[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying a tarantula as a pet but I have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: tarantula.jpg (58KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
tarantula.jpg
58KB, 570x428px
I'm thinking of buying a tarantula as a pet but I have a few questions.

Do they enjoy television or music and will they sit on the arm of a chair and watch with you and sit still?

Will they bond with a person?

If they bond with a person will they give them kisses or rub against them or come to you when you call them?
>>
>>16656566

lol.

people keep tarantulas more so as "specimens", not as pets. they're cool to have and observe. they're very alien and strange and, in a way, keeps you feeling amazed about the world that insect life like that is going on silently all over the world.

tarantulas are completely mindless and will never bond, most aren't even supposed to be held. and most also have sharp urticating hairs that will cause your throat to close and suffocate if you kiss them.

they are obviously not for everyone.
>>
>>16656566
From a guy who owned a Mexican Red Knee tarantula... this is a stupid post.
>>
>>16656587
I didn't know about the kissing part. Source on that? You're wrong about the bonding part. They can bond to some extent. Not as much as a dog obviously. But they can.
>>
Why does the tarantula in OP's pic have 10 legs?
>>
>>16656597

This guy is right. I thought spiders only had 8 legs.
>>
>>16656595
>Like most New World tarantulas, they kick urticating hairs from their abdomens and their back legs if disturbed, rather than bite.

And, having owned one, can confirm. Those hairs are itchy as fuck, and sharp. Dunno how many of them I got stuck in my arms.
>>
>>16656597
>>16656609
Spiders have eight legs.
Look at top right corner of pic... "Butterflies Artist"
>>
>>16656616
I know that. Stop pretending you didn't know what my real question was. You're kinda boring tbhq
>>
>>16656622
So, photoshopped? Why? That's just dumb.
>>
>>16656624
Then stop being stupid.
>>
A few more questions.

Do spiders or more generally tarantulas fart and if so is it audible, and does it smell?

Also are there homosexual spiders, a woman who works out at my gym has sworn she has seen some homosexual spiders scurrying about.
>>
>>16656627
>>16656622
No it's a real Goliath bird eating spider that has 10 legs. It's big and it'/s a dead one being sold in a case to look at.
>>
what is happening
>>
Here are some interesting spider facts for OP and other anons

Did you know that those spiders with hair on them are mammals, and thus produce delicious (and unusually cold) milk. Spiders produce milk using the same glands that they produce silk threads with.
Did you know that a single strand of spider web has more potential energy than the bomb dropped on Nagasaki? But because spiders do not naturally exist in areas of high fusion, there is little danger to the average person.
Did you know that a spider egg contains as much DNA as four humans combined? And that's just one of the unborn spiders, the entire egg sac outnumbers the population of India
Did you know that spiders cannot physically die of natural causes? If kept safe, a spider can continue to live and grow larger for a theoretically unlimited amount of time. In fact, in China there exists a collection of 'holy' spiders, hatched some 2,800 years ago during the height of the Mang-Tsun dynasty.
A spider's carapace, if sufficiently scaled, could adequately shield a nuclear blast
The most valuable spider is the Kenyan Applecrosser. These elegant spiders actually grow beautiful, near-flawless emeralds on their abdomens.
There's actually an extremely rare spider in Eastern Africa, called the Snow Spider. Its body is completely white, but it spins a completely black web
Spiders can sustain hundreds of atmospheres of pressure, and can work flawlessly in a vacuum. Scientists have discovered spiders working at both the bottom of the sea and in the ultra-thin atmosphere thirty miles above the Earth.
>>
>>16656676
That's easy - while spiders are usually known for their webs, they can also weave wind-sailing "parachutes" capable of taking them high above the world below. Furthermore, the so-called WindCurrent Spiders have actually evolved to live without a verticle base - they have lived for hundreds of millenia within the Earths ionosphere. The WindCurrent Spider is cannabilistic, it also retrieves many of its nutrients from sunlight, via a process not unsimilar to photosynthesis.
The largest spider ever observed by scientists was over 8 feet long and weighed in at 530 pounds. It was actually immobile though, it's legs had been broken long ago by merely carrying its own weight
The Orange Magma Spider can resist heat up to 5,300 degrees F. Ironically, they exist only at the southernmost tip of the South Pole's largest glacier.
The average human autopsy procedure in Chicago, IL will reveal roughly 250 small spiders living at points throughout the endocrine and circulatory systems. In New York, NY the average is upwards of 800.
In conventional psychology the most dangerous concept in dream understanding is the spider - it represents to the human subconscious the eleven stages of grieving (eight legs, torso, two antannae).
Given sufficient motivation, the Harjack Spider can produce enough silk to suffocate the average human infant in a matter of minutes.
Harvard Neurologists have discovered that an average spider's brain possesses a greater mental capacity than the world's most brilliant scientists. If their brains didn't lack a cognitive lobe, they'd be more intelligent than Einstein
The Shoecase Spider of the Australian Southwest creates and inhabits tiny skyscrapers, made of wooden sticks held together by heavy silk threads. These constructions have been known to be up to fifty feet high in unpopulated areas.
>>
>>16656685
Did you know that spiders are almost all homosexual? Their species evolved to be that way as a form of population control. That's why there are so many male spiders and so few female. And that's also why the queen kills the male after mating with it, because she views him as a genetic anomaly
Did you know that millipedes were eventually just strings of dozens of spiders? Evolution changed them into the single animals we know today.
Did you know that one of the most amazing spiders is the enourmous Seawheel Spider? They evolved in the eighteen hundreds to perfectly emulate the spiked captains wheels on British sailing frigates.
The United States government spends over four percent of its GDP on methods to eliminate spiders - that's more than the war on terror, the war on drugs and the national parks program combined!
The cursive 'X' commonly used to represent a variable in basic algebra comes from the spider - it harkens back to ancient Greece, when mathamaticians would use dried spider husks to symbolize their complex equations.
The word "Spider" comes from an acronym. Scientists investigating spiders in the 17th century would abbreviate "Sample -- Please Investigate Data; Exoskeleton Regular" on their insect containers.
Not only is owning large spiders legal, in some places it's mandatory! In the Sandwhich Islands British zoologists issue spider kits to natives when they reach the age of sixteen. The spiders are necessary because they ward off a host of local bacterium that would otherwise be dangerous to humans. Anyone found to be without their spider can face stiff fines or jail time.

