[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi >In a relationship for a year and a half >She is bipolar,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hm.jpg (103KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
103KB, 306x306px
Hi

>In a relationship for a year and a half
>She is bipolar, but on meds and never seemed to bother her much
>Still goes to therapy and stuff
>Turns out her new therapist -thinks- she may be borderline, but can't make a diagnose one way or the other yet

I looked up the 9 symptoms, and what it takes to be diagnosed which is displaying 5 out of 9 of the symptoms, and she does in fact display 5 out of 9 of those symptoms, all in different levels of severity. She isn't like overboard on any of the symptoms, but they are definitely all there.

I'm pretty worried for our future. She seems to have been stable to this point, but I can tell she has been really struggling lately with shit going on in her life, and those symptoms really became apparent. They say that borderline's often get destructive towards their own relationship, but she hasn't done that yet.

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? I really don't know what to do
>>
Yeah, I have a family member with BPD. I do believe that there are borderlines out there with so much self-awareness and dedication that they can rein themselves in. If I had to guess I'd say they're about 1 in every 100 though. So maybe with the right diagnosis and help she can get a grip on how she acts. That having been said, the family member I was talking about is now estranged from literally everyone else in her life at a personal level including us and all of her former acquaintances. (She never really could hold down friendships.) We've all come to grips with the fact that she's never going to get better.
>>
>>16651245
Fuck, that is not encouraging.

When she isn't stressed/overwhelmed she seems to have pretty good control over it. But I really don't know how I'm supposed to handle this.

I really do love her, but our future is looking grim.
>>
>>16651291
Check out the book "Stop Walking on Eggshells" by Mason and Kreger.
>>
>>16651291
What does she do when she's stressed?
>>
>>16651301
thats a shitty book, disregard this. borderlines have issues and not everyone can handle it but if youre not willing to support her it might be time to cut it off.
>>
>>16651313
You're the same idiot from the ask the other gender thread.

Please go away. You're shitting up every thread you're in for some weird trolling crusade.
>>
>>16651310
Mood swings hard. Gets incredibly depressed (used to self harm, hasn't for a while), has anxiety attacks, gets terrified of me leaving her for no reason, and then gets paranoid.

Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it happens all at once.
>>
>>16651225
My family has a lot of history with BPD too. Seems like the sooner you get the help you need the better off you are in the long run. If your girlfriend is already getting that help and has been stable for a while then I'd say things look pretty positive. Really it seems like you and her have just now realized the scope of her problem. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending partially on how you treat it. I would say the most important thing is not to let this freak you out or let you become too distant. Panic is the enemy here. Stay strong and supportive. I hope it works out for you OP.
>>
>>16651320
There are therapies for BPD, DBT is very successful if she's willing to put in the work.

Everyone has issues and this is just a label. It's your call whether you want to stay or not. Try to picture what she'd be like 10 years from now, or how she'd be like as a mother. Might also help to talk to a counselor.
>>
>>16651321
>>16651331
Alright, I'll look into those things. Mostly for now just going to wait and see what her therapist has to say, and whether or not she can confirm.

But I'll be staying in the meantime. I have no idea what a 10 year outlook would be, it could really go either way right now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.