[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more interesting? I feel really boring, like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1447105102809.jpg (15KB, 464x351px) Image search: [Google]
1447105102809.jpg
15KB, 464x351px
How do I become more interesting? I feel really boring, like I have nothing to talk about to anyone, especially strangers when I'm trying to make friends.
Thanks.
>>
Just find a boring friend. Or conversely an extremely not boring friend.
>>
>>16665277

Start doing activities that involve other people.
>>
Get an interesting hobby, I don't know, skydiving or some shit.

Actually scratch that, it's too much effort and we both know your faggot ass won't get off the couch to do it. You don't have to be interesting to appear interesting to other people. Read some shit on social interaction and psychology and PRACTICE IT. It will help you have decent conversations much better than being interesting.
>>
>>16665296
I've tried. I do rowing and rifles at my university. I study physics too. I just find it hard to maintain a conversation.
>>16665341
I'm not much of an adrenaline junkie, and the only hobby I can claim to have is League and physics, and that isn't much. I need something more. How do I do that?
>>
>>16665350
Ok, well do you want to get an interesting hobby or do you want to appear interesting to other people? These are 2 very different things and have little in common.
>>
>>16665361
I don't want to get a hobby that I don't like just to impress people. I just want to do something I like to talk about, or that I can talk about to people. Not many people like League at my uni, so I want a topic that is relatively popular that I like and can talk at length about.
What's the difference between the two things?
>>
>>16665380
well it's like you said, people have different interest. Someone who likes LoL would find a discussion about it interesting, someone who doesn't won't. Things aren't inherently interesting, it's all subjective. So if you want something "interesting" to discuss look for what people around you are into. It's usually ordinary crap like TV shows, movies, books, music, etc.
>>
Do stuff. Just whatever stuff. things you like, things that just come on your path.

Then don't forget about doing that stuff when talking to people. Then talk about your stuff.
>>
>>16665277
In my experience, it's more about how people present themselves than what they say. When I've actually paid attention to conversations I've overheard, they aren't anything special. Just momentary spikes of excitement over little things that make people mutually happy, sometimes drama... etc.
>>
>>16665605
Bad advice. A lot of people like going to the gym, but no one wants to listen to your gym stories. Same thing with reading and music. Unless you have common interests the conversation will get stale very quickly.
>>
>>16665277

start doing a lot of hardcore drugs

this will give you interesting ideas that will keep you entertained

the expression on your face will say "damn this nigga must be having a good time" and all you'll ever say will be "yeah man yeah man haha" and everyone will think ur full of interesting shit to say

but u never do and u just smug and keep it to urself

that way u fool everyone around u like u got something interesting to say but u dont and u just keep all the fun to urself
>>
Who cares really. For reference be kinda mysterious..but not like a myth so you develop stalkers.
>>
>>16665694

but to be mysterious you have to have something obvious to offer that people want

otherwise you're just creepy / weird

>ey yo nigga come in here into this wacky-ass den yo. just cos i said so.

vs

>ey yo my man you're gonna wanna explore my shit man. i got the finest treasure everyone wants man.

in short, be hot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.