[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I hang out with this one guy and we usually have a really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1440863657243.jpg (263KB, 1120x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1440863657243.jpg
263KB, 1120x1034px
So, I hang out with this one guy and we usually have a really fun time together. However he is better than me in pretty much everything. Physically, mentally, materially.

When I spend time with him there are always these small things popping up which will make me feel inferior to him. They keep building up and I always end up feeling worthless and awful afterwards.

I like hanging out with him but I always have to struggle to keep my jealousy and self-pity from showing.

What should I do?
>>
>>16650879
You're just insecure

Stop comparing yourself to other people
>>
>>16650879
>feel inferior to him
Then better yourself?
Be thankful you that kind of person is ok to hang out with you and use him as an inspiration.
>>
you take it as a kick in your ass to better yourself
>>
Does he one-up you when he does shit? Like intentionally. Some guys gravitate toward people they feel they can feel better then and act like the shit cuz insecure. If he doesnt contribute to building you up fuck that shit find someone taller.on the other hand if he is rlly the shit, then you dont have to worry bout him seeing you as less unless u are actually a shitty person cuz good ppl like good ppl. Take a min to chill with ur own self and get comfy as fuck in ur own skin cuz it sounds like ur unsure. You loving yourself is the most important thing. And is attractive as fuck. Dont base loving yourself on whether he loves you cuz thats codependence and ull spend ur life slave to someone elses will with that mentality.
>>
>>16650904
This

I have a close friend who recently told me how he wished he'd be more like me; both physically and socially. He said everything seems to come naturally to me and feels a bit jealous.

Meanwhile I cry at night because of all the stupid things I do, because I feel worthless, because I feel like such a fuck up all the time.

It's all about perspective.
>>
File: me-nobeard.jpg (372KB, 1768x2128px) Image search: [Google]
me-nobeard.jpg
372KB, 1768x2128px
>>16650879
>MFW I look exactly like the right one
Feels good man.

[spoiler]Haven't ever held hands with a girl because mentally ill, don't tell anyone.[/spoiler]
>>
File: IMG_20141031_001206.jpg (540KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141031_001206.jpg
540KB, 3264x1836px
>>16650879

whats wrong with that? just cuz hes better doesnt mean you aren't good.

my best friend seems to be unbeatable at everything... until we tried pumpkin carving. literally the only thing im better than him at outside of personal hobbies that have no overlap in our lives.

pic related.
>>
>>16652290

and yet....
>>
>>16650904
>>16650921
Basically this.

Also, even if you are comparing yourself to him, there's probably something you're better at, or something that you're needed for.

For example, in my friend group pretty much everyone is a musician except for me, but I know a lot about computers and random tech stuff. Just the other day I helped my friend figure out that the reason his speakers weren't working correctly is because he was using a mono 1/4 jack instead of a stereo one. Just by having a little bit of knowledge on how audio jacks work I was able to help my friend solve an issue, which felt good. I'm sure there's plenty of little things like that that you have a good understanding of that he doesn't. Everyone has a unique set of skills that almost never come in handy. Just use what you know when you can to help your pals and don't worry about whose better at what.
>>
>>16652290
Nah you look creepy and maladjusted bruh
>>
File: 1425798936925.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1425798936925.png
483KB, 529x470px
>>16652356

Meanie.
>>
>>16652290
Haircut is absolutely hideous, clothes don't fit, and you don't appear to have much muscle. If you fixed these, you'd be a 7-8/10.
>>
You should talk to someone about your self-esteem issues. People who impress you should be role models, not the cause for your despair.
>>
>>16652370
>Haircut is absolutely hideous
Ponytail because open hair is fucking annoying in daily life. Can't be arsed to bother so I just let it grow wild.

>clothes don't fit
Comfy as fuck. Call the fashion police.
Also, capitalism.

>don't appear to have much muscle
Meh. I like to build some muscle actually, makes you feel better, though I'd hate looking like a jock.

Thanks though, anon. From what you're saying, I should look really good when I build a bit of muscle, open my hair, and take off my clothes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.