[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you talk to a therapist about something really embarassing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Pringles-Can-Flickr.jpg (1020KB, 1000x931px) Image search: [Google]
Pringles-Can-Flickr.jpg
1020KB, 1000x931px
How do you talk to a therapist about something really embarassing, shameful and humiliating ? It is soo much so that it prevents you from telling them about it .
>>
They are therapists. You can savely assume that you can't shock them. If you can, whoa!
>>
>>16658687
But its extremely embarassing I don't think they would respect after I tell them ...
>>
File: 51P.jpg (628KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
51P.jpg
628KB, 1024x683px
Tell us.
>>
They're a therapist, not your friend. Whether they respect you is totally irrelevant.
>>
>>16658696
You aren't in therapy to earn their respect and make them like you. This isn't your co-worker. It's your therapist. The purpose of therapy is to be able to talk about this kind of stuff without getting judged and facing social consequences
>>
>>16658696
who cares if they respect you? they're essentially your whore. you're paying them to listen to you talk about yourself. what are they going to do? not take your money?
>>
Recently I've been having g nightmares about when I was molested. Most of the time when I wakeup from those nightmares I've wet the bed. I really don't want to tell anyone that. It's really fucking pathetic and embarassing. What kind of 18 year old guy does that ?
>>
>>16658708
Oh come on op... Bed wetting is something they deal with every day! Tell them asap and they will help you trough this. It's their job.
>>
>>16658708
That's not embarrassing, that's almost a medical condition.
>>
You do it by being ruthless with yourself. The therapist will probably approve of this even less than whatever it is you actually tell them, but hey, whatever gets the point across.

You need help. You know this. They can help you. But in order to be able to do that, they have a bona fide need-to-know on the contents of your head, especially the stuff you're ashamed of. And this is how you rationalize telling them: they cannot help you if they do not know.
>>
File: 57P.jpg (423KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
57P.jpg
423KB, 1200x800px
>>16658708
What kind of 18 year old guy does that? One who was molested and needs therapy to stop wetting the bed.
>>
>>16658708
Actually that's more common than you would expect. It's a fairly normal response to high levels of stress. If it's too embarrassing, you could try talking about the nightmare, leaving out the rest until you feel more comfortable. I'm sorry that you had to go through that experience and I really hope you are able to come to terms with it soon
>>
>>16658736
This sounds dumb , but I might wrote a note or email before hand explaining it before I go to a session
>>
>>16658708
my wife's last 2 exes both had this problem. both way older than 18. i like to make fun of her for getting peed on, but the point is it's not rare at all. no therapist would be rattled by that.

incidentally, both exes were gingers. are you a ginger? i'm working on a theory.
>>
>>16658747
That might be a good idea. Less that you have to explain in person, therefore less embarrassing. Hopefully. And you won't be able to back out once you start the session.
>>
>>16658755
No I'm not.
>>
>>16658766
I won't be able to back out?????
>>
>>16658774
No what I'm saying is once you get it out there, you can talk about it. Because bringing it up is the hardest thing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.