[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dad hit mom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 1

File: anime.jpg (12KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
12KB, 284x177px
My dad hit my mom yesterday and my mom told me she is going to press charges tommorow and wants me to tell the cops what happened. However my dad is the only breadwinner in the family and we would be fucked without him. Should i support my mom or lie to the cops so i can eat?
>>
>>16648725
Support your mom and help her get a job. And get a job yourself.
>>
>>16648725
Support your mom you asshole.
>>
mom has been a housewife for 20 years and i already work but i'm still in highschool for 2 years.
>>
>>16648725
If your dad is nice to you you should stay with him, nothings worse them living with a useless mother she'll just mooch off you an turn you into a pussy
>>
>>16648725
Why did your dad hit her? Did she ht him first?
>>
>>16648725
are you really going to lie and support a wife beater lmao support your mom you fag
>>
i am leaning towards telling the cops that she is lying because i don't want to starve
>>
my dad came home drunk and my mom asked him where he was and he smacked her and knocked her to the ground, i was there for the whole thing.
>>
>>16648784
Selfish. Why would you willingly let your mom be abused?
>>
>>16648725
They won't necessarily divorce just because your mom presses charges. However if you lie now your mother will forever loathe you. She'll see you as a traitorous liar who won't mind her getting beaten and who will take the side of the man who beats her up, even lying to the police.

Tell the truth, and if they divorce you can stay with your violent dad if you love him and his wallet so much. You both seem like cold-hearted scumbags, so maybe you would have a happy household together.
>>
>>16648784
youre a shitty person
>>
You're not gonna be fucked without him but you will end up dead with him.

You're underage and don't yet understand how things like alimony and child support work.
>>
>>16648789
If this is true and you're actually considering lying to the police and hurting your mom even further, you're truly a horrible, heartless, dishonorable person, anon. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
the reason i'm leaning towards lying is cause my mom has no skills or income and we would be completely fucked if my dad got charged. He would lose his job
>>
>>16648784
You can get into trouble for obstructing justice. Also, suppose he kills her one day? Then what?
>>
>>16648813
He deserves to lose his job and you deserve to "starve" for being so terrible.
>>
there wont be any alimony or child support if my dad is in jail or once he loses his job and my mom can only get min wage jobs she hasn't worked in 20 years
>>
>>16648813
Do what you feel. Nobody is in your shoes.
>>
i told her to get a divorce without filing charges so he could pay alimony but she's big into justice and violence against women and feminism crap so she wants him punished
>>
>>16648813
>b-but I have reasons
You're still an absolute asshole, a greedy lowlife with zero honour. Betraying your own mother like that. Fucking incredible.
>>
>>16648813
you do realize that if you lie the abuse is going to continue happening, right.
>>
>>16648813
You don't understand how finance works. You're not going to starve, you dumb fucker.
>>
You're a cuck in the making OP. Fucking cowardly human being
>>
>>16648829
this is fucking bait
>>
how would he pay alimony if he loses his job or is in jail and we are slightly upper middle class its not like the divorce settlement would result in millions for my mom
>>
>>16648821
Then you'll get a fucking part-time job to help her support the family you useless little shit. Or again, why don't you stay with your dad. Also your dad won't go to jail for hitting a woman once, are you retarded

You're not only a traitorous piece of shit who won't even stand up for his OWN MOTHER, you're dumb as fuck as well. Dumb and evil. Nice combo
>>
>>16648829
>she's big into enforcing the law
>feminism crap
Um, it's against the law to hit people, no matter how much money either party has. That's not a feminism thing.

Probably not much will happen to your dad to be honest.
>>
he would lose his job though
>>
Gotta say, I am deeply impressed with /adv/ for casting angry mockery and insults at a 16 year old kid legitimately scared about the ramifications of his father being arrested for a violent act on his mother. Bravo, guys, way to go.

But then, I guess this site is, in theory, for 18+ only. So fuck 'im, right?

Anyway, OP, be honest about the situation, lying about it won't fix shit. Let the adults sort it out from there. Your dad isn't going to get the death penalty and you're not going to starve in the streets. You're right to be worried, but backstabbing your mother isn't the way.
>>
>>16648872
How do you know? My dad was an abusive asshole that my mom filed complaints against but he still kept his job and found gainful employment.
>>
violence against women is a much bigger deal now then it was back then and i don't want to save my dad as i want to save my mom and i from destitution, we don't have any family that can support us either
>>
>>16648916
back then? I'm only 20, guy. And people still don't give a shit about women, least of all the police or corporations.
>>
if people dont care about women then why has there been all these anti dv ads and all the ray rice crap with the nfl. I am disgusted by what my dad did but he is the only source of income we have and we are in for big trouble without him
>>
>>16648725
Everyone needs to lay off you a bit you're not being selfish you're scared and dont know what to do torn between your mam and dad. Honor and survival.

