[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brit Abroad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: American-British-flag.jpg (109KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
American-British-flag.jpg
109KB, 600x398px
Hey /adv/
I'm planning on travelling to the USA at some point once I turn 21 (20 atm). I was wondering where the best places for me to visit are.
What with me having a British accent which places should I go to where there are a few decent things to do but my accent will still be enough a novelty to American girls to get me attention?
>>
what were you hoping to see?

cities, landmarks, natural treasures?
>>
>>16657373

It's all pretty good here man. Just depends on what type of scenery you like.
>>
Another britbong on a sex tour of the USA.
http://www.vice.com/read/i-went-out-with-british-dudes-who-tour-america-in-search-of-sex
>>
>>16657455
To be honest I'd prefer to see a big city like New York. Would my accent still be a novelty in a such a big place? If not, which smaller cities would be better?
>>
>>16657523
Go to Las Vegas you can get all the sex you want there and all our women are whores so you should pick up women anyway you go
>>
>>16657523
It would be nice, but NYC is pretty international. Same with LA and Chicago. If you want to blow bitches minds away, go to Phoenix or Miami. Warm weather, plenty of airhead beauties just waiting to be swept into bed by a foreigner.
>>
>>16657556
I live in Arizona you don't want the bitches here. Just about everyone has some std and or children an just want to take everything you got
>>
>>16657543
Is Las Vegas not just a bit tacky?

>>16657556
I was thinking they'd be quite international. I'll look into Phoenix. What about somewhere more conservative? Dallas or Austin? Alabama?
>>
Go to small college towns like that group of British guys recently featured on VICE. They go to average sized college towns in small town America around New Years and fuck chicks by seducing them with their charms and accents.

Big cities have the same callous approach all over the world. You'll be ignored in Hong Kong just as much as you'll be ignored in NYC, Dubai, or even London.

I suggest seeing sights out West and some pristine coast lines, rather than trying to aim for solely metropolis settings. Those are what make America unique.

As an American, I got much more of a thrill seeing natural sights than experiencing a big city. I did enjoy the latter experience a lot, but it didn't stand out compared to seeing the Grand Canyon, or Rocky Mountain National Park, or the redwoods of northern California.
>>
>>16657574
I'm
>>16657578
And I was raised in Alabama. No longer live there.

It is actually an interesting place, especially the coast. The sand is so white it looks like snow. I'd stick to the coast. Go nowhere near Montgomery, unless you want a cute American gf in Auburn, or Tuscaloosa [University of Alabama].

But I emphasize driving along I-10 on the Gulf Coast. Beautiful, and wonderful food, and believe it or not the people are decent and warm, especially to foreigners which fascinate them.
>>
>>16657574

Dallas is a yes, but the women are not as attractive as elsewhere. Alabama has a similar quality, but they are a bit more.... Nationalistic? They favor locals quite a bit.

Austin is pretty hipster, so prepare for fat, boyish, androgynous, feminist, nerdy, frumpy women. They will desire you and your accent.
>>
>>16657587
I'll add to this by saying if you are going to the USA in the next 2 months, you have to come to Mobile, AL and experience Mardi Gras.

It started there, not New Orleans. The holiday is 10x better in Mobile. There's still drinking and revelry, but not to the point of depravity. The ball and association culture is still strong. Men and women are part of these fraternal and sorority organizations that have huge history, and are pretty accepting. The balls are amazing. They give you an excuse to dress up and get wasted for a low price.

Also, the parades are a lot better, and the throws are great. Not just shitty plastic beads, but decent candy and other random shit.
>>
>>16657574
>Is Las Vegas not just a bit tacky?
it is absolutely the very definition of tacky, but if you can manage to convince yourself to look past that its actually rather admirable in its wholesale abandon of modesty. It can be a lot of fun but I'd never go there without my friends with me.

Honestly I feel like the novelty of it is only worth it if you live in California or the southwest and its not too much of a hassle to get there for a weekend.
>>
Really anywhere in the Midwest. One of those cities you might have heard of, but don't have a picture in your mind. I imagine it's more common to hear a British accent in NY or LA.

You'll really draw some attention anywhere you go. Even if 5% of the people in the bar are brits, you still sound cooler than 95% of the dudes there, as long as you don't have a faggy posh accent.

Unfortunately, if there's an Irish guy around, you'll be fucked.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.