[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minor meltdown w/ 'friends'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: notgood.jpg (559KB, 3072x2044px) Image search: [Google]
notgood.jpg
559KB, 3072x2044px
So, guys,

Girlfriend ended up dragging me to some stupid dinner with our stupid friends, which I usually bail on, because they like to drop 100$ per person tabs at fancy restaurants.

Had a pretty bad incident with one of the friends in the social circle.

He was ribbing me, saying, anon, how come you never go out with us, we all know you can afford it, we've seen your house and your car,

And then he droned on for another 2 solid fucking minutes, ended up calling me "cheap" and I sort of had a meltdown.

I stood up, told him "that's why I have a nicer car than you and a nicer house and a girlfriend that doesn't look like a cow- because I don't go and drop $100 a night on dinner even though I can afford to drop $1000 a night on dinner- with your salary you should stay at home eating beans and try to pay off the 30 year adjustable on your shack' and fix her nose (points at his girlfriend) followed by some childish namecalling, and then I stormed out.

So uh, what now? None of my 'friends' have contacted me since. Girlfriend is "furious".

Is there uh, some recourse here or did I fuck up.
>>
You could try apologizing and saying that you are under a lot of stress and you just blew up at the wrong people. But there's no guarantee that will fix anything.
>>
no that was hot, i'd date you.

just let her cool off, dude sounded like a douche anyway
>>
Well.
I think you fucked up, but that was funny to read !

Anyway, I think you should wait a bit and try to talk to this guy again, or at least your other "friends".
Maybe they will understand if they hear your point of view.
>>
>>16668778
If you'd just said "that's how i have a nice house and car", you'd have been golden. Just do you know for the future.

As for your current situation, if you want to continue being friends, I'd call him and apologize. Then I'd call his girlfriend and apologize. Then don't contact them until they contact you. Hopefully they'll forgive and forget.
>>
>>16668793

I don't know really have to many friends. All of my friends worked with me at my old company, when that company went under we stole all the clients and now we all work 90 hours weeks- they have no time for me, plus, we are competitors.

>>16668795

Here's the thing: I don't really give a fuck. This is my girlfriend's stupid high school and college friends that I couldn't give less of a shit about.

I just want her to stop being mad because my balls are getting full.
>>
haha oh shit OP

I dunno, in these situations I feel like your anger is justified. I get that people banter with each other, but there comes a point where it should drop off and the subject should be changed, and if someone insists on taking it to the next level by refusing to stop, they should be ready to deal with the consequences (i.e. being blown up on). It wasn't necessarily good that you lost your cool - it shows a lack of self-control - but it's understandable, and the truth hurts. If you're gonna dish it, be prepared to take it.

You probably should apologize for the name-calling, it would be polite, but yeah I don't think there's any repairing this. It doesn't sound like you ever vibed with these people, and you just said out loud what most of us think in our heads. Consider it a good thing you won't be hanging around these people anymore if that's how you feel about them.
>>
>>16668806
Still then, it might help placate her because "you're doing your best to fix it, blah blah blah"
>>
you were under stress besides having to go to the dinner and this guy's nagging, right?
>>
>>16668778
You clearly don't like these people that much, and so if this is what breaks the friendship, then fine.

There's a reason you put "friends" in quotations - you don't like them.

Seriously though, what happened, happened. Regretting it and apologizing is only something that's important if you actually give a shit about the person that you offended. Sometimes in life, you have to be around people you don't like - at work, mostly - but when you're trying to enjoy yourself, what the hell does it matter.
>>
>>16668778
You sound like a jackass. I'm surprised you have a girlfriend at all.
>>
>>16669235

Yeah- no shit. But that's no excuse for bad behaviour- everyone that makes good money is stressed, has high blood pressure, graying hair, bags under their eyes- it comes with the territory.

>>16669272

But I don't feel sorry, and I don't regret it- so I guess, what I'm asking, is what do I do about my girlfriend being mad?

Because that's my only pain point here- I need to eliminate it, and then the problem is solved.

I don't know I guess my question here is how do I make my gf less mad.

because I haven't been in a realtionship that lasted more than a month for a long time and I forget how this stuff works, usually, I have an arguement with girlfriend, I blow up at her, 'If you dont like it so much get out I'll call up your sister next time im horny' she leaves crying, never calls me back.

So I'm trying to avoid that because I like her.

>>16669291

why? I have money tuts
>>
File: mai_anz.jpg (73KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
mai_anz.jpg
73KB, 500x476px
>>16668778
>ended up calling me "cheap"

what are you a walking atm machine that has to worship her pussy with expensive dates, anniversaries, and valentines date? fuck that shit and that guy.
>>
>>16669291
it seems op has money, thats why he has a gf
>>
>>16669320
just tell her all that
>>
>>16668778
sounds like a fantasized story
>>
shit OP, i get it, you were in the right in explaining that you use your money wisely. beyond that, you're shallow. calling someone a cow, talking about your balls getting full. unless that guy is also so shallow that he only settled with someone overweight because he can do no better and doesn't actually care about her personality, you crossed the line there on him. and regardless, you crossed the line on her
>>
>>16668806
>>16668806
You're probably hurting your gf with this too. Her friends maybe blame her as well for your acting. You're not doing her a favor senpai
>>
I really wouldn't blame them for never talking to you again and your girlfriend for dumping you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.