[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Customer service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20140401042953595.jpg (42KB, 634x379px) Image search: [Google]
20140401042953595.jpg
42KB, 634x379px
>Be a nigger
> managers love me at my job
> Eyewitnesses to customers giving me good compliments and me actually doing my job right, spoken agreements from every manager that knows I'm here to get shit done
> Still get complaints and written warning on record without explanations from customers
Damn, nobody told me being black and NOT a waste was this hard.
>>
Its an odd one man. Did CS as well and didn't really see any of the racism face to face, but I had a good white female friend who later said repeatedly she had remarked back to people who refused to get served by me or made comments that I was her BF etc.

Frankly I was shocked, but racism in the UK in London is pretty underhanded.

Otherwise I loved it, like I said, no abuse to my face.
>>
>>16674238
A bigger part of me really doesnt want to believe its racisim, but fuck its stressful when people give baseless remarks behind your back and then it feels like management is breathing down your neck for it and no one gives any reasons why. Its an easy job to boot
>>
>>16674100

Some customers are just assholes; you just need to deal. If you're good with the managers, doesn't really matter.
>>
>>16674348
>people give baseless remarks behind your back and then it feels like management is breathing down your neck for it and no one gives any reasons why
this shit can be so crazymaking. no matter who you are, black, white, male, female, whatever, there are always going to be haters, petty people or people that are just having a shit day and want to take you down with them. everybody gets shit in their life. we all know that. BUT then you sit down and compare notes and you can see you're getting more shit than your non-minority counterparts. but most people are so polite to your face and only talk behind your back; or if they're rude you don't really get a chance to find out whether they're shitting on you because of who you are or because of a legit problem. like, how can you fix what's wrong with your personality/behaviour/whatever if you don't even know which complaints are real? it could be all of them, or none, or half and half. and then you don't even dare call people out on it because you don't want to unjustly accuse anybody or make it look like you're playing a race card or whatever.

the sjw term for this shit is microaggressions. kind of a silly word I think, but the theory behind it kinda makes some sense I guess.

but yeah, pretty much all you can do is pick your battles, and the rest of the time just deal and try to be the better person. good to hear that you have people on your side, and I hope your bosses are putting notes in your file right alongside the complaints and shit, to set the record straight that you're actually doing a good job.
>>
>>16674354
One of the ones I talk to the most said that once too so that's very reassuring. Thanks

>>16674450
Fucking this all day.
>>
I don't understand. How do you know it's an issue of race if the complaints and warnings were unexplained? You don't even have a hint of what they could have been about?
>>
>>16674100
Hey OP, I also have to fight with underhanded bullshit.
I am not black, but being an immigrant doesn't exempt you from the same treatment.
I am always handed shit jobs although I have a variety of work experience and have always been regarded as a good worker.
Nobody's perfect, but no one wants you to be better than them either.
It is very frustrating.
>>
>>16674892
I know I can't call it racism for sure, its just at the back of my head when

>Only black guy that works at my job

Normally I never bother with it.
>>
>>16674892
Also 90% of complaints I see tend to get explanations or when a coworker has an incident with someone it's very clear what's happening. Like if a customer is yelling at someone and it shows up as a complaint we get more explained with them than myself
>>
Fellow brownfag here. You'll get treated like shit by white people, and you'll also get treated like shit by your same race. Sometimes the latter is worse and more racially-biased. Just letting you know that it kinda sucks no matter what.
>>
>>16675556
>>16674354
>>16674238
Come to think of it does it make any difference that most of the customers are elderly? I work at a Walgreens for context.
>>
>>16675574

It makes a huge difference.

Also keep in mind that writeups are pretty common on customer service. Even attractive people will get shit from jealous fatties. Learn to roll with the punches, amigo.
>>
>>16675593
Not a problem. >>16674354 's good with managers comment took all the weight off because one of my managers said that to me before. The thoughts are still there but I don't feel too strongly about it now.
>>
>>16674100
White people deal with that shit too. It's just a part of corporations. It either means one of the higher ups just doesn't like you for whatever reason, or if your evaluations are related to your raises, then your bosses are pressured to give people worse reviews than they deserve so that they don't have to give as many raises. I've given evaluations out before, and got yelled at by my boss' boss that I needed to give out fewer good reviews for that reason.
>>
>>16675619
>bosses are pressured to give people worse reviews than they deserve so that they don't have to give as many raises

That is fucked.
>>
>>16675619
I don't think you read his post very closely. He's been getting bad reviews from customers, not from his managers. He works in retail.

Putting that aside, you're not wrong that some bosses are like that, but as a white guy I don't find it at all unbelievable that the situation might be noticeably worse for a black man (particularly if he's the only black man.) I think you're a little bit naive or perhaps being willfully ignorant if you really dispute that. Enough people are still uncomfortable around black men, even without really being cognizant of it, for it to unfortunately be a factor.
>>
>>16674100
Same thing happens with everyone.
You get bad reviews from retarded customers no matter what color you are.
Just ignore it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.