[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Returning to university or sitting out another semester?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Back yard 3.jpg (279KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Back yard 3.jpg
279KB, 960x720px
I had a full ride to an out of state university, but one of my classes updated the grade late, and the change from a B to a C (no +/- system) had me lose my scholarship. I managed to get my GPA back up (and thus restore the scholarship) the next semester, but I had been deceived on the matter of my finances for school (Talked out of taking out a loan, ultimately so I didn't find out about one taken out in my name when I was a minor) and have sat out for a year, permanently forfeiting my financial aid in the process.

Now I'm trying to go this spring, but I'd be homeless. I don't mind that so much, but I don't know if I should bother trying to continue going to my original university, as it was out-of-state.

I'm so sick and tired of waiting, though, and I'm so close to finally being back out of my home town, that I don't want to sit out a semester and apply in-state.

As for why I did not originally, I could not get any freshman financial aid for in state as a student with prior education, and I couldn't transfer my credits because I had an $8,000 hold on my account until this week.
>>
>>16660805
Why don't you take a loan or attend a free university?
>>
>>16661086
There are no free universities.

I'm just not financially literate and my credit is fucked up from my parents trying to do some shit behind my back.

I'm in communications with the universitiy's newly appointed financial literacy advisor (The announcement email was sent after this thread was made that there had been one appoitned) and asking the same questions, as well as if there's any way to offset out-of-state tuition.
>>
>>16661121
Universities are free in every 1st world country
>>
>>16661202
I get it.
>American

Still, there are no free universities where I live, at least not without a full scholarship.
>>
>>16661202

Most American kids are too scared to live on their own, so they don't qualify for independent student assistance.
>>
>>16661228
I was going to be homeless for the semester; I don't mind living on my own at all; given my job, I would just be living out of a vehicle.

The FAFSA requires my parents' income to be the factor in my financial aid, until I'm 24 regardless of if I live on my own; my friend was denied aid despite living on his own since his 18th birthday.

I'd like to know more abut independent student assistance.
>>
>>16661228
Yeah, I just looked it up.

American kids aren't eligible for independent student assistance; you have to be at least 24 to be considered for eligibility.
>>
>>16661237
>>16661233

You can appeal the age restriction to get it by writing a letter. I got it at age 22, got my state university tuition paid for and still got my state's pell grants every semester. Working full time and with my grants my income was about $6000/mo as a 22 year old college kid.

I imagine most anything can be bypassed if you write a sob story and show some kind of hardship. Most kids just look at the website and give up without even trying; those are the same people who probably sit around playing video games every intersession rather than interning, then they graduate with nothing to show for the last ~4 years but a diploma and wonder why they can't get a job.
>>
>>16661249
I'm about to go to work, but I'll definitely look into writing this appeal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.