[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr How to not be a bitter cunt? Dating this dude- he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: I had fun once.jpg (47KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
I had fun once.jpg
47KB, 500x614px
tl;dr How to not be a bitter cunt?

Dating this dude- he's fun and weird and we get along and laugh a lot. I think he's going through a reinvention phase- Taking cave exploration, kick boxing, intermural sports, music lessons, etc. For some reason this shit annoys me, and I can't put my finger on it. I don't really have any real interests. I love to listen to audiobooks and I am super into standup comedy. Love my job and friends and coworkers. But I don't do "activites." My first instinct is to shit on all of it and roll my eyes, and I don't know why.

Because I don't have any activities of my own?
Is it because I feel like HE thinks he's better than me?
Is it because I think he's better than me?

Does anyone have similar reactions to this kind of stuff?
>>
If that's a reinvention phase then I've been "reinventing" for the last 10 years or so. The core of my lifestyle is to build a list of "been there, done that, got the t-shirt." Novelty is amazing value for little investment.

To be frank I'm not sure your feelings are even worth analyzing. Does it matter that you figure out why you're bitter, as long as you're able to shut the fuck up and just try to keep up with his lifestyle for a change?
>>
>>16664338
Well it'll still bother me- I basically want to figure out why so I stop being annoyed for a completely stupid reason.

I'm not a been there, done that kind of person. I'll try something new, but it's not a burning desire to fulfill these random activities. Maybe I'm just too easily content.
>>
Maybe you feel like he's trying too hard to be original, and that can get annoying, kinda like being around attention-whorey behaviour.

The male equivalent of manic pixie dream girl-syndrome, idk
>>
I think the core of your issue is that you don't realize there isn't one.

Listening to audio books and watching/listening to stand up are just as much activities as rock climbing and bike riding. The main thing about your hobby is that you like it and don't bore of it.

You do those things for FUN and him doing different things for fun is just consequential of him being a different person.

You're not better than him and he isn't better than you. I think that if you show some interest in learning about his activities and invite him to check out Dimitri Martin (or whoever you fancy) with you can lead to you being closer.

If you really think what he is doing is silly let him know you support him but you still think its silly.

Tl; dr make sure you show you care.
>>
>>16664368
It also could be the fact that I'm within that mix of activities- and I don't really take precedence over any of them. I'm just another thing he likes to do.

I feel like it's completely unfair. He's a nice dude, and he's nice TO me. Maybe I'm just more into him than he is into me, and I'm getting mad over nothing because of it.
>>
>>16664358
So what you're saying is that telling yourself "No, this is silly, stop." isn't enough to keep you from being annoyed? Contrary to what you might believe, that's not a superpower. It's pretty common emotional control.

As for the latter part, I'm also a person who is very easily contented. I've got the experience to know what's out there but often times my favorite is something simple. My drive for exploration doesn't come from discontent, but rather from wanting to settle down on things. I can't know what's right for me until I've gone through the possibilities, done most or all and compared the t-shirts. Then I close that book and start reading another.
>>
>>16664385
I can control what comes out of my mouth, and my snarky sarcastic comments referencing Eat, Pray, Love or Stella getting her groove back... but I know deep down I'm rolling my eyes. I know this sounds completely idiotic, but it never occurred to me that people could just will away their feelings about something. Change their opinion, or actively avoid HARPING on it sure, but I don't think I've ever just been like... stop... and stop whatever it is.

>>16664376
Thanks man, that's actually really helpful. If I like him, I should be more supportive and less too-cool-for-school. Even if I find it silly, I should try to delight in it and not be annoyed. Try some of the less ridiculous shit out with him... and try not to feel so left out.
>>
>>16664417
That's the spirit!
>>
crazy ruins everything
>>
>>16664329
It is because you're...hold me...INSECURE!!!
>>
Wait, praising is better: you're so SECURE hunny, I love that about you. - Sounds better.
>>
>>16664531
>>16664537
Ugh, 'hunny'........ That reminds me of when people say "belly"..

I'm not denying it man. I feel like that's likely where it stems from. I don't know how to fix it. People with interests vastly different from mine usually don't BOTHER me, but then again I'm not dating them. I'm fucking nuts, and this is why I usually don't date normal cool guys; I can't deal with it well.
>>
>>16664565
I used to be the same way, as I age I've been getting more interested in stuff outside games and books. It's cool you have your interest but there's so much to life outside of things you do on your own, things that make you anxious but are fun because they are a new experience.
>>
>>16664616
Shit DOES make me anxious. So I'd rather sit back and talk shit about it, because that's what well-adjusted people do.

I feel like I'm going to be left behind. He'll have 'cool' shit to do with people more similar to himself, and I won't be a part of that. I really need to gtfo of my head.
>>
>>16664666
I just realized why I love standup comedians so much............... just as fucked. not as funny.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.