[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend acting weirdly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (112KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1200x800px
I have this friend, quite close. He would message my everyday and we would talk for hours. Suddenly he stopped doing that and messages me every 2 or 3 days and every our exchange ends after 3 or 4 sentences because even tho he writes to me first, he doesn't seem to be interested in talking bc for example responds with a single emoticon or a single ironic word. What gives, anons have any idea?
>>
Maybe your friend is depressed. Struggling to reach out to you, then getting angry/disheartened.
Might not be that.
Maybe your friend has thoughts/opinions/feelings about you that are new, and is trying to figure them out.

Maybe it would be worth meet your friend in person somewhere low-pressure and quiet, and have a relaxed chat about anything and nothing for a couple of hours. Give your friend the chance to open up and clear the air, but don't pile on the expectation or start an interrogation.
>>
>>16665251
We can't meet irl for now, I'm in a different state and won't be back till Easter. Is there any way I can ask him abou this via a message?
>>
Eh, bump
>>
>>16665364
Come on adv ;__;
>>
He's reaching out to you out of habit but doesn't actually feel like chatting. It happens, and it's not really your concern why he feels that way. You shouldn't be so dependent on one friend.
>>
Maybe he misses you, and since it'd be corny to say that outright, he's texting you to talk, but there's not as much to talk about because you left town. If you're curious you should ASK HIM wtf is up, but honestly when I moved away from the place I grew up, I lost touch with almost everybody. It just happens, you have different experiences and lose things in common.
>>
I'm not dependent on him and I have other friends but this sudden change of his behaviour confuses me a lot
>>
That's the final bump
>>
Eh, give him some space. It's hard to want to talk so much to anybody. Stop talking so much for a bit, then after some time you will have much more to talk about.

This happens often to me in all kinds of relationships. Sometime all that is needed is some space.
>>
this is the most annoying shit ever
>>
I have done this because I was hanging out with ppl, I would not suggest taking it personally
>>
>>16665213
Do you ever start conversation? Ever?
>>
I sometimes do that.
But look at it from my POV, just because I just got home and turned my computer on (and a messaging service) doesn't mean I feel like sitting there and chat for an hour. If I just joined, for example, a game on steam, I probably don't want to pause every ten seconds to anwer you over and over and over.
Maybe we just don't have that much to talk about anymore.
>>
>>16667318
Not really, sometimes when I need to as something but that's rare
>>
>>16667520
Yeah, don't complain then.
Maybe he's fed up being the only one that cares enough to find something to talk about.
>>
>>16667527
but why he writes to me then? He can as well just ignore me
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.