But i gotta say even if he is the only source of income you gotta side with your mam and i know the idea of no money if one is scary but it's a much worse idea to have an alcoholic draining away at the money especially if he's beating your mam, it's very hard to face the cops when in an abusive relationship and she needs your support right now.
>>
>>16648725
More info required
State? City?
Home owned , morgage, or renting?
Joingn checking/savings?
Credit cards?
More than one car?
Family close by is....whose? Mom dad or both
Part of a church?
>>
i think i will tell the cops that he hit her and we will deal with whatever comes along. Thanks guys
>>
>>16648944
for every ad or article you see online there are probably thousands of rape and violence cases that get dismissed or never make it to court because no one cares or believes them. Nothing is going to happen to your dad.
>>
>>16648895
Anon OP is an upper middle class pampered brat who literally watched his drunkard dad beat his mom for only asking where he's been - and is actually considering lying to the police (thus not only betraying and hurting his mother incredibly, but also communicating to both his parents that yes he believes mommy should be beaten up lel, and also causing his mother to have a reputation for false alarms and lying to the police) only because he doesn't want to experience a drop in his lifestyle. So what if his mom gets abused and beaten, and gets betrayed and backstabbed by her own child? The important thing is that OP gets a nice, comfy life.

That's INCREDIBLY fucked up and cold. Even from a 16-year old. Fuck I feel bad for OP's mom
>>
OP, forget these the dumb fucking whores in this thread telling you to turn in your dad.

You mom is fucking useless, doesn't work and she's into feminism, she is worthless and your dad busts his ass to put food on the table and he gets bitched at for letting off some steam, my mother in law is the exact same way.

Here's what you do, tell your dad that you're worried about him and that he should seek some help, maybe AA and tell him that your mom wants to rat him out to the cops, tell him to hide his finances, hide his money, get a lawyer ASAP ect, so he can prepare for the divorce and thus be two steps ahead so your whore of a mother doesn't rob him blind.

When the divorce comes, side with your dad so you guys can grow up together and have a good life while your broke ass mom can fend for herself with feminism or whatever.

Trust me, I'm a child of divorce.
>>
>>16648735
Help her get a job and go get yourself a job. It's your mother you ungrateful shit.
>>
she hasnt worked in 20 years the only jobs she can get are retail or fast food type jobs and we would struggle
>>
>>16649071
> letting off some steam

There are other ways to let off steam than punching your wife. Even if it was the wife coming home drunk and beating her husband, I'd be against it. People should not hit people because they're angry someone only asked where they were.
>>
>>16649090
So struggle. What will you lose?
> bawww I'd have no cable/phone/internet/video games/designer clothes!!

But you'd make enough for food and gas/water/electricity/etc and that's more important.
>>
>>16649071
Skedaddle back to /r9k/, you
>>
>>16649090
Get a job too then, you idiot
>>
>>16648725
How did he hit her. Did he slap her face or did he punch her in the ribs.
The distinction is in his intentions. If it was a slap on the face send them to couples therapy. Your mom is just butthurt. I wouldnt be surprised if she slapped your dad before.
If he hit her with the intention of hurting her than they dont need to be together. I wouldnt support your mom here. Tell her that youll only help once she tries couples therapy.
>>
he slapped her and then punched her in the stomach
>>
Why is she going to call the police when they can talk it out? He was drunk. Yes that's not an excuse but bringing the cops won't solve the problem either it'll only make things worse talk to both of your parents before it escalates.
>>
>>16649165
Actually having a report on file is the only way that anything gets done if things do escalate.
>>
>>16649163
Has he hit her before? How is their relationship?

The thing is that no-one goes to jail for one beating like that. He probably won't also lose his job unless it's a very delicate job where a flawless reputation is important, I don't know maybe working with small children or something. Most likely not. What will happen is that he'll get a small fine or something like that.

However, it will leave a minor note in the police files. So if it happens again, and again, and gets worse, your mother will be able to show that the violence has been ongoing and consistent. It's what everyone in violent relationships should do, file reports as soon as problems arise so there's evidence of how things progressed. And seeing as how your dad punched her in the stomach too - that's bad, that's real malicious intent, no longer just being a bit upset. Your father is dangerous. he will become more dangerous if he believes he can get away with it and that you support him.

