[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw someone kill themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
Yesterday morning I was walking towards the bus stop and less than 200 feet in front of me a man jumped off a 6 story building, he faceplanted right into the ground. I'm shaking. I was with him while a man across the street ran and called the police. He was still alive, but I didn't say anything. I was in shock. He was moving his shoulders but died right there in front of me moments after. I didn't see a ton of blood, but he just looked very broken.. I can't eat or sleep. It was so bad. Maybe I should have given him words of comfort. I literally couldn't speak, my mouth for some reason went dry, I couldn't say anything if I tried.
>>
sorry for all the typos, didn't read it over
>>
man that's fucking awful to have witnessed, but really, there's nothing you could've said even if you hadn't gone into shock like 99% of the population would've. like there's literally nothing you can say that sounds okay:

>are you okay?

>oh my god why?

>it's going to be okay

there's nothing. so don't fret about it.
>>
I don't blame you. You stayed there with him at least, instead of just leaving.

Talk about it and get it out.
>>
Yeah I've seen a few people die unexpectedly before. Never a suicide, but a guy got hit by a car right in front of me and smashed his head open like a melon on the windshield. Shit happens, and sometimes you're there to see it. Death is just a part of life, and all that cliche bullshit.

The image will stick with you forever, but the shock will wear off. You're going to be fine. As the other anon said, there's nothing you could've said or done, and you reacted the same way anyone would.
>>
>>16676625
This right here is why suicide threads piss me off.
No matter how you do it someone will be inconvenienced whether it's a hospital, the polic search, the forensics team, whatever. You will incovenience people and cause people (mainly taxpayers) more trouble than you're worth.
>>
File: 05pn1.jpg (33KB, 435x272px) Image search: [Google]
05pn1.jpg
33KB, 435x272px
I feel you OP. I was chilling at a friends house with me and two buds and we heard an airplane kind of plummeting to the ground. It crashed about 100 yards away from us and we ended up bolting over to see if there were any survivors.

Come to find out that the two who died were a father and son going out together for a ride. I felt sick and disgusted looking at the burning corpses. Said a prayer even though I'm not religious.

All in all, it was a fucked up experience, but I'm still alive and I know that I won't be making any of the mistakes the pilot made and you know OP that you won't be jumping off any balcony's anytime soon. Just be glad that you're alive and well. (hopefully)
>>
>>16676625
OP that is fantastic! Now you know how to do it once you're ready to try it yourself. What a swell guy he was to give you a demonstration.
>>
Therapy
>>
File: 1449879526400.jpg (177KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1449879526400.jpg
177KB, 800x820px
>>16676625
>Maybe I should have given him words of comfort.
Mate, I honestly wouldn't sweat that one too much. He wouldn't have understood the words you were saying, chances are he wouldn't have even heard them - there's a whole world of difference between someone who is alive and somone who is in the process of dying but just hasn't finished yet. Also remember that it wouldn't have changed anything. It wouldn't have mattered if you found the perfect words to say or if you'd whipped out your phone and filmed yourself next to him saying "lel n0sc0ped by teh pavement get rekt M7.5", he'd still be just as dead either way - which is exactly what he was aiming for.
>>
>>16676660
This right here is why vocally anti-suicide people piss me off.
No matter the reason why or what the person was going through, they will be considered all the same and having done so trivially. The professions you mentioned are paid to deal with that, they knew they might have to deal with that, so it shouldn't be considered an "inconvenience to them".
>>
>>16676625
Honestly man don't be sad. You were with that person in their last moments of existence. Whatever theywere going through to make them jump is shitty but because of you they didn't die alone. But seeing that and experiencing that is definitely fucked up and jarring to say the least.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.