would just make everyone hate you.
If things like that is ok for them and not ok for you they are not your people to deal with.Good luck
>>
It's fucked up that your family is letting their 14 year old daughter hang out and drink with 21 year olds or she's so poorly supervised that she can get away with it.

It's also fucked that your 21 year old friend is trying to fuck her up.

It's also fucked that she's been on dates at 13.

Basically everything is fucking shittery and you should flee from this cesspit of shittery if you are wise.
>>
>>16682086
Not to drink though. That's something they could be in trouble for, even if nothing sexual happened.
>>
>>16682107
It makes me nervous because he purposely got her drunk one night and brought her in a dark room until another friend of mine stopped it.
And yeah, her parents don't care. My fiance told his parents that she was drinking and they literally said "why did you snitch on her."
Idk man.
>>
>>16682116
*my in laws. My family would never allow this. I don't know what to do, I'll just be told it's not my place to criticize their parenting. They figure she's mature enough to do whatever she wants which is not true, she's still a child. Luckily my fiance was the weird one out of his siblings who didn't do stupid shit and knew better despite his parents not giving him attention
>>
>>16682125
I'm glad someone stopped him, but your friend sounds like a legit shitty person. You hang out with dudes that rape high school freshmen aged girls? What the fuck bro
>>
>>16682155
They came back from college, we went to high school together. They didn't used to be this way... I think they're just desperate or something but it's really bothering me. I cannot see him the same anymore
>>
>>16682166
Sit him down and talk about this shit. Your friend is not making good choices. I think it's a reasonable cause for concern especially if he knows she's 14 and he was cool with basically trying to rape her. Why doesn't your fiance or parents care? Do they know he's into getting little girls drunk?
>>
>>16682108
I plan on marrying my fiance lol, so it's kinda hard to avoid them altogether (although admittedly I do try at times) but I'm also afraid that someday when I have children, their grandparents will want to babysit them and I don't want them growing up that way.
>>
>>16682203
They are the least strict parents I've ever met. She's literally gone days at a time without telling them where and they don't care. They figure she can handle herself. It seems like they just don't care at all. My fiance has tried talking to them but they don't care.
>>
>>16682203
^ agreed. OP, I can understand that you are hesitant to criticize your in-laws' parenting methods, and they probably wouldn't listen to you on that front anyway.

But you seriously need to talk to your friend. Do you want him to go to jail for statutory rape/getting a minor drunk? He needs to realize that these actions harm him, too. One day someone is gonna call the cops on him, and then what? If you're his friend, then you owe it to him to at least try to steer him away from this path.
>>
>>16682045
This guy should no longer be your friend, OP. I would cut ties with him.

If her parents won't care, you could always tell his. Or you know, the police. He obviously plans on having sex with her if he hasn't already. This is legally rape. She is a child. Your friend is a gross pedo.
>>
>>16682045
what the fuck viper

they all sound fucked up
nigger you need to find some people in your life with fucking morals

I would literally break a guys legs got getting a 14 year old girl drunk and trying to have sex with her
if he was 18 it would be bad enough, but 21?
mane fuck that
>>
>>16682419
Trust me, I didn't know they were like this until now. I have other friends so it's not like I'm losing a lot cutting ties with this guy, but I also don't want to turn my back on it and pretend it's not happening. I care about her and I know she doesn't know better, she's young and dumb. But I want to protect her as I've been sexually assaulted before. It makes me really emotional to try talking to her about this kind of stuff, since I rarely talk about what happened to me. I don't want anything to happen to her...
>>
>>16682496
Whatever you do, don't outright tell her he wants to fuck her. This can have the wrong effect on young people who are curious about sex. You think you're warning her but she might stop listening after the lightbulb realization that she could easily have the sex with this specific person.

Find out if there's anyone decent her age around and tell her "I think that boy is into you". She will be distracted. It's a mindfuck, but it will decrease the pedo risks
>>
Kick the shit out of him.
>>
>>16682701
I'm a 5'2" petite girl. I don't think I could take him.
>>
File: 1449080589025.jpg (17KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1449080589025.jpg
17KB, 368x368px
Call the police and file a report. Fuck your "friend" he's using alcohol to try and rape a child.
>>
>>16682771
They wouldn't be able to do anything unless I had proof
>>
>>16682045
You're underreacting, you dumbass. By the way, is your fiance's name [spoiler]Sean[/spoiler] ?
>>
>>16682784
No lol that is not his name.
>>
>>16682778

Patently untrue.

When it comes to child protection laws, the law takes it very seriously. Accusation is all that is needed to press charges. Testimonials and witnesses to events are all that is needed for a conviction. These cases almost never have "evidence" so it is typically not required.
>>
>>16682778
I'm a dispatcher for the police in my city. Yes, they will.

At the very least they'll investigate, which will send the signal to your friend that he needs to fucking stop. Which is fine too.

Cooperate with them. Be prepared to give names, dates and places where alcohol was being provided to a minor.

People always think they need proof of wrong doing, but you actually don't, that's not your job. Make the report and the investigation turns up proof and evidence.
>>
>>16682798
This case sounds too familiar down to a tee to something I experienced. Could be paranoia but I don't believe you. Anyways dump him, you can do better than a pedophile enabler who doesn't take care of his little sister. Your daughter will be next.
>>
>>16682818
The friend is back in college now that break is over and won't be back until summer. His college is 4 hours away. Should I still tell the police? Will they do anything despite it being in different places? I know they didn't have sex or anything though
>>
>>16682824

My brother was found guilty of a misdemeanor charge, Corruption of a Minor.

This is because he was 22 and the girl was 15 at the time. The girls older sister saw them kissing and speculated they might have done something else. She told her dad. Her dad pressed charges. The girl denied it but her story was inconsistent on multiple retellings.

My parents spent about $25k on a good defense lawyer and he got it knocked down to a misdemeanor, not being on the sex offender registry and no jail time. 6 months community service for having a prior clean record.

This is all for just a single account of kissing.
>>
>>16682824
Depends on the particular force and where the crimes occurred, also on how cooperative you are. If you try to cherry pick details to protect someone, the police will pick up on it. Just answer their questions fully and honestly.

At the very least, a report will end up being filed and the police will take a close look at the guy.

In short, just do it.
>>
>>16682824
Distance has never been a problem for police. If you're genuinely concerned, they'll do their job.
>>
>>16682853
I think your case has more of a gray area since that girl was 15 and there's no proof it went beyond a kiss, but OP said there was drinking involved, and that's more serious. Also, at least OP isn't accusing him of having sex with her. I think as long as OP states the facts to the police w/o embellishment, that's the best she can do.
>>
>>16682886
Dispatcher here again.

Negative on this poster, I'm at work reviewing the section of law pertaining to this right now. The law will vary by state. In my state it's called enticement of a minor and is a felony.
>>
>>16682886
This poster is wrong. Given the extreme age difference it's definitely a crime. Depending on the state it may be a felony.
>>
>>16683749
>>16683766
Huh. I learn something new every day. Thank you so much for setting me straight, guys!
>>
>>16682729
Jump him with your BF. Bring a bat.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.