[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i feel like a dick to my friends.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: idk.jpg (20KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
idk.jpg
20KB, 400x388px
I have 2 friends and they are in very wealthy family's.

My birthday was last month on the 28th. They ended up both giving me gifts around 200$-500$. Now i'm stuck with nothing to give them back because im not in a extremely wealthy family, mid class. I feel like a major dick for this.

I feel like im THAT friend who jut uses others for expensive shit.
Any ideas what to do?

but then why did i come to 4chan for this problem?
because i have no life what so ever on other sites.
>>
>>16678834
Take them out to the movies or do something that is experience based rather than material goods.
>>
>>16678839
think I haven't tried that before, i have and they have seen almost all the new movies i state in theaters.
>>
So they spent their families' money on your present? Then you're under no obligation to spend as much on them as they did on you. It's not like they earned that money themselves
>>
Those were gifts, man. People don't give gifts because they're expecting an equal gift in return. They just gave you nice shit because they wanted you to have it, and because of their financial circumstance, the price tag doesn't mean the same thing to them as it does to you. I'm sure they meant it to make you feel good, not to make you all guilty and insecure because you can't afford to buy gifts like that.

You're definitely not THAT friend, you didn't ask them to spend money on you, they did it by choice. Try not to feel so bad about this stuff, if they treat you like an equal and they don't make a weird thing out of the difference in wealth, try not to do that to them either.
>>
>>16678850
thats incorrect, they get money from their parents most of the time, almost as an allowance but not doing shit to get it, so
in a way, they use their own money,
>>
>>16678857
Yeah, but they haven't earned it.
>>
>>16678861
i know but still, they over did it with fucking 500$ gifts! Im stuck in a hole of shit
>>
>>16678866
Spend what you can afford. They should understand that you can't afford to spend what they can, and if they get upset, they're not the sort of people you want to be friends with anyway
>>
>>16678874
THIS
>>
A present has two values. Its use to the recipient and the effort the giver invested in it. Since your friends are from rich families, they probably didn't invest much effort at all in blowing away hundreds of dollars. Much as you wouldn't in blowing away whatever an appropriate price for you is.
>>
>>16678834
well anon I'm wealthy and I sometimes feel like I'm buying friends

the issue goes both ways, hence why I hate presents; such a jewish thing.

don't try to match them, you give relative to how much you have
as long as it's clear your gift was thoughtful it's unlikely anyone would think anything of it at all
>>
i always get expensive gifts for my friends because i have a well of family. from personal experience i can say the bast thing to give in this situation is something home made or thoughtful. the price dosent matter
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.