[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am having some issues getting my first job after completing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mod.jpg (64KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
mod.jpg
64KB, 500x355px
I am having some issues getting my first job after completing undergrads in computer science and information technology. One of the jobs I got turned down for I didn't notice required a few comp tia certs that I am currently working on but mainly my issue is that the positions in my area only for more senior engineers and my work experience while in the industry is only partially related so I can't get an interview for those spots.

Anyone have any advice for getting my first job? Maybe tapping industries that need developers and IT people that I haven't thought of?
>>
I'm also in IT. everyone has stressed that you need an internship while in college, did you look for one while you were still in school?
>>
>>16665754

I worked as a junior sysadmin for four years.
>>
>>16665784
What happened to that job?
>>
It also depends on where you live. Some places are just not kind to the tech field.
>>
>>16665816

Contract ended.

>>16665849

I'm in a suburb north of Los Angeles. I just don't want to commute into the city because fuck Los Angeles.
>>
>>16665875
That's where the money is like it or not. Your options are LA, San Fran, or Washington.
>>
>>16665909

Of course I have thought about taking a new grad job down there for a while and trying to work my way up. It would be a massive pay cut for me and there is no guarantee that I'd be able to parlay it into a non-retard job, plus there is always the chance that I'll just be ignored due to being overqualified.

I just finished the programs last month and I am still waiting for my transcripts so I have a little time to think about what I should be doing.
>>
>>16665714

You working with a recruiter? They can help when you have no contacts in the professional field.

Also think beyond just the tech companies. Many many companies you would never dream of hire in house software developers. The work isn't always the most exciting and the projects may suck but at this point of your career you want to eat some shit and get to Intermediate level.
>>
>>16665982

>Maybe tapping industries that need developers and IT people that I haven't thought of?

Must have missed this part of the OP.
>>
Last bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.