[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop feeling bad about religion and other hateful shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: l.KnightingofPooh24x36lg.jpg (158KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
l.KnightingofPooh24x36lg.jpg
158KB, 600x397px
How do I stop feeling bad about religion and other hateful shit? Islam, Judaism, Christianity are the 3 major ones and all of them talk of hell: eternal, endless, conscious physical & mental torture. Because a crime against an eternal being warrants an eternal punishment.

In this case, I just wish I had never existed. I know a lot of people on 4chan feel the same, we're in a secular world and most of us feel no need for religion. Why does this have to ruin my life so much, when I die I have to expect eternal torture and I can't change? Buddhism is legit, It's the religion of disappearing and being at peace without suffering, all other religions are about worshiping God for bliss and narrowly escaping eternal hell - God wants to save us from what God wants to do to us.

Pic related is Winnie The Pooh, a kids show I used to watch. I feel better vibes and more love warmth and kindness from Winnie the Pooh than any religion...
>>
Christianity = cruelty

I tried going hardcore Christian once and quit in 5 days. Idk how people can handle it, believing that 99% of people are going to an eternal place of torture for not being saved by a God who could prevent this.
>>
Zen. It's the only way and isn't
>>
Judaism doesn't even have a "Hell" as you describe it. I'm not a Jew, but it sounds like you know nothing about theology or scripture except for what you see on TV or read on the Internet. Not every Protestant is a member of Westboro, not every Jew is ultra-Orthodox, not every Muslim is a terrorist, and not every Buddhist is a calm, peaceful monk.
>>
File: reinhard.png (240KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
reinhard.png
240KB, 450x370px
If their God was real then he would'ev saved Jews during the holocaust. Don't worry about Hell, it doesn't exist, nor does Heaven and their God. It's all made up to enslave the masses. Enjoy in your life while you still can, anon.
>>
>>16663666
You could start by pondering the good of religion, and the good it has done in the past.

Community, purpose and direction for millions upon millions of people, a focus on charity and helping others when otherwise they might be utterly selfish, a path to self-esteem and self respect, faith in the future, acceptance of death, importance of family.

Those are all really positive things about religion. Isolation, purposelessness and lack of direction is something millions of secular people struggle with every day. Religious people are known to be much more charitable than secular people. While the birthrate in secular Europe and 'the west' has fallen below replacement, in the religious world it remains high. Churches fund schools and hospitals around the world, and help people regardless of their faith, because they want people inspired to find God by their goodness and equanimity, not because they are forced.

I find religion highly respectable these days, and I commend religious people for being outgoing about their beliefs in this world that is rapidly becoming less tolerant of them despite them generally doing good in the world.

Maybe I'm just getting old though, and have started judging things based on their practical results rather than their back-end philosophy. I was a long-haired black metal fag only a few years ago, wtf is happening to me...
>>
>>16663666
>post ending in 666
>talks about hell and whatnot
>spooky

>All of them talk of hell

The bible does not. Some churches do. If you look at the Hebrew and Greek translations, they talk about 'Sjeol' (which just means grave or the figurative resting place of all those who have died) or 'Hades' (which is the same thing). Only once does the bible talk about hell in what people think it means. That is Tartarus and is reserved for the angels who did not side with God. Also, Tartarus does not last forever, despite what people think.

The whole notion of 'doomed in an eternal fire' blah blah comes from churches trying to scare people into submission. They ran with the concept of ''Gehenna', the lake of fire. But Gehenna was a valley where sacrifices were made and waste was burned. That's where the symbolic terms of the lake of fire come from. What it symbolizes, rather, is the eternal destruction that comes with being thrown into a lake of fire. In other words, Gehenna or what people think is hell these days is just death.

What I am trying to say is the following: Do not dismiss a religion so easily. Do proper research first.

If religious people here disagree with me, I am willing to debate.
>>
>>16664655

I made a small mistake. Tartarus has nothing to do with fire. But is a pit of dense darkness, a prison for the angels who oppose God.
>>
>>16664571
Underrated post
>>
>>16663666
There is something you should know about religion, and I really do not mind if people post "fedora" in response to this. Religion is inherently geared to weaker people who cant really see the forest for the trees. They actively need more than their own will to create purpose for themselves, or they would crumble as people. Religion is a semi-necessity. I think its possible that one day something can replace that, and its on its way considering how secular modern society is. But the violence in religion is a side effect of people abusing it. To be honest you should feel pity for some of them, its not really their fault if it comes to violence.
>>
>>16664545
>believing that 99% of people are going to an eternal place of torture
>99%

Besides the crazies at Westboro Baptist Church, no christian believes that

>>16664655
This guy gets it.
>>
>>16664833
>its not really their fault if it comes to violence.
No matter what, any decision someone makes is completely their fault. The whole concept of free-will in the common religions is specifically so people don't go blaming God for their actions.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.