[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I meet him or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tangled.jpg (230KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tangled.jpg
230KB, 1280x800px
I am a girl in my first year of uni. Most of my high school peers in my grade are studying abroad. Only me and three other guys are staying in my homeland.

This guy sometimes texts me other graduation. We are not particularly close and I doubt he has feelings for me or anything. He probably talks to me as we have have something in common (i.e. we are staying in the same country).

He just messaged me asking if I want to meet him a the center of my city, like grab something to eat and chat for a bit. Afterwards, he will meet with a group of people he is collaborating with.

Should I meet him or politely refuse? Do take note that I am a girl and he is a guy. Is it "awkward" for me to meet him? It's not like I have feelings for him. Also, is it dangerous? My mom is worried that he may persuade me to go to a quiet or private area and do nasty stuff to me or he'll invite a group of friends to do that.
(Pic unrelated)
>>
Do you want to go?
>>
File: Vacuum.jpg (74KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Vacuum.jpg
74KB, 600x337px
You say you have no feelings for him. If you are sure of that, then don't waste his or your time.

>and stop listening to your mom's crazy shit.
>>
>>16650930
If it's purely a meetup just for chatting, yeah.
>>16650931
You really think he is trying to ask me out?
>>
Lmao. If you want to go and socialize then go. If youre not looking for romance and neither is he, then it doesnt matter...youre making this into a big deal when it doesnt need to be..
>>
>>16650943
>youre making this into a big deal when it doesnt need to be
Most people will assume that he is seeking romance or something. We are of the opposite sex.
>>
>>16650945
So what if they think that? Are you interested in him or vice versa?
>>
>>16650924
>A guy invited me to a crowded, public place and said it would be a quick meeting
>He must be really into me, and he probably wants to rape me

Are you retarded?
>>
>>16650949
No, I do not have feelings for him.
>>
>>16650924
He's basically asking you on a date. This doesn't mean that he's looking for a girlfriend or has feelings for you, but the entire point of dating is to get to know someone to decide if you like them. He's probably willing to put his dick in you, should you make the offer.

I don't know why you think it would be "awkward" to meet him. Do you live in some country where dating is frowned upon?

From your mother's reaction, sounds like it. As far as him persuading you to do something dangerous, gee, don't you know whether or not that's likely to happen?

If you're not interested and don't want to go, then decline the invitation. If you have no spine and aren't able to say "no" to going to a hotel with a guy that you don't want to fuck, then definitely don't go.
>>
>>16650924
Meet him in a public place full of people around you two.
What's the worst that can happen?

Just know when to say "yes" and "no".
>>
i would be upfront and tell him that i'm not looking for romance then proceed to agree with the meetup for social purposes.

he's probably going to cancel it once he knows he doesn't have a chance unless he's not looking for one
>>
>>16651148
So I should just be explicit and ask "Are we meeting purely for social purposes?"? Do you think he is really trying to ask me out on a date? I mean, I really don't think he has feelings for me. We weren't close back in high school and only did some small talk (we weren't in the same classes).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.