[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Be at a bookstore checking one of them bookshelfs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1452402370061.jpg (21KB, 480x464px) Image search: [Google]
1452402370061.jpg
21KB, 480x464px
>Be me
>Be at a bookstore checking one of them bookshelfs
>Qt is also checking one like 3 mts away
>Look at her
>Look at her again. She was lookin at me and stops when I do. This happens twice.
>She moves to the bookshelf next to which I'm checking
>Spaghetti.gif
>Take the book I was looking for, pay it and get out of the bookstore

Did I lose an oportunity?
>>
yes and no.
That happens constantly, it's up to you whether you have balls to do something about it, it takes balls to get a girl... There's no repercussion if you fail, you'll never see them again so man up
>>
Maybe. Or maybe she was playing with you. Next time use the spaghetti to find out, via spoken word.
>>
>>16671954
How mane. It would be creepy as fuck to come up like "yo what book you looking for tell me about it" imo.
>>
>>16672000
Use the spaghetti. No one really gives a shit about books, only fucking and not dying.
>>
>>16672000
No, there's always exist conversation starters.
Make up some bullshit, hey, are you that new girl from the other class.. Hey, are you my best friends sister/cousin.. Oh, are you looking for that book, me too, interested in xx...?
>>
>>16672000
well if you're in that kind of situation just put yourself in her place and think of something you wouldn't mind being asked. It's a good thing you were in a book store because you can assume you at least have one thing in common so you could say something book related.
>>
>>16671947
She was thinking "Who is that creep staring at me?"
>>
File: 1410140639972.jpg (59KB, 465x411px) Image search: [Google]
1410140639972.jpg
59KB, 465x411px
>>16671947
>>16672000
Here is a tried and true method of talking to people, even strangers, and with a little practice it can be used to get people to like you very quickly. It's called the "A.R.E." method.
>A: Anchor
The Anchor is a shared experience between both you and your target. A hard test that you just took, the rain that you just stepped out of, the traffic you both got caught in on the way to work, the weird smell in the bookstore you're both in. Anything that links the two of you together.
Example: "Dr. Landis is hilarious!"
>R: Reveal
The Reveal is something you share about yourself which is related to the Anchor that you started off with..
Example: I’ve tried to get into Dr. Landis’ class for three semesters, and this is the first time I was able to land a spot.
>E: Encourage
The Encourage is when you move the subject of the conversation from you to your target. This is when you get to ask them how they feel about the Anchor, in a way that logically flows from the Reveal.
Example: Did you have a hard time getting into the class?

Employing the ARE method makes conversation starters a breeze, and you can continue the conversation by asking follow-up questions and commenting on their responses. People love to talk about themselves, so keeping things focused on them is smart, but keep them feeling at ease by remembering to Reveal more about yourself as follow-ups to their answers.

It sounds cheesy but it helped me get my social life back after being a cocoon mode NEET for a few years and losing all my social skills. People will think of you as a close friend and/or romantic interest even after only a day if you can get them to answer questions like "What's your dream job?" and "What would be your perfect day?".
>>
>>16672411
This except for me its the AREF method.
The F is after they tell me how easy or difficult it was to get into Dr. Landis class I say "Well do you want to make sum Fuck?"
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 720x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 720x597px
>>16672411
Sauce plox
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.