But, if you lie now, you will signal to both your father and your mother that you think this violence is okay, that you accept it, that you believe your mother deserves to be beaten and that you will lie to cover it up. Your father will be emboldened, thinking that it's perfectly fine to beat your mom like that since you'll lie for him and also support him, so it's not so bad. Maybe he'll start to beat your mother more because of your wordless support and approval.

Your mother, too, will know that you believe that she deserves to be beaten in her own home. She's a housewife, so she makes your laundry, prepares your food, does the chores, and every time she sees you from now on she'll know that you're not to be trusted, that you betrayed her, that you so strongly believe she deserves to be beaten you even lied to the police to protect the person who beat her and to make herself look bad in front of the police. It's a knife to her heart.

How do you feel about your mom? Genuine question.
>>
>>16649165
It's important to react to things like that seriously, and show that there's consequences to behaving as such. Also if the violence gets worse, (as it almost always does since people who hit once like that tend to do it because they think it's okay, and will thus do it later again) it's important to have official proof that it's happening consistently and is a pattern, which enables the authorities to do anything, otherwise it'll each time be just this one isolated incident.

However this one time won't ruin the man's life or anything, but it might be a wake-up call.

>>16649071
You don't "let out steam" by beating your family members, anon.
>>
i love my mom and want her to be happy but i know this could put her in a very tough situation financially and i am going to college soon so that might be an extra burden if i dont get a scholly
>>
>>16649272
Look their marriage isn't going to automatically end just because she presses charges. Your dad also won't be thrown to jail - unless he's been consistently beating her seriously for a longer time. I think that it'd need to be so serious she'd have needed to go to the hospital in order for him to get any jail time and even then it'd be unlikely.

What you should do though is talk with your mom about this, and tell her to start preparing to support herself if things go south with the marriage and she needs to divorce. It's bad if she has zero skills.

But if you love her, don't ruin the relationship between you and your mom because you want to shield your dad from a measly little fine or a little slap on the wrist. He won't go to jail or lose his job if you tell the truth, probably they won't even divorce - but you will lose your mother's trust and respect if you lie.

Has your father beaten your mom before? Has he beaten or threatened to beat you? How is he, in general? Is this the first time something like this happens, or has he been acting threateningly before?

Were you surprised he'd do something like this, or did it fit the image you have of him, of your parent's relationship?
>>
>>16648808
lmao you think its that simple... fuck man
>>
>>16649163
>he slapped her and then punched her in the stomach
Alright he falls into the category of seriously trying to injure her. For now they need to be separated. Pressing charges might be a bit extreme but he demonstrated his desire to cause physical trauma. Couples therapy would probably be the best decision. But she wont decide that until her butthurt calms down.
>>
>>16649272
If you don't get a scholarship... then work, and go to a community college for a year or two and get requisites done, get great grades, then get some grants and scholarships (and keep working) and transfer out to college. If you're poor you'll have a better chance at financial aid and scholarships anyway, especially if you depend on a single mom.

fuck dude. Money is not worth selling your mom out. You can always work your way around money, but you only get one family.
>>
he has never hit me and as far as i know never done this to my mom
>>
op i understand your position unlike the other hurr durrs in this thread, but you have to stand up for your mom. do what is right, and hope everything else will work out
>>
Dude dont be a fag. Better to starve with your dignity than to eat everyday knowing that you lied to the police about your mom.

Fucking dick this is probably b8
>>
>>16648725
Bros before hos. Your mom probably had it coming.
>>
>>16649096
I believe he meant getting drunk when he meant letting off steam, not that I agree with him
>>
>>16649349
Well if it's the first time and your mom didn't get seriously injured he won't even get arrested, definitely won't go to jail. They probs won't notify his job or anything like that.

All it'll do is leave some official notice somewhere that yes, this happened. Not a criminal record, just a case file. It won't affect anything, except if things get bad and your mom needs to be able to prove he's been violent before. Essentially it'd just be a small brick in a potential wall of evidence, and if your dad is decent at all he'll get a wake-up call from having a small chat with the police now, and won't keep beating your mom and the evidence will never ever be needed.

>>16649519
Why do you think of your own mom as a ho anon, pretty cold
>>
>>16648725
>Mom is a parasite who apparently doesn't know when to stop running her mouth
>Father provides for you like boss, is your FATHER, you have his name ffs
>You actually have to think about who to back
You're a special kind of ungrateful, you know that anon? Your dad probably got tired of being treated like a meal ticket and had to remind your cunt mother the order of things.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.