[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody actually gone out and tried to get help with their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Has anybody actually gone out and tried to get help with their social/anxiety issue?

How's the effort been going?

I feel I should finally get help but I know SSRIs are brain killing drugs and the whole thing is feeling like you have a positive connection with somebody
>>
>>16671571
I improved myself by spending months talking to random strangers on Omegle, forming a conversation voice, a way of talking to people, and then after a while real life situations became slightly easier.
>>
>>16671584
That's another problem i have though, i don't care for human interaction really. It's too stressful and pointless to me.

I literally don't want anything for my life.
>>
>>16671699
Then maybe you don't want to make friends?

Unless you're depressed (you mentioned SSRIs). In that case, I recommend dealing with the depression simultaneously, and easing into it. You might feel more motivated then.
>>
>>16671706
Don't they give you SSRI for anxiety?

I don't care for humans but I know I have to interact with them especially when I get any type of job.
>>
>>16671571
Got that costume, good for winter
>>
Don't worry about medicating yourself. There's nothing wrong with you, only your circumstances. You are in fact the sole force of righteousness within this universe. What I mean by that is you only have your feelings by way of navigating the place; and if your feeling is fear, it's so for a reason. Your fear is your best friend, since it's what keeps you alive. Dulling it with drugs or other mass delusions can only worsen the real problem.
>>
>>16671571
Yes, I got a job in retail.
6 months later I started feeling ok, year later I'm confident, 2 years later fears all but go... Still get a odd day but that mush better than everyday.
>>
>>16671976

Job in retail actually might help best, I was much the same, awkward and shit.

Got a job in sales and all that shit went away.

Didn't deal with my depression at all, stress was still pretty bad. But at least I could interact with people and not feel like shit about it.
>>
>>16671959

I like you
>>
>>16671717
>Don't they give you SSRI for anxiety?
They can, but there are whole other classes of medications out there, both for anxiety and for depression, that can also be tried.

SSRIs are brain-killing drugs for many people: you have to have exactly the right forms of depression for them to qork properly, and even then your dosage must not be too high (nor too low, or they just won't work, but that's a different problem). But when properly administered in the right kind of case, they're as close to the opposite of brain-killing as one gets. You just need the right match.
>>
>>16671970
I know all of this but I'm stuck in a loop I can't get out of
>>16672094
If I had benzos I'd be fine but le short term
>>
>>16672130
What's the issue?
>>
>>16672144
I'm stuck in a constant surrounding of negativity my entire life and have social anxiety/general anxiety and so I can't just get a job and leave.
>>
>>16672179
Yeah, me too. But if you want to join a new tribe, you're going to have to pull hard. Those charismatic people who make friends easily are pulling hard. That's life. Strangers are dangerous.

There is no easy fix.
>>
I tried so hard, and got so far. In the end it doesn't even matter. I had to fall, to lose it all. In the end, it doesn't even mateeerrrrrRRRRRrrrrRRRrrr
>>
God I have generalized anxiety disorder, and my social anxiety goes into full retard when I'm in a work setting. Whenever there is some expectation put on me, I'm freaking out inside because I know I won't be good enough. Why live...
>>
>>16672186
I don't even know where to start with anything

I've never been taught how to be a normie or get a job. I've been alone my whole lyf.
>>
I feel simultaneously like I'll be doing the wrong thing if I do or don't get help, but it's easier and less frightening to do nothing.
>>
One day doing nothing will no longer be an option. But that is not this day.
>>
>>16672203
this
>>16672205
this is what scares me
>>
Like the other anons in this thread, I got a job in retail which forces me to interact and socialize with people/strangers. I took it to challenge myself, like jumping into the deep end if the pool. I also initially walked myself into the local mental health centre for youths, and had a few sessions with their counselors and psychologists.

Another thing that may or may not have helped me were drugs. Acid, mdma, and ketamine seem beneficial when used properly. I only take them once every few (3-6) months. But I would strongly advise you not to take any of these while yon SSRIs. It can be dangerous.

Healthy alternatives are also:
-exercise
-eating well
-sleeping earlier

I still struggle to do those 3 above, but I'm gradually getting there. Baby steps, my friend :)
>>
>>16672395
>drugs
How do I find a dealer? I live in the slums so there's probably nothing but crack and shitty weed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.