[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was coming back from my college's gym a month or two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1447804732494.png (249KB, 613x648px) Image search: [Google]
1447804732494.png
249KB, 613x648px
So I was coming back from my college's gym a month or two ago and struck up a conversation with a girl who lives nearby and goes here as well. At the end, she asked for my phone number, and we exchanged.

For some reason, she doesn't seemed to have replied to my texts. I'm 95% sure she actually didn't get them (since when I saw her again to ask why she didn't get them, her phone didn't show any texts from me).

I know she still goes here, but since I don't have any other means of contact aside from texting, I'm stuck between waiting if I see her again, or calling her.

TL;DR: Is it appropriate to call a girl who I think is interested in me, as texting isn't working?
>>
>>16680718
Stop being so needy. Women don't like that.
>>
>>16680718
Somehow in the texts you came off as creepy. Therefore she's been ignoring you and deleting them, or has your number on her blocked list.

Move on...
>>
>>16680767
My texts were as such
>Hey (Girl), its Anon. You seem like a fun chick, we should hang out sometime. Think you'll be busy Thursday evening?

The next day, I sent
>This is (Girl), right?

The day after
>Test message, lemme know if you got this

I don't see the creep factor, but I can see how it was needy like what >>16680755 suggested. Yeah I guess I should move on.

What should I do if I see her again? Ignore her, or just be friendly to her but not try again?
>>
>>16680965
She may have gotten turned off by the wording of your first message. Next time try being a bit more casual but concrete. "I'm planning on going to (place) on (day). Want to come?"

Also don't sweat it when even that approach doesn't work. that's life. The follow-up messages were completely unnecessary.

>Test message
Chop your balls off.
>>
>>16680965
She is ignoring you, and pretends she does not receive your texts. She obviously regrets asking for your number, as maybe she believed it was platonic.

Ignore her. She is only nice in person as you both use the gym.
>>
>>16680981
The test message part was because I was having texting difficulties even amongst my friends, I wanted to make sure my phone wasn't acting up.
>>
>>16680965

You could call her, or even try asking her out in person. I mean, what have you got to lose? She hasn't said "no," so it wouldn't be creepy or needy to keep trying. Don't listen to the other posters in this thread, you're getting advice from losers who are terrified of rejection and give up at the first sign of difficulty.

There's a good chance she did ignore your texts, but it's still worth a try. If she doesn't pick up and doesn't call back, or if she gives you an excuse and turns down the date, then you should take the hint and move on. But at this stage of the game, I think you should still give it another shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

...you probably shouldn't call her a "fun chick" again, though
>>
>>16680995
Yes, he should pursue her even after being ignored. Not a matter of rejection, you alpha you, but not making the gym uncomfortable.

This will certainly end well.

:^)
>>
>>16681008

She's the one who asked for his number in the first place, he's not off-base by trying. And believe it or not, it doesn't really have to be "uncomfortable" if you ask someone out and they say no. They probably won't be best buds at the gym, but it's fine, this is a completely normal part of adult life.

What are you so afraid of? What's the worst that could happen if he calls her up, or sees her at the gym and says "hey want to get a bite to eat later?"
>>
File: 1449453567887.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449453567887.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>16681008
She doesn't work out. I wasn't at the gym when I met her, I actually met her while she was looking at an art wall. She's in a totally different stream than me, in a year above me and we shares no friends that I know of.

I've seen her around like 3 times TOTAL in the 5 months I've been here. If I fuck up, there isn't much in the way of repercussions.
>>
>>16680988
Dude just own up to being a faggot. We've all made cringe mistakes with someone. Just laugh it off and learn from it.
>>
>>16681027
>>16680995
What should I say when I call her? Should I just be like "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while, do you wanna get coffee?" or "Hey I'm doing a thing and was wondering if you wanted to join me?"?

I don't think acknowledging that she hasn't responded to my texts is a good idea.
>>
>>16682007
Any suggestions?
>>
>>16682359
>>16682007
Welp, nevermind, the number wasn't even assigned.

Huh, I wonder where I fucked up since SHE asked me for my number. Oh well.
>>
>>16682377
Wat
>>
Fuck these guys in this thread.
>you seem like a fun chick
This isn't even bad. There's no way saying this made her ignore you... What I would do is ask her out in person. Maybe you accidentally put down the wrong number
>>
This is the equivalent of when some massively fat whore asked for my phone number, and I gave her the number for the local funeral home. I told her to call me the next day, a couple hours after they open. Entertaining, to me at least.
>>
>>16682483
Except she asked ME for MY number. Dunno why she game me a bum number but whatever.

>>16682455
You think I should ask her about it when I see her next?
>>
>>16682666
??? Any suggestions ???
>>
>>16683187
Final bump I guess.
>>
>>16682666
>>16683187
>>16684485
Just ask her out in person dammit. Women don't have this psychic ability to sense betaness/'can't smell your weakness' and all that other bullshit everyone else is spewing in this thread. What you've done is reasonable.The onus is on her and you've done more than enough already. Just ask her out/talk to her in person and if she's avoiding you she's a lying bitch that leads guys on, next her and get a better one. If she really missed your messages and doesn't have anything from you on her phone then be calm talk with her, see if she's still open to going out with you and go for it.
>>
>>16684595
Okay, well by sheer luck I saw here again today, and she didn't seem as into me. I asked for a way of contacting her, but she wasn't sure (even though she has a twitter account).

I guess she's just not that into me. Whatever. I have other girls that I'm gonna ask out soon enough, she's someone I have no connection to.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the help.
>>
>>16680718

>appropriate

god i dont think you know what appropriate means.

even if its not whats the worst that would fucking happen? shes not going to screencap her call history, add all your friends on facebook and be like 'LOL I CANT BELIEVE ANON ACTUALLY DIALED MY NUMBER WHAT A FUCKING LOSER HOW INNAPROPRIATE LOLOL'

think for a minute. its a fucking phone call. she might find it a bit odd but considering she doesnt get your text she wont think its that weird. if she is in fact interested in you at all it wont matter anyway. call her up at an appropriate evening hour and ask her to hang out somewhere specific.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.