Source
http://www.hamtwoslices.net/spiders.htm
>>
>>16656648
>All arachnids have eight legs, although the front pair of legs in some species has converted to a sensory function, while in other species, different appendages can grow large enough to take on the appearance of extra pairs of legs. The term is derived from the Greek word ἀράχνη (aráchnē), meaning "spider".
>>
File: 1448080306601.jpg (15KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
1448080306601.jpg
15KB, 693x693px
This fucking thread what the fuck
>>
>>16656676

Anon, please.

>Claims "Facts"
>http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/spider-facts-myths-c-22_552.html
>The following statements made about spiders are not confirmed facts, but have been passed around the web. We're leaving it up to you to decide if they are facts or myths. In any case, they sure are fun to read!
>>
>>16656597
The front two "legs" are not used to bear the weight of the spider. They're called pedipalps and are used as feelers and to help the spider move food to its mouth.
>>
>>16656595
no, they definitely can't. Theyre like fish in that regard. mindless and wild.

my parents actually used to refer to them as my fish, because I kept them in fish tanks.
>>
>>16656704
I hear that.
>>
>>16656692
>The word "Spider" comes from an acronym. Scientists investigating spiders in the 17th century would abbreviate "Sample -- Please Investigate Data; Exoskeleton Regular" on their insect containers.

>>16656685
>Harvard Neurologists have discovered that an average spider's brain possesses a greater mental capacity than the world's most brilliant scientists. If their brains didn't lack a cognitive lobe, they'd be more intelligent than Einstein

>>16656676
>A spider's carapace, if sufficiently scaled, could adequately shield a nuclear blast

Holy fuck is all this true?
>>
File: 1445626352069.jpg (1MB, 2261x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1445626352069.jpg
1MB, 2261x2000px
>>16656692

>Did you know that millipedes were eventually just strings of dozens of spiders? Evolution changed them into the single animals we know today.

It's not a millipede, but the thought is there.
>>
>>16656739
Please, anon... say you're joking...
>>
>>16656749
Please tell me that the thing on the left is just a pile of crabs.
>>
>>16656763
It is just that.
>>
>>16656597
>>16656609
the "legs" at he very front are arms.
>>
>>16656648
it's not a dead spider, it's a Goliath birdeaters molt (their skin).
>>
>>16656774
how can you tell?
>>
>>16656819
crumpled up legs and abdomen, just looks like a molt.

I suppose it could be a dried up spider but it would probably rot before then and if it was properly preserved it wouldn't crumple.
>>
>>16656640
I'm not a spider, I'm kind of a rat, but I have hair. I look gay but I'm quite straight, and I looove subway man (yes, that much.). I don't fart I just piss ALOT. I'm quiet as a mouse, and always busy.
>>
>>16656965
Also, yes I love when ur wife bites my large intestines........................
I hope she does the same for you!>>16656965
>>
this thread. I'm terrified of spiders. i can't believe anyone would want one as pet :O I'm sorry op
>>
>Puppy sized Tarantula found

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/10/20/biggest-spiders-animals-science-tarantulas-south-america/

Did you know that in some parts of the world they eat the bird eating spider... click on the article to find out what it tastes like haha.
>>
mebe itul suck ur dick

nah. it's gonna be a fucking spider.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.