[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to be scared when your boyfriend talks about wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (44KB, 507x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 507x504px
Is it wrong to be scared when your boyfriend talks about wanting to kill our two cats? On top of starting small abusive things towards them

I understand he's frustrated at them. I get that they make him that angry. But when he goes after them, yells at them, then picks them up to throws them around. To me it's a scary sign and makes me afraid that he'll do something if he's alone with them.
>>
File: nononono.png (179KB, 442x299px) Image search: [Google]
nononono.png
179KB, 442x299px
>>16650272
>Is it wrong to be scared when your boyfriend talks about wanting to kill our two cats?
No, it's not. Especially if he acts like that. As a guy I'd be freaked out as fuck if my gf acted like that towards my cats.
>>
>>16650278
I'm so confused at what to do.
I love the guy I'm with, but the idea he's doing this to them. Let alone saying he wants to kill them really puts me on the edge.
>>
File: 1362604268777.gif (2MB, 280x224px) Image search: [Google]
1362604268777.gif
2MB, 280x224px
>>16650285
Essentially you have two options:
a) dump the guy
or
b) give the cats to someone

My dad went for the option c) when I still lived at home and just got them killed through some means that I am unaware of. Only found out about it years later and always had thought that they had cancer or something and had to be put down.
>>
You can judge a man by how he treats his mother and how he treats animals
>>
I think you should stay with him op, he doesn't sound dangerous at all! Just playin around with the kitty cats that's all!

LOL this is how serial killers start off, I hope ur not really this dumb op.
>>
>>16650298
He loves his mother.
But hates the cats. He goes from hating them, to petting them and loving them, to hating them yet again.
I can't get my mind set on why he does both.
>>
>>16650299
I'm already scared for myself.
I told him how he handles the cats is how I feel he'll do to me or children if we have them someday. All he did was sit there and say "children aren't cats"
>>
>>16650297
Both are on my mind. They really are.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that from your father. If this helps in anyway, it's giving me click in my head to really do something. From one death might save two others.
>>
File: 1326316085922885.jpg (26KB, 440x485px) Image search: [Google]
1326316085922885.jpg
26KB, 440x485px
>>16650320
>I'm so sorry you had to deal with that from your father.
Yeah it's alright, we have never been that close anyway.
>>
>>16650325
Please tell me you distanced yourself from him.
>>
>>16650297
who would harm a living being like that OP? I'd do both 1 and 2, if you were still stuck living with him. would you let a child be abused or do something immediately? you can't do something different because they have a cat body instead =( animal souls are just as precious as ours
>>
>>16650308
he's angry? he has a scapegoat. my parents verbally abuse me for the same reason. well i can take my anger out on someone, my kid or cats, so i will. there's two types of people in my eyes, your BF and my parents, and me and you. i don't normally categorize people, but you either take your anger out on others and abuse people, or you don't cross that line... i'd never stay with someone who crossed that line
>>
Why do you even have the cats in the first place? Tell him to leave them the fuck alone until you can find them a new home.

I can't believe that you're even letting him get away with shit like that. I nearly got into a fist fight with my father for trying to hit a dog we had recently got from the shelter. Tell your bf to not abuse the cats.
>>
>>16650387
I think I'm taking those steps for both.
I'm going to talk about going back home. Seeing if there's a way to either take them with me, or look around for a really nice home.
I would rather them be safe then dead because he snapped.
>>
>>16650394
I think he has anger issues, and doesn't know how to cope with them.
I don't know what to say to him. But I know he needs help. I told him that hurting them and saying he wants to kill them is alright. His response is that they ruin his life.
I would have never adopted them if I knew they would be treated this way.
>>
>>16650427
I told him we needed to find them a home. He said he'll work on them.
I really don't see that happening when he keeps acting the same way.
>>
>>16650272
>Is it wrong to be scared when your boyfriend talks about wanting to kill our two cats? On top of starting small abusive things towards them
No. It might be wrong if he said that while giving no indication that he'd ever even hurt them, but your boyfriend is giving plenty of indication. And you're right to be scared for yourself: once he can't avuse the cats anymore, you are almost certainly next.

I don't like telling people to drop ultimata, but here's a case where it's appropriate: either he seeks professional help immediately, or you leave. Board the cats at a reputable kennel before you do this, so they are beyond his reach. And be prepared for him to refuse to seek help.
>>
>>16650701
I see all these signs now. And I'm going to be taking all of these actions.
I thank you anon.
I'm going to be bawling my eyes out when I have to get rid of them. I really am.
>>
you might want to ditch the motherfucking asshole.
>>
>>16650732
I'm pretty sure that's happening once the cats have a good home.
>>
>>16650272
Get rid of the cats and get a dog for him, cats can't be trained and are just irritating and get in the way
>>
get rid of this abusive piece of shit.
do you want him to throw your baby around if it doesn't stop crying? cause abusing animals is just the start. people that have no conotrole over their anger and temper and that get annoyed by pets and kids are the lowest scum on earth.
>>
>>16650741
What if he does to the same to the dogs.
When it came to training the cats it didn't take him long to flip.
What if a dog did the same thing?
I can't see me getting rid of an animal to get another and see it being treated the same.
>>
>>16650749
I keep telling him this when I say I don't like him abusing the cats. He says they're just cats and that they're not kids. I really don't think he's getting the big picture that it's his frustration that is what's causing all of this.
I want to help him get treatment.
>>
>>16650756
what you should focus on getting out of there asap girl. i know where this is leading and believe me, it's a dark place
>>
>>16650758
I'm going to reach out to my mother to see if I can go back home. I'm going to try my hardest to get out.
>>
>>16650763
What's your relatinship like otherwise?
He seems like he'snoverly stressed/agressive/lacks empathy and patience and has anger issues. I doubt that your relationship is all roses besides him abusing your cats...
>>
>>16650776
To me he doesn't yell at me. But to every thing that stresses him. He yells. Car rides, work troubles, friends not online. I know he has anger issues.
How do I get him to see a therapist?
I'm currently in the process of getting one. Do I tell him to make a separate appointment? I asked him before and he feels he didn't need it. Do I keep pushing the subject?
>>
>>16650780

He's scum and you're retarded if you stay with him.
>>
>>16650842
I'm seeing this now, anon.
>>
>>16650780
no. my dad was like that. he needed to be 55 to accept that he need help. and even then he doesn't make real progress cause he thinks everything iseverybody eleses fault. you can't chae him that quickly. and especially not if he doesn't feel like he needs help
>>
>>16650895
Alright. So I should work on taking my leave soon.
I love the guy so damn much. But it's getting to the point where I can see all these warning signs and it's making me scared.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.