[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who should I listen to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dress.jpg (77KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
77KB, 500x650px
I created a thread asking about what it is like to work as a professional model (it got archived when I am away):
http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/16663535/#16663535
Everyone says something different. A guy talks about how he lives comfortably as a model yet another guy says that what he is saying is bullshit and far from reality. A retoucher talks about how it is hard to truly make a career out of modelling. Who should I listen to? Who is telling the truth?
>>
It really depends what agency you plan to model for, however it is quite common to face injustice and be exploited in the modelling industry.
>>
>>16666180
So is it comfortably to make a living and live comfortably as a model? The links posted in that archived thread tend to be about how models earn close to nothing as their agents collect a lot of their money and some models don't get paid in catwalks/trial photoshoots.
>>
It depends what you look like and what contacts you have.

Nobody can give a good answer as its going to unique to your situation.
>>
>>16666354
I am trying to ask if the modelling industry exploits girls as much as those news articles say.
>>
File: 62P.jpg (61KB, 475x375px) Image search: [Google]
62P.jpg
61KB, 475x375px
>>16666369
I would say that the real modeling industry is not particularly exploitative. Rather, there are disreputable types that take advantage of noobs, telling them they need to pay for glamor shots, modeling lessons and so forth.
>>
>>16666588
Well I woulf call that somewhat explotuve.
Thete are stories if how some models earn almost nothing and have to eat celery for dinner every night. Is that true?
>>
>>16666140
Modeling is just above liberal art majors, in terms of actual usefulness/appeal to the general public.
>>
>>16666633
Evidence please
>>
>>16666748
Just what I see around m8. You might have other experiences.
>>
>>16666769
Well...
>>
>>16666369
News articles usually look for sensationalism, so they often find a few cases of something that's outrageous and present it as the common issue.

There are a lot of different cases, it depends of each one... Also, the most logic approach is that it's hard to find a career in modeling unless you're preselected. Nevertheless, I think it may be hard.

In your case, you should prbably start doing it for free with freelance photographers and then try to use those pics to get a modeling agency's attention.
>>
>>16667281
By the way, I know a lot of girls that so modeling for fun, just for the ego boost and the pics. They do it for free (so do a lot of people) on the side of what they usually do.

You shouldn't put all your career hopes on modeling, work, study or something and try getting into it at the same time. It's not like it will occupy all of your time anyways, considering that a photoshoot takes around 3 hours and can be scheduled...
>>
>>16667285
Ah that makes sense. Any hope of pursuing modelling as a career though?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.