[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People keep telling me do what's best for me, but idk what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: avoidance.jpg (6KB, 190x250px) Image search: [Google]
avoidance.jpg
6KB, 190x250px
People keep telling me do what's best for me, but idk what's best. Once you are homeless, is life over? I need to get out of my house. My parents pump me full of meds that are bad for my mental health, force me out of having fun, and take away from my ability to make my own decisions because "they know what's best". All I've ever wanted is some independence; a child hood dream that never faded. We fight all the time. I need to get out, but I feel trapped as fuck and they tell me I'll never make it because I still have two years of college left. I am 19, btw.
>>
>>16658432

get a job you loser
>>
>>16658434
I have one. Part time, but I guess that negates your argument that I'm a loser.
>>
>>16658436

Does it?
>>
>>16658432
Find a cheap as shit van on craigslist and hit the road.
>>
>pump me full of meds that are bad for my mental health
Elaborate.
>>
>>16658971
the meds make my brain foggy and numb me to the point where I can't enjoy life and I don't talk to anyone (I'm a natural extrovert) and I act high at work
>>
>>16658432

join the military or americorp
there are jobs available that can take you away from the situation you are in and give you enough money to live on your own

get a full time job, rent a cheapo apartment somewhere and learn to survive on your own. Then cut off all ties with your toxic parents. you'll be surprised at how rewarding a new fresh start is. Difficult and tumultuous but rewarding
>>
>>16658976
thank you
>>
>>16658975
You're a schizophrenic who needs to stay on your meds.
>>
>>16658975
Why are they giving you these meds?

I find it hard to believe that your parents are drugging you just to make you unhappy, and the advice you need changes a lot if you have some sort of mental illness.
>>
>>16658985
I'm schizophrenic because I notice a difference when I don't take my meds?
>>
>>16658992
well I have autism and ADHD and I've had suicidal thoughts in the past
>>
>>16658992
also i get more argumentative and impulsive(around everyone) and annoyingly hyper (around them)
>>
>>16658432
The odds that your parents are maliciously feeding you drugs just to fuck with your head is pretty low. The more likely scenario is that you need meds to keep your issues from becoming a problem. You're either bipolar, depressed, schizophrenic, some shit like that.

Sometimes you have to go with the lesser of two evils. The rational decision is to choose a foggy brain over a crazy brain. Foggy brain's have a lower chance of hurting themselves, or other people.
>>
>>16658993
>the meds make my brain foggy and numb me
Says the schizophrenics all the time
>>
>>16659005
maybe it's a common side effect?
>>16659004
I know they mean the best. but I want the excitement back in life. I want joy and sex (zoloft kills libido) and friends and I want to do good in work
>>
>>16658432
>Once you are homeless, is life over?

It's not over until your dead. Life will change, and things will probably be a lot worse for you. You're stupid if you need to be told why.
>>
>>16659034
i mean is all hope lost, obviously
>>
>>16659010
bumping for this and >>16659037
>>
>>16659037
This is fucking retarded.

>Is all hope lost?
No. You can always be hopeful for the future, considering people have become homeless and managed to put their lives back together afterwards, of course not. But you will probably make your life worse if you decide to a) stop taking meds and b) decide that sleeping outdoors with no source of food, water, income etc. is a genuine option worth considering.

>I want friends, excitement, etc.
See a therapist. You're asking for answers from a board filled with strangers who don't know you from a bar of soap. You won't get answers from a therapist in one or two questions, let alone a bunch of fucking NEETS on some shitty website.
>>
>>16658432
If people don't want to take meds, they can just fake it and spit them out later, or worst case scenario for tongue checks, puke them up.

The fact that you don't mention lying about taking the meds as an option suggests to me that they can tell when you're not on meds, which means you sperg the fuck out.
>>
>>16659180
i dont sperg out im just afraid of getting caught and getting kicked out. i know it sounds like i want to leave but bein homeless is still scary. sorry for bad grammar and spelling its 3:16 here
>>16659170
I'm going in for a second opinion but I think she'll tell me to get off of them. My parents would not agree with that. I have a therapist and that's what she recommended. also positive thinking, nutrition and "fake it till you make it"
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.