[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've done nothing but play video games for the last 6 years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: no.png (10KB, 604x608px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
10KB, 604x608px
I've done nothing but play video games for the last 6 years. I used to be an honor student in high school. Now I struggle to string together sentences that are more complicated than anything basic. My brain definitely has a harder time figuring shit out now.

I'm done being a worthless neet, but how do I unfuck myself? What do I have to do?
>>
I feel like I'm in a similar boat, though I feel 4chan has done more to liquefy my brain than gaming.
>>
>>16648358

Start exercising, remove all distractions (make SURE all those motherfuckers are FAR out of reach), go to the library, make lists (write down what you need to do, but also write down when you finished something and why this makes you happy), stay consistent. It will take some time for your brain to re-wire, but you can do it. It will become easier eventually.
>>
>>16648358
You must be really far gone if you can't figure this one out. It's so simple: do things besides play video games. That's your solution. Literally anything qualifies.
>>
>>16648358

People really overestimate the ability of their brain to like fully degenerate. Ability and knowledge linger for a lot longer than people think they just stay dormant.

I used to play cricket from like 8 to 13 years old as a kid but then quit because fuck Australia's heat. Anyway this year (I'm 23) my friends wanted me to join their team for old times sake and I was surprised at how good I still am.

Now that's just like 5 years of cricket; you were an honour student. Just get back into uni if that's where you're hoping to go, take a prep course or even just read a large and dense novel.

Start to challenge your brain again and trust me it will remember all the little tricks it used to use.
>>
>>16648368

literally how the fuck? People say 4chan is "bad for you." I can see how it can be detrimental to your social life or your outlook on issues like women, but aside from that it's literally impossible for it to "liquefy" your brain, it's fucking 80% text. text, text, text everywhere! if you're on 4chan you're just reading all day and that will not do your brain harm.
>>
>>16648368
This. Chans are so bad. On the one hand if I never found this place I'd be an autistic beta most likely, ironically. But now that I've gained all I can I can't leave. There is literally nothing on this planet that can give your brain as much dopamine as an image board without being an intraveinous drug.
>>
>>16648405
>There is literally nothing on this planet that can give your brain as much dopamine as an image board without being an intraveinous drug.

Wrong. Money. When you sell something for $2 million that you made a 200k commission for 2 days of work, THATS the most dopamine your brain can get
>>
>>16648390

I almost daily visit /v/, if that doesn't give you a clue then you're lucky...
>>
>>16648412
Do you do this? I'm in sales rn, hook a brother up
>>
>>16648405

I don't see the harm and I've been here for a very long time. People have always said le here 4eva but I can't see why it's bad? I could either come home from work and watch tv or I could just communicate with some people. It's just a board for discussion and I'd rather discuss than consume media.

Same goes for on the weekends, if I'm not doing anything I could either watch Saturday morning cartoons or chat with some lads.

There are plenty of things I'd rather do than 4chan but when I'm not doing them I'd rather be on 4chan than anything else and I haven't noticed any negative impacts? It's just an image board.
>>
>>16648441

It's not a guaranteed way to fuck with anyone's minds, but if you're a NEET that regularly spends all day on 4chan rather than doing anything else, you quickly feel it destroying you. It's not the sole factor, but this place plays it's part.
>>
>>16648417

yeah OP here and I visit /v/, /a/, and /vg/ quite a lot

I'm slowly integrating better sections like /lit/ and /sci/, but obviously feel like a total stranger regarding the topics.
>>
>>16648441

The difference is between doing something obsessively, or recreationally? I really think it is the same for drugs, 4chan, videogames, or any other addiction. As soon as you start using it as easy escape mechanism to avoid dealing with more important issues, you start going down a negative spiral.

Good news is that I used to visit 4chan way too much. But this is like the second time this month I' m here now. So it can change.
>>
>>16648433

Look,

You're working a sales job? Try to meet people. As many people as you can- the people that supply the shit you sell to the company, the end customers,

Put a Rolodex together.

Sooner or later, a few thousand bucks in shit will pop by that your boss doesn't want. So talk to the guy that brought it out back, and hand him 500 bucks, and throw it in your car.

Either you're born a salesman or you're not.

It's up to you now anon
>>
>>16648461

This seems pretty apt to me
>>
>>16648358
>Went from being an accelerated student coming out of 4th grade to never finishing a grade after.
>Went to a public tech school accelerated course and got my diploma.
>Played nothing but video games for ~10 years.
>Shit hit the fan.
>Worked labor pool for about a year.
>Applied for community college; got in but assigned remedial math.
> blazed through with a 3.8 GPA on a pre-engineering program.
> went to university, majoring in computer engineering
I'm employed in-field as a paid intern and graduate in 4 months to a full time position.

See where your story goes.
>>
>>16648553

whoa nice
>>
>>16649459
it's been 6 years, and I owe the government a new car in student loans, but engineering is a solid field.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.