[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I have a legal question. I have a recording where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wrist-snap.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
wrist-snap.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
Hey /adv/

I have a legal question. I have a recording where my roommate threatens to go lie to the landlord to get rid of me and he admits he threatened to plant weed in my room.

Assuming I can prove my recording is legal, what should I do to get him in the most legal trouble possible?
>>
I feel like that sort of evidence would be inadmissible in any court of law. Why not go and see a lawyer if you plan to pursue legal action anyway?
>>
Why not just talk to the landlord and tell them what's been going on?
>>
In alot of states in the US it is dismissible in court if you don't have the recorded persons permission
>>
>>16670175
I live in a one party consent state. And I'm a participant of the conversation.
>>
you hire a lawyer
>>
>>16670160
>>16670175
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of recording someone? You aren't going to get anything out of someone if you ask them first.

A quick Google told me only 11 states require 2-party consent, so that's good that it's so small.
>>
>>16670167
this, show it to the landlord, not the police
>>
>>16670181
Being a participant in the conversation doesn't change the fact that he didn't consent to being recorded

>>16670208
It depends on where you live and what the laws and rules of evidence are. They're not the same everywhere
>>
>>16670219
If it's a state law, why would "where you live" matter if the state is one party consent? Also,
>he didn't consent to being recorded
The guy wants to frame OP and kick him out of his place, but boo-fucking-hoo he didn't know his bullshit was being documented. That's what's wrong with 2 party consent laws.
>>
>>16670134
It won't go to court. Play the recording to your landlord, who will at the very least ignore your roommate's charge against you, and probably throw him out as a troublemaker.
>>
>>16670250
>If it's a state law, why would "where you live" matter if the state is one party consent? Also,
Because we don't know where OP lives and therefore can't advise him properly?
>>
Nigga if he talking bout planting weed in YOUR room it's still Y'ALL'S house so couldn't he get in trouble too? I think he's just trying to bullshit a bullshitter you both sound like negative Nancy gossip girls why tf would you snitch on him when he's trying to snitch on you? Two wrongs don't make a right quit being so spiteful move back to your mom's house and pour bleach on your pc so I never have to see your wack ass on 4chan again nigga
>>
If he's trying not to get framed, making a preliminary move could be the smartest move, but waiting until he tries it would be more dramatic but could also have an unforeseen risk of failure.
>>
>>16670219
Actually if it's a "one party" consent that means if OP is making the recording and in the recording he is the consenting party and it upholds. The other person does not have to consent.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.