[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and want to move out. I currently live with my mother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1449955296891.gif (39KB, 405x429px) Image search: [Google]
1449955296891.gif
39KB, 405x429px
I'm 19 and want to move out. I currently live with my mother and her boyfriend. No need to tell my sob-story, but suffice it to say my living situation is much less than ideal.

I make $12/hr and work 30 hours a week. However the problem is that because of my lack of credit I can't even get approved to live in an apartment that is $500/month. My only potential room mate right now is my girlfriend, but she is 17, and therefore cannot sign on a lease.

Only one of my friends is moved out, and he is locked into a lease. All of my other friends live at home and have no serious intention of moving out.

Are there any other options or am I SOL until my girlfriend turns 18? I live in America if that helps.
>>
Why do you want to live in a villa. No one can be expected to live in a big place once they leave the home.. Try something cheaper..
>>
>>16669459
500/mo IS pretty cheap for an apartment here in the US, depending on where you live
>>
Find something cheaper in the US.
>>
Move to the uk its better over here than US
>>
>>16669459
Mate I'm not sure where you live, but a 300 square foot studio for $500 is the cheapest I've been able to find.

I saw an ad for two old ladies renting out a basement for $400, but they had Jewish surnames and a wrought iron fence in their front yard. So that sounded like a worse living situation than what I'm currently in.

$500 is the cheapest I've been able to find withing 30 miles of my job.
>>
>>16669449
have you tried advertising for a roommate already?
>>
>>16669493
No, I don't think I'd like living with a roommate at all though. Most people are dreadfully boring, irritating, and inconsiderate, to me at least. I'm sure plenty of people would think the same of me.
>>
>>16669472
That is ridiculously cheap for where I live. It's not even a big city
>>
>>16669485
How much better? Wouldn't entirely be opposed to moving to Europe as I have virtually no family in the US and obviously want to get away from my mother.
>>
Instead of an apartment go rent a home or room. Then you just deal with a landlord instead of a Apt manager.
>>
You can always buy an rv. U can usually get one for like a grand, and insurance is cheap as fuck. Rv parks are in ur price range.
>>
>>16669500
If you don't want to live with people then you are severely limiting your own options mate. You need a better job, or a second job, if you're gonna make it on your own.
>>
>>16669605
I want to live with my GF, or some of my friends. But my gf can't move out, and my friends act like they want to, but none of them are serious. I always try to get them to go look at apartments with me, but they never do.
>>16669594
Interesting idea. I'd be shocked if I found one for a grand, but this is creative. I like it.
>>
A rlly shitty rv for sure, but ive seen them in that margin on craigalist often.
>>
>>16669812
Where do you live? I just checked my craigslist, and the cheapest RV I found was a 1975 rape van that needed restoration for $2800
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.